Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP

Bavsound "Stage One" Speaker "Upgrade" Review

Complete and total waste of time and money. They absolutely sound like shit, and only my four mid-tweeters for the doors were broken that I could have ordered from the dealership, saved myself hassle gluing them, and been done.

If ALL of your speakers are blown, buy used HK's off eBay, because right now what I have is garbage.

Grain of salt, I just installed them, got inside, and listened. Maybe something will change once I drive, but at this point I doubt it and I'm skeptical.

Nobody online has this opinion, all the "reviews" are by sunk-cost-fallacy victims.

This is a warning to anyone out there, DON'T get the bavsound for your ZHP.

[edit]

I took them for a drive and it's not as bad as I initially thought. I really hope my opinion changes. They're definitely not a huge improvement (if any) over 20-year-old stock HK.

[edit2]

It's... o.k. You can tell it has a "modern" (IMO artificial) sound. If I'd known I owuld have just bought for new mid-drivers from BMW, fixed the front left tweeter, and called it good.
    Last edited by Fried_Chicken; 09-14-2024 at 06:17 PM.
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

That sucks! I've heard about bavsound since I bought my E46 around 15 years ago.
    So you changed like 10 speakers and it sounds poor? Perhaps they need to break in. Hifi home speakers I think also need some play time before they soften up.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Thanks for the honest review. I've been considering the Bavsound system for my touring, and it doesn't even include the two rear woofers for w/ the HK setup.

I've got half a dozen used HK speakers from salvage cars so I'll probably just spends some time swapping those in to see if it solves the random buzzing issues I've been having. I've replaced one obviously blown speaker in the front door and removed some pieces of plastic trim clips loose in the bottom of the door. That seems to have helped some.