Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP

Anyone reworked their driver side window regulator due to not sealing properly?

This summer, after I pulled the car battery cable over night and replaced my driver door lock, which involved taking off the window rolling motor("regulator") and maybe breaking\deforming a clip. I noticed the driver's window does not roll up properly, but is slightly crooked with more wind noise when fully closed up, and nor does it roll down slightly after opening the door handle from the inside. lock.

Has any one fixed it themselves successfully by reworking the window regulator? I'm not sure where to look for the problem, to be solved. I'm thinking just have the shop handle it one day, since I lost the ability to lock\unlock doors properly.

Cleaning/lubricating the window guides is also part of the regulator replacement job. Clean with a toothbrush & bottle brush & mild mix of all-purpose cleaner. Lube with silicone spray.
    I've not had to replace one on a coupe, but the sedan has a single bolt holding the glass to the regulator - is the glass properly seated/oriented?
    There is a switch synchronization technique for the up/down - you should be able to find that with a Search.
    Last edited by John in VA; 09-08-2024 at 06:53 AM.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats