Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I have heard good things about the Magnaflow setup. But I'm partial to AA. I love the sound.

Sent from a blue police box

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    I've pretty much decided I'm going to try the muffler delete. For the little cost, I'll give it a whirl and see how I like it.

If the muffler delete is too loud for my taste, I'll try a Magnaflow and if I don't like it, I can always go back to the OE muffler I'll throw in a box in the basement.

I just can't see spending two grand on an exhaust for a $15k car just to make it sound better. If there was HP gain, it might make some sense, but since that would be even more money, an expensive header/full exhaust solution just isn't in the cards for me.

SC
    Sort of where I'm at. Unless some wild deal pops up on Craigslist, I'm not really going to mess with the exhaust. It's why I had my eye on the BMW Performance exhaust and even bought one from two different locations during the Great BMW Performance Exhaust Grab of 2015, but both orders were cancelled.

I personally like the sound of the Rogue DMS and Eisenmann exhausts from YouTube videos, but an exhaust is the sort of thing I'd like to hear in person before I take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    TSE3

Was that mine JP?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    TSE3

+100000
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

yeah , i concur I think to hear in person before hand would be a smart move. the Borla touring sounds nice or the s type
    but hard to know for sure
    I really don't want it to loud

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

The TSE3 doesn't drone at level RPM, but I found that I'm always "pushing forward" when I drive and so when the RPMs rise, the sound rises (of course). So, while "technically" it doesn't drone, it pretty much stays loud for me 95+% of the time I drive. Straight cruise no acceleration on the highway is indeed quiet, but I just never drive like that - especially in SoCal.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

+1

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    The TSE3 doesn't drone at level RPM, but I found that I'm always "pushing forward" when I drive and so when the RPMs rise, the sound rises (of course). So, while "technically" it doesn't drone, it pretty much stays loud for me 95+% of the time I drive. Straight cruise no acceleration on the highway is indeed quiet, but I just never drive like that - especially in SoCal.

UUC TS3! for LIFE!! great exhaust. its not loud! like people say it is. Its only loud from 4k rev and up! sounds so beautiful! get compliments from cops all the time! lol

Just remember:
    Headers are a better gain in HP/Torque than an Exhaust system is on these cars.
    UUC TS3 Exhaust systems do sound the best to me compared to any other manufacture but are WAY TO LOUD when paired with aftermarket headers.
    So I advise that you chose which you would want more sound or performance.
    Sound plays a lot into making a car fun to drive, its not all performance. plus you'll still get some gains on the exhaust alone. compared to stock.
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Alikessu View Post
    Hi HcBeck
    I noticed you said you had the BMW performance exhaust
    is it louder than the ZHP exhaust
    and how do you like it compared with the more expensive exhausts? I was actually thinking of that exhaust because I don't nesaseraly want to be to loud

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    It is louder than zhp exhaust and I love the sound, but not loud at all. It often leaves me wanting more. I do like the sound better than the Dinan on my dads M3 though. Like people have already said, it's going to be hard to find one.

-Holden

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    I've pretty much decided I'm going to try the muffler delete. For the little cost, I'll give it a whirl and see how I like it.

SC
    The muffler delete really isn't that loud. I drove around for a few days like that after cutting off my stock muffler before I put on the BMW perf. I did throw a code though. Can't remember what it was. I cleared it when I put the BMW perf on and it stayed off

-Holden

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast