PDA

View Full Version : WTT / WTB: ZHP Convertable 6MT (in about one year)

Crickett
05-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Year(s): 2004 – 2006
Budget: ~$15,000
Desired Location of Vehicle: West coast (Vegas, LA, San Diego, etc.); Great Plains (Kansas, Texas); Midwest (Ohio, Chicago)
Desired Mileage: I'll consider any as long as there's a good maintenance history to back it up
Transmission: manual ONLY
Desired Number of Doors: . . . 'vert (a removable hard top would be a BIG plus)
Desired Color Combos (in descending order):

Exterior: Imola Red, Mystic Blue, Orient Blue, Sparkling Graphite, Silver Gray, Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Jet Black, Titanium Silver
Interior: Alcantara, Natural Brown, tan, black (no gray!)

Desired Packages: ZHP, no ZCW (but stand-alone heated seats are a plus; will consider ZCW with headlight washers deleted)
Funds lined up? Not yet. See below.
Have a car you need to sell first? 2004 6MT ZHP sedan in Silver Gray over gray leather

Here's the bottom line up front: the wife & I are planning a cruise of the PCH for our fifth anniversary in May 2014 & I'd like it to be in a convertible ZHP. Ideally, someone would have an Imola over Alcantara vert & he'd really want to straight-up swap for a well-cared for Silver Gray sedan.

I don't have the extra cash on hand to just buy another ZHP; the bulk of my budget (~90%) for this WTB is my current ZHP. Additionally, since I'm beginning the search a year out, I have time on my side to work out the logistic & financial details of the deal.

So, that said, who would like to give up the hopeless life of driving around a ZHP saddled with a few extra hundred pounds, two missing doors, & a missing roof??

Avetiso
05-12-2013, 02:19 PM
GL with the find.

Crickett
09-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Update: still on the hunt, folks! I'm cruising our FS lists daily (keeping my eye on one in particular (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10620-FS-2004-BMW-330cic-Conv-Imola-Alcantara-6spd-49k-mi-21-000-Fairfax-Station-VA) . . . ) & checking CL, Cars.com, AutoTrader, etc.. Let me know if you've got one to sell!

I'll likely be putting my ZHP sedan up for sale in the very near future to get the sale of it out of the way & start getting my funds lined up for a vert; still expecting ~$15k for the budget.

ELCID86
09-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Get the cPRO Craigslist+ app. Amazing the cars it picks up that other tools don't.

BCS_ZHP
09-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Travis,
New belts & its 10th oil change coming this weekend as we approach 50K. Likely will do VCG & spark plugs as a PM measure soon to show my son how to do it, then I'll supervise him doing his own car. Weather here is perfect for a convert right now, wife driving her every day.