PDA

View Full Version : Koni FSD & Eibach Prokit *Bump Stops!?*

Katu
04-19-2013, 09:58 AM
I purchased the Koni FSD & Eibach Pro-kit damper/spring set and need some clarification when it comes to the bump stops.

I have already installed the front end parts (struts/springs/endlinks/reinforcement plates) and I ordered the following bump stops to replace the old ones:

http://www.oembimmerparts.com/product_p/31336750892-46-8e46.htm - Part#31306757046 (for the sport suspension).

I was planning to install the rear end parts next week and I noticed the rear Koni shocks already come with the bump stops (the fronts did not), so I e-mailed Koni to see if they recommended using these or going OEM.

My response from Koni:

"Yes you will need to install bump stops on the front dampers, in many cases the OE stops can be used, but will need trimmed due to the fact you are lowering the vehicle. Also the black dust cover stays on the rear shocks as well, and already have the necessary bumpstops installed."

Since I have already installed the front end parts the underlined part of the e-mail concerns me. I would need to redo everything in order to cut the new bump stops I had installed. From memory, I believe the new bump stops were almost identical in height to the old bump stops I took out.

After inquiring further with regards to recommended bump stop height, I was told I would need to contact Eibach. This is fine and I will contact them but I was curious if anyone who has installed Koni FSD / Eibach Pro-Kit springs has run across this issue. What was the result?

Katu
04-25-2013, 05:24 PM
After trying to get a hold of Eibach for almost a week I finally have an answer verified by their R&D department.

You do *NOT* need to cut/trim the front or rear bump stops. All is well now.

FYI This is regarding the Koni FSD (2100 4006) and Eibach Pro Kit (2067.140).

Mr Paul
04-26-2013, 10:04 AM
After trying to get a hold of Eibach for almost a week I finally have an answer verified by their R&D department.

You do *NOT* need to cut/trim the front or rear bump stops. All is well now.

FYI This is regarding the Koni FSD (2100 4006) and Eibach Pro Kit (2067.140).

How do you like the ride and handling? I'm due for shocks and I will definitely be getting the FSDs and I am debating on getting the Eibach springs as well. I really like how the car rides now and coming off of 8 years of lowered cars I am quite happy with the compromise between handling and comfort with my ZHP. What are your thoughts on your setup?

Katu
04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
How do you like the ride and handling? I'm due for shocks and I will definitely be getting the FSDs and I am debating on getting the Eibach springs as well. I really like how the car rides now and coming off of 8 years of lowered cars I am quite happy with the compromise between handling and comfort with my ZHP. What are your thoughts on your setup?

I can't give a full review yet, I only installed the front suspension. I will be doing the rear soon though. I will say I noticed the different in the front end as soon as I hit my first on ramp, the front felt more planted. Also going over bumps the ride is smoother. I can't wait to do the rear shocks / springs / RTABs with limiters / Rogue shock mounts :)

blindside
04-27-2013, 10:09 PM
In for the review

terraphantm
04-27-2013, 10:11 PM
ah come on, the rears take like 20 minutes total ;)

Also, keep an eye on the ride quality. Cutting bump stops is sometimes recommended to allow for more shock travel -- helps reduce harshness