PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2005 BMW 330i Sedan, Blk/NB, 124k mi, $9995, Philly

ELCID86
04-13-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't see it on the dealers site. May be gone...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2005&zip=22554&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&sellerTypes=b&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&mmt=%5BBMW%5B330I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=330I&makeCode1=BMW&startYear=2004&showcaseOwnerId=0&incremental=last_searched-1365480000000&searchRadius=500&bodyStyleCodes=SEDAN&listingId=344197163&listingIndex=1&Log=0

MiniD
04-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Wow...what a deal.

alexandre
04-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Interior is actually natural brown in the pictures.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Definitely NB interior.

ELCID86
04-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Sorry, read the ad, not the pics. Fixed.

blindside
04-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Has anyone seen this car yet? I wonder why it's marked so low

illirep
04-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Matt - It doesn't appear they know what the car is as they make no mention of the typical "m-sport", "sport", "m-package" tag lines that you typically see when these dealers realize they have something "not-special". Will be a great pickup for someone.

blindside
04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
That's what I was thinking. The title on the page mentions m package but again they seem clueless to the implications it's price. I may head up Thursday to check it out. Updates soon to come

ELCID86
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
I figure Bill might jump on this one since it's close by and he just sold his black one! Good luck @blindside.

blindside
04-17-2013, 09:27 AM
I figure Bill might jump on this one since it's close by and he just sold his black one! Good luck @blindside.

Thanks ELCID86. I'll have a right up and more pictures tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't a vanos rattle. Then again it's so under priced it could be worth and dr.vanos purchase.

fredo
04-17-2013, 09:53 AM
In for blindside's additional info on this nice car.

jason
04-18-2013, 07:21 AM
blindside let me know what you find out...

i saw this on autotrader a while back but when i clicked on the link to view the dealers website, the car was not listed so i figured it was gone.....however, looking at this conversation i decided to look again and realized i was going to the wrong website.... the car is still listed on the website for www.philadelphiaautosales.us and i just called them and the man i spoke to said the car was still for sale....i couldnt understand his accent that well so i didn't get into specifics with questions.... I'm only about 2 hrs away max so i was going to try and get down to see the car on saturday. Let me know if you get to see it and what you find out.....thanks a lot

blindside
04-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Absolutely Jason that's no problem. I didn't make it today, work complications, but in the next 3-4 days ill be there. I'll update this thread as soon as I see the car, you do the same if you see it first so we both can know what's up.

I called him yesterday and same story, a thick accent and kind of short so who knows at the end of the day.

blindside
04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Just checked out the car. Overall I'd rate it at 7.5/ 10 if not lower. The whole experience with the dealer was unacceptable. So just from the start I was aggravated.

EXTERIOR:

Passenger rear flare had scuffing that starts from the passenger door. That was substantial. There was a small dent on the driver rear qpanel but not unexpected with a daily driver.
There was some evidence of a front end collision. The passenger side hood was lining up cleanly with the front quarter panel. Also, evidence of running larger wheels or something that doused the inner wheel well to be ripped apart on passenger front.
The front bumpers painted didn't seemed to match factory black sapphire nor did the bumper fit flush, there was sagging on either side. It seemed like the bumper may have been repainted at some point and the job must have been cheap bc it had dirt under the paint throughout the whole bumper.

The kidney grill wouldn't set correctly, I tried to no avail, I'm not sure if it's the grill or the harness has been misshaped from a collision.

There were scratches, varying in severity on almost each quarter panel. Two were noticeable, the rest not so muc.
I

blindside
04-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Mechanical:

The car drove well, clean shifts, solid clutch, no hesitation from the throttle. There was no banks rattle of any sort. Suspension also felt clean, it pulled to the left during the drive potential caused from a low/ near flat front driver tire.

There wear in the interior wasn't to bad through and through but really some odd stuff came up like the AUX port in the ash tray blew my mind.

danewilson77
04-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Sounds like a lot of aesthetics. How did it run?

blindside
04-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Soo I'd like to hear everyones input.
The car needs some cosmetic work for sure, and preventative maintenance may or may not have been done.

I like the fact that it drove so well and was sound ESP for $9.9k ( which was firm and no room for negotiations)

Do I jump on this car bc it is under priced but I feel it's starting with a hand ful of issues right off the bat. Idk unsure at the point.

blindside
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a lot of aesthetics. How did it run?

It ran well, smooth shifts, great at higher rpms, no hesitation or weird noises at all. No bearing issues.

It ran well off the start, smooth as a BMW should be, higher speeds were great of course. All in all it drove well.

midlandtech
04-23-2013, 04:25 PM
It ran well, smooth shifts, great at higher rpms, no hesitation or weird noises at all. No bearing issues.

It ran well off the start, smooth as a BMW should be, higher speeds were great of course. All in all it drove well.

How much are you going to have to spend too make it right again and will that bring the total amount invested in the car to more than you are able to recoupe if you needed to sell... If so it may be worthwhile to find a better example.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

blindside
04-23-2013, 06:34 PM
How much are you going to have to spend too make it right again and will that bring the total amount invested in the car to more than you are able to recoupe if you needed to sell... If so it may be worthwhile to find a better example.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I have no idea. I expect the scuff on the passenger side to bring up the total to at least $1k in touch up paint removal. That. Takes the car to $11k. $11k up front with no idea where we stand on coolant systems, vans, disa, none of that s it could end up being a expensive endeavor to take on

danewilson77
04-24-2013, 05:50 AM
I would be into that car for around $13k when all was said and done. Just for the basics.

blindside
04-24-2013, 07:48 AM
I would be into that car for around $13k when all was said and done. Just for the basics.

Is it even worth it then? I have a few other prospects around $12.5k with no mechanical or cosmetic problems. Id rather spend more and not deal with work to do off the start.

jgt_zhp
04-24-2013, 07:55 AM
If the car is that rough on the surface, chances are it wasn't somebody too meticulous about mechanical care and maintenance either. Your first impression of the dealer didn't seem too favorable, either. I may be a little conservative (no, I'm pretty conservative), but if it were me, I think I'd take a pass, and look for something that I could feel a little more confident wasn't a ticking time bomb.

danewilson77
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
If the car is that rough on the surface, chances are it wasn't somebody too meticulous about mechanical care and maintenance either. Your first impression of the dealer didn't seem too favorable, either. I may be a little conservative (no, I'm pretty conservative), but if it were me, I think I'd take a pass, and look for something that I could feel a little more confident wasn't a ticking time bomb.

Can be assumed but is not necessarily true.

ELCID86
04-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Recommend a Pass. More options available--keep your eye out here and the usual sites.

bullfrogs_M3
04-24-2013, 10:46 AM
If your first impression was like that and you do end up buying the car, you'll always be kicking yourself that you didn't find and get exactly what you wanted and no matter WHAT you do to the car, you may never get over that "what if i didn't buy this?" mentality.

Torxuvin
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Soo I'd like to hear everyones input.
The car needs some cosmetic work for sure, and preventative maintenance may or may not have been done.

I like the fact that it drove so well and was sound ESP for $9.9k ( which was firm and no room for negotiations)

Do I jump on this car bc it is under priced but I feel it's starting with a hand ful of issues right off the bat. Idk unsure at the point.

9.9 isn't low for that condition. I would pick it up at 7-8 max. Too much work to be done.

This.

blindside
04-24-2013, 06:32 PM
I passed. If the exterior was kept so poorly I can only imagine how it was driven. It could be a good car for someone but not me now. Further more That dealer isn't getting a dime from me.