PDA

View Full Version : Want to hear a Simota intake on a ZHP? Bumper cam video content

wertyu78
04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrK16MNWLU

As the title describes, checkout the video! Simota intake (Gruppe M replica) audio from bumper cam. This footage is from one of our first drives of the year. The tires lost heat quickly and roads were covered with salt/gravel from the winter. Thus the conservative driving.

HokieZHP
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Sounds similar to my Gruppe intake, at least from the video and the fact that I've never heard mine from the front of my car before haha.

wertyu78
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Sounds similar to my Gruppe intake, at least from the video and the fact that I've never heard mine from the front of my car before haha.

I've not heard an authentic Gruppe M in person, but it sounds just like Derbo's videos.

HokieZHP
04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Well if you come to the meet at Dane's you can hear mine

I don't have a go-pro to take videos like that unfortuantely

az3579
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Well if you come to the meet at Dane's you can hear mine

I don't have a go-pro to take videos like that unfortuantely

I do. You can take vids at the meet if you want. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

wertyu78
04-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I should be up there!

HokieZHP
04-09-2013, 02:38 PM
BP- I'd love to use it for some videos if you have a mount for it!

Yeah you're welcome to drive my car at the meet and check it out. I've got a magnaflow also and love the combination!

BimmerWill
04-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Beastly. What's the market price on one of those?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

derbo
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I've not heard an authentic Gruppe M in person, but it sounds just like Derbo's videos.

From the video, they sound almost the same. They are similar in shape afterall.

niart906
04-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Sounds great!

webster
04-10-2013, 08:37 AM
that does sound pretty sweet. and that road ain't too bad either.

wertyu78
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
that does sound pretty sweet. and that road ain't too bad either.

It was decent for the most part, but there were some sketchy areas. That's an easy road however. Follow my channel on YouTube. Plenty of more videos to come of some very technical stuff here in the Upstate and WNC.

Rovert
04-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Sounds gggrrrreeat! :D You can drive like that over there?? I wish I could do that but nowadays the gov't is out to remove a left baby maker and also take a right arm for tip if I get caught enjoying myself that much. :(

That C63 is a beast. When I got the chance to take it for a day I was amazed how close a Mercedes-Benz came to feel like a BMW. The sound of it is intoxicating but you never heard that because you were enjoying the awesome high revving scream of the M54. :D So full of win!!

johnrando
04-10-2013, 07:31 PM
That sounds so good. I really like my BMW Perf Intake for the OEM, the look, the +7 HP, and the mild sound increase, but this thing sounds so sweet! Decisions, decisions.

wertyu78
04-11-2013, 03:41 AM
That sounds so good. I really like my BMW Perf Intake for the OEM, the look, the +7 HP, and the mild sound increase, but this thing sounds so sweet! Decisions, decisions.

I paid $265 for it shipped from an E46fanatic. Totally worth every penny.

328ioc
04-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Sounds a lot like my AFE. I like it.

Maybe at the reunion we can swap a go pro around and do a comparo video of different intakes?

HokieZHP
04-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Having had the AFE intake as well, the gruppe definitely has a meaner sound to it IMO. We can all compare at the meet but in my opinion, the gruppe sounds better.

wertyu78
04-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Sounds gggrrrreeat! :D You can drive like that over there?? I wish I could do that but nowadays the gov't is out to remove a left baby maker and also take a right arm for tip if I get caught enjoying myself that much. :(

That C63 is a beast. When I got the chance to take it for a day I was amazed how close a Mercedes-Benz came to feel like a BMW. The sound of it is intoxicating but you never heard that because you were enjoying the awesome high revving scream of the M54. :D So full of win!!

It's a cool car for sure! C-300 Sport 6MT. The AMG exhaust makes it sound like an exotic.

The key is to not get caught, plus a crown vic knows better to pursue in the mountains.