PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on selling OEM tails, sidemarkers, and corners

BimmerWill
04-02-2013, 04:03 AM
As the title states im thinking about selling these items but not really sure if they would be worth the hassle. Im not sure what they are even worth but they're in perfect working condition the only reason I took them off was in order to install clears. They're just a/r tails and amber corner and sidemarkers. I had originally planned to keep them in case any of my new ones got busted but money is getting tight so I thought I would get opinions on what they would be worth or if anyone would be interested.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dave_B
04-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Will, do you LOVE your car? As in do you see yourself keeping it for quite a bit longer? If so, I'd say keep your OEM parts.

On previous cars, I was super glad I kept the stock parts. The newness of certain things wore off and I went back to OEM. The Amber corners for example.

I'm semi in the same boat as you. I'm working on clear/smoked corners, side markers and RCR tails to go on my TiAg. Plan is to keep the stock stuff however instead of selling to offset cost.

Smilez
04-02-2013, 05:18 AM
i want to buy oem amber sidemarkers facelift :P

BimmerWill
04-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Im pre-face :(

BimmerWill
04-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Will, do you LOVE your car? As in do you see yourself keeping it for quite a bit longer? If so, I'd say keep your OEM parts.

On previous cars, I was super glad I kept the stock parts. The newness of certain things wore off and I went back to OEM. The Amber corners for example.

I'm semi in the same boat as you. I'm working on clear/smoked corners, side markers and RCR tails to go on my TiAg. Plan is to keep the stock stuff however instead of selling to offset cost.

In all honesty I would love to keep this car for quite a while. It is getting up in age but I'm still just as in love with it as the first day I brought it home. It has quite a few miles but I feel like one day I may be able to make a project out of it and respray it, rebuild and FI or S54 swap it. It's one of the last great BMW's and I don't plan to sell it at any point so you may be right about keeping them. Which is why i've held onto them for so long in the first place.

illirep
04-02-2013, 05:51 AM
The stock lights are not worth much. You are better off keeping them so you can put back on the car and sell the clears when you sell the car some day.

Same thing applies to performance parts. Using the BMW Performance intake as an example: people sell their stock airbox for close to nothing, then are forced to leave a $400 intake in the car at the time of sale. I on the other hand, will remove the intake before sale, unless buyer wants to pay more for the car!

JupiterBMW
04-02-2013, 06:27 AM
In the extreme case... I actually tossed the OEM lights from my last ZHP because I couldn't even give them away. Then, I got in a wreck and the car was totaled. I had to scramble to find another set to put on the car when they towed it off to the scrap yard... Only to save the OEM Euro package I had recently purchased from Turner...

I still had to let the car go with a brand new ///M dead pedal because I couldn't get an OEM replacement in time.

My vote, if you have the space for storage, keep the parts. They aren't worth THAT much anyway. Will the ~$50 help you out that much anyway??

BimmerWill
04-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Great points guys, I'm going to keep them. Was just something I was mulling over in my head, glad you all are around to straighten me out!

Avetiso
04-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Yeah, they just aren't worth that much money...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

az3579
04-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Will the ~$50 help you out that much anyway??

Please don't take this the wrong way, but yes. Sometimes that $50 means having a tank of gas for the week.

Storage space isn't always easy to come by for some anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

BimmerWill
04-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Please don't task this the wrong way, but yes. Sometimes that $50 means having a tank of gas for the week.

Storage space isn't always easy to come by for some anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Good points. $50 can mean a lot to us college kids!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2