PDA

View Full Version : New ZHP hopeful

jgt_zhp
03-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm a BMWaholic.

Glad to become a member of this forum, and hoping to become a card carrying ZHP owner sometime soon. Searching for the right one. Can't imagine a better place to look.

I currently drive an 04 325i. Pretty basic car, but its been good to me for the last four years. Put a set of Style 135s on it when I got it, so maybe that was a foreshadowing that I'd be looking ZHP for my next car.

I've lurked a little and learned a lot. Glad to be here

danewilson77
03-26-2013, 07:07 AM
325i >>> :drool

Jeff, welcome.

Pics or it's bullshit :)

Marcus-SanDiego
03-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Welcome, Jeff.

Pip
03-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Welcome. You can always post what you're looking for and members would be more than happy to point out cars they find to help in your hunt.

Avetiso
03-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

johnrando
03-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Welcome. What part of the country you in? Good luck with search.

jgt_zhp
03-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks, all. I'm in Kansas City. Seems there's a real dearth of 330s of all kinds in the middle of the country. Or nobody ever sells them.

I'm pretty flexible with what I'm looking for. Open to sedan or coupes, leaning towards 6MT, hopefully under 100k miles. Maintenance and condition is most important to me. Narrowly missed out on an Imola Red/Sand sedan in NJ last week. I've always meant to get a Titanium Silver E46, but something always seems to come along in another color first.

Torxuvin
03-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks, all. I'm in Kansas City. Seems there's a real dearth of 330s of all kinds in the middle of the country. Or nobody ever sells them.

I'm pretty flexible with what I'm looking for. Open to sedan or coupes, leaning towards 6MT, hopefully under 100k miles. Maintenance and condition is most important to me. Narrowly missed out on an Imola Red/Sand sedan in NJ last week. I've always meant to get a Titanium Silver E46, but something always seems to come along in another color first.

Welcome. I actually bought mine in KC last fall.

jgt_zhp
03-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Welcome. I actually bought mine in KC last fall.

You must have got the last one. Bring it back.

Torxuvin
03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
You must have got the last one. Bring it back.

:rofl I'd sell it to you, but you'd be stuck picking it up here. I flew up there and drove it back. Wasn't too bad. Quite the adventure.

There is at least one other member close to you. One of the guys with a silver grey (I think) zhp sedan lives in KC still.

Dave_B
03-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the family, Jeff

RITmusic2k
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Greetings and good luck with the search, Jeff!

static667
03-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the Mafia!

Sent from my yet to be hacked GS3.

GMATT
03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Welcome and.good luck in your search!

Gary

Sent from my fancy telephone!

danewilson77
03-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Maybe put your ZHP "wants" and "needs" specifics in a WTB thread in the Classifieds.

:dunno

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?93-Want-To-Buy-Template

echo46
03-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Interesting, I am looking at 99 M3 Imola Red vert in Shaunee Mission, Kansas. Good luck, something will turn up.

jgt_zhp
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Interesting, I am looking at 99 M3 Imola Red vert in Shaunee Mission, Kansas. Good luck, something will turn up.

I'm about 10 minutes from Shawnee Mission. There's quite a few nice M3s around here. There seems to be a pretty active CCA group here as well. I haven't had a chance to get involved in much of that, I just moved here a few months ago

BCS_ZHP
03-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Jeff,
Welcome to the Family. The unicorn of ZHPs patrols your area, an AW ZHP 6MT with alcantara interior, I didn't act fast enough, a fellow KC'er flew to the east coast and picked it up last year.

JupiterBMW
03-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Jeff,
Welcome to the Family. The unicorn of ZHPs patrols your area, an AW ZHP 6MT with alcantara interior, I didn't act fast enough, a fellow KC'er flew to the east coast and picked it up last year.

Exactly as Bruce said. Post your Top 5 must have's, would like to have's, and your must not have's... From there, you'd be amazed at how people will help you find what you're looking for. I drove over 1000 miles to get each of my ZHPs, and I couldn't have been happier doing so. Also, I recommend using www.searchtempest.org and autotrader. Search with no mileage restriction so you can see what the whole country has to offer...

And Bruce... DUDE... Why didn't you tell me you were looking for this? Not long ago when I was looking for my 2nd (current) ZHP, I found the exact car you mentioned, was for sale up in MA... It didn't look 100% by any means, but if anyone here is an AW addict, its me, so I know what you're feeling... It was listed on Craigslist, up near Boston I believe...

midlandtech
03-26-2013, 08:20 PM
:rofl I'd sell it to you, but you'd be stuck picking it up here. I flew up there and drove it back. Wasn't too bad. Quite the adventure.

There is at least one other member close to you. One of the guys with a silver grey (I think) zhp sedan lives in KC still.

Yup that's me. In live in Mission. There are several ZHP's that pop up from time to time. The CCA here is pretty good about helping find cars too. PM me some time and we can meet up

jeff57ax
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Jeff:

Welcome from another Jeff with a ZHP in Kansas City - actually Parkville. Mine is a 2005 Alpine White coupe, bought it in New Jersey in the Fall of 2012 after looking for about 6 months. Good luck in your search.

Jeff

midlandtech
03-27-2013, 07:17 AM
Jeff:

Welcome from another Jeff with a ZHP in Kansas City - actually Parkville. Mine is a 2005 Alpine White coupe, bought it in New Jersey in the Fall of 2012 after looking for about 6 months. Good luck in your search.

Jeff

We need to get the KC zhp's together.... Can't let the guys on the coast have all the fun.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Don Adolfo
03-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Benvenuto alla famiglia Jeff.

Ryans323i
03-27-2013, 08:54 AM
"Hi Jeff" in affirmation of your intro statement.

We're all BMWaholics here, but that's not a negative!

Best of luck finding the right ZHP for you.

Mike V
03-27-2013, 11:22 PM
We need to get the KC zhp's together.... Can't let the guys on the coast have all the fun.

Would be good idea to coordinate that on the kcbmw site. I know of at least two ZHPers who read the local forum but aren't on here (and two others that have an account on here but don't post often). Additionally, there are two other ZHPers I know who aren't on either site, so let me know if you would like me to contact them if you decide on a date.

Welcome to the site, Jeff. If you want to meet up with some local BMW CCA guys, head out to Panera next Saturday (the 6th) at around 8:30 on Shawnee Mission Parkway, about a mile west of Baron. The club meets there every first Saturday of the month. You don't have to be a CCA member to attend the Panera breakfast, so don't think that the members try to be an elite group. :) I don't attend those often since I live in Sedalia, but I think I'm going this time so that I can deliver a set of wheels to another member.

Also check out www.kcbmwclub.com when you get a chance. There is a link to the discussion forum on there too. I'm one of the forum admins over there, so let me know if you would like an account. If interested (membership not required to post on there), PM me your desired username and email address (email address is so that the system can send you an activation email).

Mike V
03-27-2013, 11:28 PM

Imola Red? Really? Must be Individual?

Hermes
03-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Imola Red? Really? Must be Individual?

E36 M3 Imola Individual... extremely limited production

http://www.mym3.co.uk/images/DSC01025.JPG

midlandtech
03-28-2013, 03:58 AM
Would be good idea to coordinate that on the kcbmw site. I know of at least two ZHPers who read the local forum but aren't on here (and two others that have an account on here but don't post often). Additionally, there are two other ZHPers I know who aren't on either site, so let me know if you would like me to contact them if you decide on a date.

Welcome to the site, Jeff. If you want to meet up with some local BMW CCA guys, head out to Panera this Saturday at around 8:30 on Shawnee Mission Parkway, about a mile west of Baron. The club meets there every first Saturday of the month. You don't have to be a CCA member to attend the Panera breakfast, so don't think that the members try to be an elite group. :) I don't attend those often since I live in Sedalia, but I think I'm going this time so that I can deliver a set of wheels to another member.

Also check out www.kcbmwclub.com when you get a chance. There is a link to the discussion forum on there too. I'm one of the forum admins over there, so let me know if you would like an account. If interested (membership not required to post on there), PM me your desired username and email address (email address is so that the system can send you an activation email).

I may do that thanks Mike. I am guilty of not posting often over there

Mike V
03-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Correction to my earlier post - I said first Saturday Panera breakfast is this coming Saturday (tomorrow) but it's not April yet. Oops. It will be next Saturday, the 6th.

I edited the other post too, in case you're wondering wtf I'm talking about haha.

jgt_zhp
03-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Jeff:

Jeff

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the site, Jeff. If you want to meet up with some local BMW CCA guys, head out to Panera next Saturday (the 6th) at around 8:30 on Shawnee Mission Parkway, about a mile west of Baron. The club meets there every first Saturday of the month. You don't have to be a CCA member to attend the Panera breakfast, so don't think that the members try to be an elite group. :) I don't attend those often since I live in Sedalia, but I think I'm going this time so that I can deliver a set of wheels to another member.

Thanks, guys. I just moved down here from Omaha about 6 months ago. Really liking it, other than the part where the nice lady who convinced me to move down here swore it was "the tropics". Not so much, eh? Need to get involved in some of these local activities, hopefully in my new ZHP.

Jeff, you're not the same Jeff I bought my style 135 wheels from about 4 years ago, are you?

jgt_zhp
04-03-2013, 04:36 AM
Well, making it official. Sitting at the airport, waiting to fly out and pick up my new Imola Red baby. Looking forward to the 885 mile shakedown drive.

Torxuvin
04-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Well, making it official. Sitting at the airport, waiting to fly out and pick up my new Imola Red baby. Looking forward to the 885 mile shakedown drive.

Congrats and safe travels!

midlandtech
04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Sweet!

johnrando
04-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Update?

Torxuvin
04-06-2013, 03:35 AM
^ He posted a new thread

jgt_zhp
04-06-2013, 03:36 AM
Update?

Thanks for asking. Loving the car so far. Made a new thread about the sale, and drive home.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9447-Another-Euphoric-Newb-Sees-the-Light

midlandtech
04-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks for asking. Loving the car so far. Made a new thread about the sale, and drive home.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9447-Another-Euphoric-Newb-Sees-the-Light

We need to meet up and find a good road

jgt_zhp
04-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Sounds good. I'm planning on rejoining BMWCCA. Hope to find some time to get involved in some activities

DublDee
04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Congrats and Welcome!