PDA

View Full Version : Giant Sad Face

Junior2552
03-02-2013, 03:10 PM
So, I'm going to cut straight to the point of this. I'm just sharing my experience with my fellow ZHPers. I came home the other night and as I opened up the garage door, I saw the ZHP sitting there, so I passed with and smiled at it per my normal coming home routine. But as I moved around the passenger side toward the door to my house, I saw something terrible..

My passenger side mirror had been ripped off. Right at the hinge. Gone. I saw it hanging there by the wires; a small dent and come scuffing on my door from where it had ricocheted off of the body. Needless to say, I was bummed. Obviously, there was some type of explanation for this, as I hadn't moved the car in months. I walked around the car to see if there was any other damage, and alas...

The rear diffuser that I had JUST REPLACED was shattered into pieces, and there is a solid whack to the rear bumper...Facepalm...There are also several small scratches throughout the entire car. I walked inside pretty irate and found my dad (who I take care of due to medical issues). I asked him what happened, and of course.. He "didn't know..."

Bull.. I saw the look on his face, he was pretty scared. I calmly asked him what happened and he finally said it happened in a parking lot.

NO IT DIDN'T. I have the only key and it was on my keyring all day.

So here's the truth: He took one too many of his blood pressure meds, and tried to take the trash out. For anybody that lives in Ohio, you know that a lot of cities use those huge, green monstrosities of garbage cans that they provide for us. They look like mini-dumpsters. He fell walking passed my car, and that's when I lost the mirror. After pulling the trash cans..er...small dumpsters across the garage, he put one down, and when it sat back, it hit the bumper, shattering the diffuser. I'm not entirely sure where the scratches came from, but I'm going to request to have those panels repainted under insurance, because don't you worry, I claimed it as comprehensive damage :)

Moral of the story.. Uh, buy your ZHP a helmet?

Oli77
03-02-2013, 03:15 PM
What a bummer, I feel your pain, but it's hard to be mad at your dad. Poor guy was just taking the trash out.

Hope it all gets fixed soon.

Funny about catching him in the "happened in the parking lot" lie.

kayger12
03-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Only difference between my dad and your dad is that mine would have tried to fix the car with spray paint and duct tape.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3

Avetiso
03-02-2013, 04:01 PM
At least you get covered for it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Oli77
03-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Only difference between my dad and your dad is that mine would have tried to fix the car with spray paint and duct tape.

LOL Keith, you are funny, and I guess your dad is a character. We could start a "What's wrong with my parents" thread.

echo46
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
That's actually funny, KG.

Avetiso
03-02-2013, 04:08 PM
LOL Keith, you are funny, and I guess your dad is a character. We could start a "What's wrong with my parents" thread.

I don't think Dane or BCS_ZHP would approve.

Oli77
03-02-2013, 04:15 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xpadHP2LoUA/S24wVInaCCI/AAAAAAAAAq0/Qq2pMnWqOCM/S1600-R/original.jpg

Dane is a young whippersnapper still, so is Bruce and all the others (including me) that are close to 50 (and beyond).

kayger12
03-02-2013, 05:30 PM

:) Yeah, I could definitely fill a thread.

My dad is the guy who almost burned the house down by trying to refill and use a disposable candle lighter...

then tried to deny it while I was coughing due to the smoke...

then continued to deny it when I found the pile of molten plastic smoldering in the sink... and saw the burn marks on his hand...

then topped it off a week later by mounting a fire extinguisher in the kitchen...

directly above and behind the stove... where you'd have to reach through a wall of flames to access the extinguisher.

One. Of. A. Thousand. Stories.

:facepalm

End of thread jack.

danewilson77
03-02-2013, 05:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xpadHP2LoUA/S24wVInaCCI/AAAAAAAAAq0/Qq2pMnWqOCM/S1600-R/original.jpg

Dane is a young whippersnapper still..... .

Damn skippy.

Williamsburg, VA, Droid DNA, Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM

Even worse, my father in law tried to help my wife touch up the b-pillar trim on her old Lexus with artists' paint and a brush...

Srsly?!

BCS_ZHP
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Don't think I've been THAT dad yet, give me some more time and I'll see what I can do.

Preston & Brett know I have my yelling moments, if they're able to see through the raw emotion of the moment, there's always a life lesson in there, somewhere...

Oli77
03-02-2013, 08:21 PM
^ no Bruce we are talking about stories of your father.

Daddyoh
03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Aaahh, yesss, the raw emotion. Word...
(I have a Trevor and a Kaylor.)

Dave_B
03-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Wow, sucks to hear first off.

Fathers? Oh lord... we need a new thread for that.

Dave1027
03-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I let my GF drive the ZHP yesterday since I just got it back on the road after two weeks of being on jackstands. She came within two inches of backing into a concrete barrier just trying to pull out of the parking lot. To say the least, I went ballistic.

WOLFN8TR
03-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Wow that Really Sucks!
My Dad is never moving in with us!
:begging nono

webster
03-03-2013, 10:48 AM
damn, sorry to hear of this. as someone who's lost a side mirror in the past week as well, i know the feeling of going out to your car and having that "WTF" freakout moment. hope she heals quickly.

Whitexi
03-03-2013, 01:03 PM
That sucks but I know its a tuff situation. If my dad or mom did that to my car I would be livid but feel bad as im sure they would feel horrible.

That's exactly what my dad would have done, and or park he hurt side away from eyes view LMAO

fredo
03-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Junior 2552, sorry this happened to you. Do you think a car cover could avoid some of the damage ? I park in my garage, and have a car cover handy, just to feel safer.

Junior2552
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all the love, gents. I called insurance. The agent told me he believes it SHOULD be covered in comprehensive coverage. My reply was, "it better be :)." I spend good money to keep my stuff insured against theft, accidents, and inebriated parents. Fredo, I don't think the car cover would help in this case, and I do have one, but it was off for the week, and I couldn't tell you why. I think I went into my car to get something out that I left there before winter hit, and I left it off.

I suppose we'll find out who's going to pay for this: dad or insurance.

webster
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks for all the love, gents. I called insurance. The agent told me he believes it SHOULD be covered in comprehensive coverage. My reply was, "it better be :)." I spend good money to keep my stuff insured against theft, accidents, and inebriated parents. Fredo, I don't think the car cover would help in this case, and I do have one, but it was off for the week, and I couldn't tell you why. I think I went into my car to get something out that I left there before winter hit, and I left it off.

I suppose we'll find out who's going to pay for this: dad or insurance.

I'm not sure if you've already told them the "honest" story, but depending on how much you've disclosed, i would just claim vandalism. that was actually the case for my car, and today i actually called state farm and was assured it would be covered under comprehensive. unfortunately my $500 deductible counteracts most of the cost of the claim so it's not really worth filing, but depending on the extent of your damages, it's probably going to save you a decent amount of $.

Junior2552
03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Oh I told them the whole story because my agent seems skeptical. I was like listen. My dad was a little inebriated and over he went. This will go on his insurance, not mine. He said okay, and filed it for me. We'll see what happens!

Redrider2002
03-05-2013, 04:08 PM
What a bummer. Here I would've been criticized for not recycling, with the perp claiming it was my own #*%@ fault.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I think this is where the hail protector may have come in handy.

johnrando
03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Wow, rough story. Hail protector FTW. Just buy the new "dad protector" version, due out soon. Hope it all works out.

danewilson77
03-05-2013, 05:43 PM

:rofl

Junior2552
03-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Hahaha. Thanks, Marcus. I think you might be right. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. Maybe insurance will send me said hail protector to ensure the safety of my car....while in the garage. Haha