PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for leather pricing?

BCAN
02-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I may or may not have a lead on an alcantara interior for my car.. :)
I've been looking around and can't find any black leather interiors for sale to get an idea of what mine may be worth, do you guys have any idea what a black leather interior would be valued at? I know that price will vary depending on how badly the buyer wants it, but my estimate for price is around the ballpark of $800. Too much? Too little?

danewilson77
02-05-2013, 05:22 PM
I would say flawless....around $1500....then go down from there, commensurate to wear. I'm talking front and rear seats.

BCAN
02-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Okay. Well it's got 72000 miles on it, but it's still in good condition. Back seats are great, passenger seat is great too, and the driver's seat has some minor to moderate bolster wear where the seat belt has rubbed against it, and two scratches right next to the lever that adjusts the leg rest thing. So I'd say it's in pretty good condition for 72k, but not perfect. Yes, front and rear coupe seats.

az3579
02-05-2013, 05:54 PM
I see a non-sport set of front and rear seats for about $400. No door cards.
Another seat of non-sport front and rear: $630, this is obviously overpriced for non-sport seats
I see an E46 M3 front and rear seat set in excellent shape for $750

Dane, you might be interested:
Rear alcantara seats from sedan: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-99-05-323i-325i-328i-330i-4D-ZHP-black-rear-seat-w-headrests-alcantara-/251224958980?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7e2ca804&vxp=mtr

I see a pair of sport black leather fronts for $543 but that's in the UK. Stuff is more expensive there.

I estimate you'd get $650 for the set realistically. Black is the most common E46 interior so it doesn't command the premium that Natural Brown, for example, would have. This estimate is only based on seats; you didn't mention if you were swapping door cards (which you should). I'm thinking closer to $800-900 with door cards.

BCAN
02-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah, door cards too. Sorry for leaving that out.

brettbimmer
02-05-2013, 07:30 PM
May ask Jon (JupiterBMW) this one as he just went through finding one to save his Natural Brown.

JupiterBMW
02-05-2013, 09:43 PM
May ask Jon (JupiterBMW) this one as he just went through finding one to save his Natural Brown.

I heard my name... :ninja

Anyway, I paid $450 for less than perfect door cards and front/rear non sport seats. That also included the wood trim for the doors/dash/shifter. Of course this was a non enthusiast trying to part out a car. And by non perfect I mean one door airbag blown out.

Of course I was in a pinch as you all know. If you have heated, ZHP (sport) seats, then if say $800 is a good figure. But like has been said, black leather is the most common.

This all being said, I'm asking $800 for the alcantara stuff I have (sedan seats and door cards). So it's all relative. But like I've always said, something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I don't care how rare my natural brown interior is, if I couldn't sell it for $500, then clearly it's not worth that...

Ya dig? :biggrin

BCAN
02-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Got it. Thanks for the help guys!