PDA

View Full Version : Car help

MiniD
01-19-2013, 04:42 PM
I have been driving my car all day with no issues. I was on empty with about 20 miles to empty and went to BP to get gas. Filled up the car with premium gas and went to an ice cream place about a 1/5 mile away. No issue driving there. After I come out to leave, upon start up the car has a rough idle. I drove about 4 miles and the car feels like its laggy thru the RPM range. No leaks, smells, or engine lights on. Could it be bad gas? Need help!

kayger12
01-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Might have sucked some crap up into the fuel filter. How many miles on your current FF?

Could be the fuel pump on the way out as well.

3ZHP
01-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I've heard from others BP is the worst gas out there but, personally don't know because I only run the highly recommended Shell V Power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiniD
01-19-2013, 05:00 PM
I also had this happen recently in my M3 with gas from shell. Bad luck I guess!

az3579
01-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Check your gas cap to make sure it's tight. Now, on to the bad jokes...

I was on empty with about 20 miles to empty and went to BP to get gas.

I don't remember seeing you; are you sure you came to me for gas??

I've heard from others BP is the worst gas out there but, personally don't know because I only run the highly recommended Shell V Power.

Gee thanks, don't have much faith in me do you? :shifty

sketchyd
01-20-2013, 09:27 AM
could have flooded, extremely short run times can do that. hold RPMs up for a minute or so to see if it smooths out. ("smooths" doesn't look right to me, but FF says so).

echo46
01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Agree with above, you might have sucked some dirt from the bottom of the tank into the fuel lines or fuel filter. See how it runs today, if still balky I would start with the filter, then go to the lines then fuel pump.

midlandtech
01-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Agree with above, you might have sucked some dirt from the bottom of the tank into the fuel lines or fuel filter. See how it runs today, if still balky I would start with the filter, then go to the lines then fuel pump.

+1

~Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayjay_dee
01-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Check your gas cap to make sure it's tight. Now, on to the bad jokes...

I don't remember seeing you; are you sure you came to me for gas??

Gee thanks, don't have much faith in me do you? :shifty

nothing to add, but BP, lol...

JupiterBMW
01-21-2013, 09:38 AM
I was told that the fuel pump is lubricated by the fuel, so to try not to let the car go below 1/4 tank... I haven't gone below that since. But yes, I would suspect perhaps some crap got in the lines, perhaps plugged up the filter.

Filter first, it's cheap and easy. Always start with cheap and easy.

Good luck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2... Oooh snazzy!

MiniD
01-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Car is ok now. Was a weird couple of hours. Thanks guys