PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Palm Beach County, FL

Dathaeus
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey guys! I am thrilled to be here finally.. I was in the market for a new car to replace my trusty old '97 328i and as I did more research, the ZHP kept popping up... yes there were some haters who stated the ZHP is nothing special, just get a 330i and you'll be happy... but that didnt fit right with me, so one day, a beautiful 2003 ZHP fell on my lap right in my area, like a godsend, and I jumped on it!

I am looking forward to chatting with like minded enthusiasts here about upgrades and fixes for my new ride, and also going to see if I can get people together to rent out half a day at the beautiful road track in Palm Beach Raceway (old Moroso).. that would be sweet.

Happy New Year!

P.S. The rest of my pics:
http://min.us/mxAqEwf42W66l

Marcus-SanDiego
01-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Welcome.

Torxuvin
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Cool. Welcome. Post up some pics

danewilson77
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Welcome!

elric
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the family!!

imola red zhp
01-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Welcome!!

Sent from dennis' iPad using Tapatalk HD

Crickett
01-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Welcome! So glad to see another ZHP convert!

Now, pics. :shifty

Ryans323i
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome. We're definitely going to need pics! Look to your local BMW CCA chapter for fellow track rats. If you're not a member, look into it and test the waters by attending a monthly meet. It's a great club with great like minded individuals.

johnrando
01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Welcome. Enjoy your "not special" ride, and pics please!

Check out Post #1:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?983-Nough-Said-My-BMW-330-ZHP-Is-Not-Special-%28a-video-by-Kayger12%29

kayger12
01-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Welcome.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3

ryankokesh
01-04-2013, 01:06 PM
'Sup yo

Welcome to our little corner of the Interwebs :)

cakM3
01-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Welcome...

imola red zhp
01-04-2013, 01:26 PM

sent from Dennis' Personal Electronic Device

Oli77
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
^ that's good.

Welcome.

328ioc
01-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Welcome. I think we talked a little through one of the other forums.....sorry I couldn't look at that one car for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mtnman
01-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the fold. You will like it here.

Jon D
01-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Welcome to another SFL Mafia member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JupiterBMW
01-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Palm Beach County... Whoa, what?? Where you at homie? I'm up North a bit, in Jupiter... Lets meet up!

Anyway, welcome to the crowd, great to have another local Mafia member! You don't by chance drive a black sedan with angel eyes do you? If so, I saw you...

echo46
01-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Welcome aboard. Let me tell you something, I fell into the not so special trap. In 2006, I was looking for a new e46 and read a lot about the ZHP. The people over at e46fan convinced me just to get a generic 330i and not to waste the extra on the vaunted ZHP. Well, my old 330i was great but every time I got in I felt as though I was missing something. Got so bad that I sold the 330i, found my badass ZHP and can't tell you how happy I am. You did good.

madman23
01-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the forum.

sent from Dennis' Personal Electronic Device

Oh thats just epic!! hahaha

Dathaeus
01-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys! I love the love here for the love of the members and cars... I feel at home already.................. :)
I am looking into the BMW CCA as others have told me... when I get time after this busy season in FL...

Also, I have a pic in my sig, but I was figuring it takes some time for a noob's account to show their sig? I dont understand why its not showing, did I set something wrong? Any other forum I do the exact same and it comes right up, I dont understand.

P.S.
LOL, where, there I am!

Dathaeus
01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Welcome. I think we talked a little through one of the other forums.....sorry I couldn't look at that one car for you.

Np, I think this one turned out a LOT better than anything else I could have hoped, so it all worked out.

Palm Beach County... Whoa, what?? Where you at homie? I'm up North a bit, in Jupiter... Lets meet up!

Anyway, welcome to the crowd, great to have another local Mafia member! You don't by chance drive a black sedan with angel eyes do you? If so, I saw you...

LOL, I'm in PGA National, u? Nope, u can see it now, silver, no angel eyes, jus xenon. I assume u'll be one of those people in for PB Raceway?

Crickett
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey, nice sig! Is that AW or TiAg? And great to see another soldier in the Amber Army! :roundel

Dathaeus
01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Oh man, looking at your sig, I think I'll have to revamp mine!!! I'll be right back with something else, haha...

dang u know, I'm not sure... to my eyes the silver looks pretty light so prob tiag? I think AW is much darker no?

Crickett
01-05-2013, 01:03 PM
LOL; I thought it was TiAg, but "AW" = "Alpine White". So no, AW is not much darker!

Dathaeus
01-05-2013, 01:08 PM
LOL yes I think you are right.. I thought I read somewhere that AW was another gray color but I guess I confused that with the darker space gray. Not sure why people think tiag is so boring.. I know its a common color but its beautiful, classy, clean, and frankly, I DONT want me car to stand out that much in every day driving the way I drive... keep it low key. I like razzle dazzle under the hood, not outside "look at me" thing.. silent and deadly. If this were only my track car, then I would supe up the design and put some more money in. Anyways I would rather make my car look more unique with my own enhancements then just having a "less common" color, IMHO.

And I think my sig is a bit more presentable now lol.... all comments welcome!

JupiterBMW
01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Ahhhh welcome again. PGA national, eh? Sweet! I'm just north of Donald Ross Rd. we will definitely have to get together soon. I will hopefully have my hands on the next ZHP very soon.

Hit me up man, lets get together.

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

328ioc
01-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Np, I think this one turned out a LOT better than anything else I could have hoped, so it all worked out.

Great I am glad you like it. Hope to meet up with you the next time I am down at Jon's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dathaeus
01-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Ahhhh welcome again. PGA national, eh? Sweet! I'm just north of Donald Ross Rd. we will definitely have to get together soon. I will hopefully have my hands on the next ZHP very soon.

Hit me up man, lets get together.

Ya fo' sho'! What else do u do, recreationally...

Great I am glad you like it. Hope to meet up with you the next time I am down at Jon's.

Ya let me know, I still wanna get people together for some track time, maybe we can collaborate all at the same time and have a blast.

johnrando
01-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Great sig pic!

JupiterBMW
01-06-2013, 05:17 AM
Ya fo' sho'! What else do u do, recreationally...

Well, I've got a house and an 8 month old baby girl... What exactly is recreation?? :rofl

No, seriously, I do own a set of golf clubs that I have actually used once or twice, and I'm a member of the Jupiter Hard Exercise Works, so I'm working out 6 days a week now. Aside from that, working on house projects, playing with the cars in the garage, and spending time with my wife and baby... I'm a merchant marine (sailor) so I'm gone 2 months at a time (I work 6 months a year)... So, when I'm gone, I'm gone, but when I'm home, I'm just hanging out doing whatever... In other words, lots of time to hang out, work on cars, whatever. I do have a great garage and tons of tools if you ever need any help with anything on your car... My cell # is 561-758-2532... Text me if you want to get together and hang out for a bit.

Oh, and agreed, awesome sig pic!

danewilson77
01-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Joop. Get rid of phone number here and just direct him to members only thread. This serves a couple of different purposes.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Dathaeus
01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Great sig pic!

Thanks guys! My first sig was an embarassment compared to some others so I decided to make it a little better....

Well, I've got a house and an 8 month old baby girl... What exactly is recreation?? :rofl

No, seriously, I do own a set of golf clubs that I have actually used once or twice, and I'm a member of the Jupiter Hard Exercise Works, so I'm working out 6 days a week now. Aside from that, working on house projects, playing with the cars in the garage, and spending time with my wife and baby... I'm a merchant marine (sailor) so I'm gone 2 months at a time (I work 6 months a year)... So, when I'm gone, I'm gone, but when I'm home, I'm just hanging out doing whatever... In other words, lots of time to hang out, work on cars, whatever. I do have a great garage and tons of tools if you ever need any help with anything on your car...

Haha ya if we only had clones to play and another to take care of the laborious stuff..... if u like golf or want to learn it properly, we can trade services, lol... we can work on my car at your garage, and you can come to my resort and play golf anytime u want, and hit all the practice balls u want, etc.... but I do need some stuff done, nothing totally urgent but a lot of annoying things so let me know!