PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel not straight

Avetiso
12-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Left side of my steering wheel is closer to my cluster than my right side. My crash was NOWHERE near hard enough to do that. What gives? This an e46 issue?

Lespaulman16
12-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Did the airbag blow?

Sent from an over-glorified pager

kayger12
12-19-2012, 06:05 PM
^We've actually been down this road before a while back.

The E46 steering wheel has a slight cant to it. We've measured to confirm.

Left side of the wheel is indeed a little further away from your chest than the right side.

No worries-- not from the crash.

Avetiso
12-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the info ! I was worried. No airbag was fine.

Sent from the grave. They have Wi-Fi down here.

Mtnman
12-19-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1066-New-member-owner-Orange-County-CA-2003-BMW-Imola-Red-Rogue-ZHP/page7&highlight=Steering+wheel+straight

This is what keith is talking about. Besides the fact that this thread is the infamous rogue zhp with an m engine inside, go to page 7 or 8 and you will see where terry gets his car and then notices this anamoly. Good reead for all you new guys too! But be warned. Jealousy will be immediate and permanent.

And someone test that link and make sure it works. The ipad does weird crap sometimes....

kayger12
12-19-2012, 06:35 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1066-New-member-owner-Orange-County-CA-2003-BMW-Imola-Red-Rogue-ZHP/page7&highlight=Steering+wheel+straight

This is what keith is talking about. Besides the fact that this thread is the infamous rogue zhp with an m engine inside, go to page 7 or 8 and you will see where terry gets his car and then notices this anamoly. Good reead for all you new guys too! But be warned. Jealousy will be immediate and permanent.

And someone test that link and make sure it works. The ipad does weird crap sometimes....

Perfect link. Thanks, brother.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3

johnrando
12-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Yup, the first time I met Marc (boss man), Terry, Kevin, Albert, was at the first ever SoCal Mafia meet and that was one of the first things we talked about and did some comparisons, lol.