PDA

View Full Version : Wheel wrap options

BimmerWill
12-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I know several people including Dane who have bought wheel rewraps for their car. Since mine is not a zhp im not looking into alacantra. Was just curious if anyone has any recommendations on a quality replacement. I've looked into wheelskins before and was just curious what anyones experience with them have been. Also curious about the perforated leather option or if I would be better off sticking to just the normal.
Thanks fellas

Here's a link to their website.
http://www.wheelskins.com/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

danewilson77
12-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I love mu Euro Perf wheelskin.

Cobywheel is the way to go if you have the money and time. I did not...but was satisfied.

BimmerWill
12-06-2012, 01:43 PM
I love mu Euro Perf wheelskin.

Cobywheel is the way to go if you have the money and time. I did not...but was satisfied.

It doesn't look like coby carries leather just alcantara.

As far as wheel skins im hesitant to get two tone so I was just going to get a standard black.

Is the look of the leather mostly the benefit with perforated or is it supposed to enhance grip?

johnrando
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Someone posted a redo leather wheel they got off ebay, it's a leather tri-stitch beauty, but it's around $300 for the whole wheel, not just a re-wrap.

danewilson77
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Naaa....just aesthetics. I think it looks sportier.

Colby = No Alcantara.

BimmerWill
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah I can't afford 300 bones...im thinking the wheel skins is looking like the best option...should I measure the wheel myself or are they pretty spot on as far as how big it needs to be with diameter?

danewilson77
12-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah I can't afford 300 bones...im thinking the wheel skins is looking like the best option...should I measure the wheel myself or are they pretty spot on as far as how big it needs to be with diameter?

I had to measure mine because its an ///M3 wheel. I don't think you have to for regular wheel.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

webster
12-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Naaa....just aesthetics. I think it looks sportier.

The perforated portion of the leather wheel is actually quite a bit grippier than the non-perf section. FYI

BimmerWill
12-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I think the standard one will do just fine.

Also going to go ahead and recondition my leather.
http://www.autogeek.net/le32ozkit.html
Ive heard good things about the leatherique product so i'm going to give it a shot. Does this look about the best price and quantity ill need? My seats are pretty bad but hopefully not beyond restoration. I cant afford another 16 oz bottle of both of them so im hoping these two will be enough.

edit: looks like the kit is cheaper here including shipping with a promo code
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/leatherique-kit-32oz.html

das boots
12-06-2012, 06:29 PM
These are Wheelskinz cross lace wrap right after install before the leather molds around the wheel and eliminate the wrinkles.

BimmerWill
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Ugh now i cant decide perforated or not lol

Marcus-SanDiego
12-07-2012, 06:37 PM
An don't forget that autogeek is an affiliate advertiser on our site. Use the link and we get a commission.

Sent from my ZHPMafia.com iPhone

BimmerWill
12-07-2012, 07:06 PM
An don't forget that autogeek is an affiliate advertiser on our site. Use the link and we get a commission.

Sent from my ZHPMafia.com iPhone

Where are these links found at?

danewilson77
12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Where are these links found at?

Click the affiliate links at the top of the page and it will take you to the page.

BimmerWill
12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Click the affiliate links at the top of the page and it will take you to the page.

Got it thank you sir

az3579
12-08-2012, 06:30 AM
These are Wheelskinz cross lace wrap right after install before the leather molds around the wheel and eliminate the wrinkles.

How long does it take for the leather to mold?

das boots
12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
How long does it take for the leather to mold?

A few days after rubbing with leather conditioner....a little sun's heat would help.