PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side mirror reverse tilt malfunction, any ideas?

carsontl
11-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Hey guys,

My side mirror tilt when I reverse seems to be messing up. When I throw it in reverse the mirror tilts down to the ground as intended. When I take the car out of reverse it does not restore the mirror back to where it was.

I can then move the mirror controls and reposition the mirror back where it should be.

I have taken to just leaving the switch in the passenger position just to keep the mirror from swiveling down and getting stuck.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Jlastor
11-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Mine does the same sometimes.

nike001
11-02-2012, 06:18 AM
I mentioned it before as well; derbo told me it's the motor in the drivers side mirror IIRC. I haven't really went after it to fix it since I rarely adjust my mirrors and they work sometimes anyways so...

carsontl
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM
I mentioned it before as well; derbo told me it's the motor in the drivers side mirror IIRC. I haven't really went after it to fix it since I rarely adjust my mirrors and they work sometimes anyways so...

do you mean the motor in the passenger side?

so the only solution is replacement of the side mirror motor?

nike001
11-02-2012, 07:46 AM
No, I think I remember him saying that the one on the drivers side controls the one on the passenger side as well. But I could be completely wrong and not remembering his information right.

Paging derbo!

carsontl
11-02-2012, 08:03 AM
No, I think I remember him saying that the one on the drivers side controls the one on the passenger side as well. But I could be completely wrong and not remembering his information right.

Paging derbo!

whoa interesting...

Jesse M
11-02-2012, 08:25 AM

Paging derbo!

How is that even possible