PDA

View Full Version : Shark tune?

KevinC
10-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Trying to decide if I want to spring for a Shark Injector. I've had my car since May, now at 56k miles, and poured a crapload of money into it since buying it, including full Inspection II, all-new suspension, Pilot Super Sports, B- & C-pillars, and more. But I still have the 4k hesitation and it's driving me bat-shit crazy, especially immediately after driving my S54-equipped M Coupe, which does nothing but scream through the upper rev range towards its 8k RPM redline with impunity.

My car has been reflashed in 2007, as per an emissions recall. I've read a ton of stuff trying to figure out if that should have been the "last" update that should have cured the hesitation, but it's hard to tell from all the conflicting information floating around out there. So then I stumbled into the Shark tune option. I've read a few blurbs claiming it cured the problem. Does anyone here have direct experience and any advice to share?

webster
10-06-2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?4467-So-tell-me-more-about-the-Conforti-Shark-Injector

my ZHP is sharked and i love it. that thread discusses my install issues as well as post-install feedback. the shark tune really improves throttle delivery on the low-end. coupled w/ Dr Vanos and the GAS gold disa, my engine feels amazing compared to when i bought it.

Have you replaced/upgraded your DISA? i got the German Auto Solutions Gold DISA kit and the difference it made was impressive. completely cured the power ~4k power dip.

KevinC
10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Ah, good to hear, and I'll check that thread out shortly. I have the GAS Disa Gold and a Dr Vanos replacement, added since buying the car. Sounds like I'm another perfect candidate to get sharked.

WOLFN8TR
10-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Found the GAS Gold DISA on eBay, check it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160873594764

danewilson77
10-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Lol....someone trolling. It's $312 shipped from their site.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

WOLFN8TR
10-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Lol....someone trolling. It's $312 shipped from their site.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

No Sheet, oops. That's really not a deal then. First time I seen them on eBay.

UdubBadger
10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
$299 is a better price ;)