PDA

View Full Version : Rules For Your Car?

kakashi169
07-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Do you guys have any rules for passengers??

Mine is obviously no food or drinks and smoking. Thats a nono. Haha

M0nk3y
07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I dont think you want to know all the rules i have

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

cakM3
07-13-2012, 10:02 AM
OP see this to get an idea :thumbsup

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5185-Seat-Backs-and-Tray-Tables-The-ZHP-Pre-Flight-Briefing-Video (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5185-Seat-Backs-and-Tray-Tables-The-ZHP-Pre-Flight-Briefing-Video)

Meric
07-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Nice topic.

No back seat ride unless it's an emergency or other situations.
No smoking.
Only I will drive
No messing around like putting foot on the dash.
No loud talking.
Do not touch the radio/iPod.
That's all I remember ATM.

Ryans323i
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
My Kyle will laugh at this, Don't use the door arm rest.

I believe we have a thread like this floating around somewhere, but it's always a fun topic. We all are usually pretty OCD about our cars.

cakM3
07-13-2012, 10:44 AM
see link provided...:)

johnrando
07-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Yup, definitely been discussed. Keith's video sums it up... you slam, we die. My kids know exactly what to do and what not to do. :)

EDIT: I should add, no smoking within 10 yards of my car, lol.

danewilson77
07-13-2012, 10:49 AM
My rules will come in installments.

#1 Never ever ask to roll down the rear windows. Do not attempt to roll them down, ever, under any circumstance.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Blaster3500
07-13-2012, 11:00 AM
The ones that come to mind for me:
-Buckle up
-No smoking
-No feet on the dash (this one really drives me crazy when I see footprints on peoples windshields

kakashi169
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
My rules will come in installments.

#1 Never ever ask to roll down the rear windows. Do not attempt to roll them down, ever, under any circumstance.

haha me too! i never let anyone roll down my rear windows...i lock it always lol

Meric
07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Can i ask why no roll down rear windows? Maybe im missing something.. :D

Whitexi
07-13-2012, 11:57 AM
I hate the slamming door but thats a loosing battle it seems.

az3579
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
I hate the slamming door but thats a loosing battle it seems.

You can't close the door of an E46 without slamming it. What may not seem like slamming to you definitely is slamming compared to most other cars.

danewilson77
07-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Can i ask why no roll down rear windows? Maybe im missing something.. :D

If you never roll down the rear windows, the regulators will never break. Yes...you missed it.

#2 Stay with me Meric. If you touch the sunroof button when riding with me, your fingers will be broken. It'll happen so fast you won't even realize it :ninja

Hornung418
07-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Rear window button delete in the rear seats, Dane?

Horney...via TT.

Beau B
07-13-2012, 01:18 PM
The ones that come to mind for me:
-Buckle up
-No smoking
-No feet on the dash (this one really drives me crazy when I see footprints on peoples windshields

This pretty much sums it up for my car as well..

kakashi169
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
well with the exception of allowing family members to roll down my windows...the worst is my sister....coming in with a legit glass bowl of oatmeal....cus shes late for work and needs to eat

zhpnsnv
07-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I wrote a whole column on this exact topic. Let me check around my comp to see if I can find it. You'd think all of those files would be in one spot, but that would make too much sense.

cakM3
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Also, I hate it when people are careless when taking off their seatbelts and let the buckle swing into the cube trim. I also don't like people touching my silver cube trim....

JupiterBMW
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Wow, you guys must not have wives or kids. I only have one 'rule' that I tell my wife about, and of course, she doesn't really follow it.

1. Don't adjust the HVAC vents... That drives me insane... Of course, my wife always does it.

Of course, I don't like the doors slammed, and nobody better put feet on the dash in ANY car. Not only disgusting, its unsafe too. As for food and drink, well, I drink and eat in the car often. Starbucks, the occasional snack, etc... And I'm sure once the baby grows a bit more, it'll only get worse...

Here's the detailing! :rofl

NorCalZman
07-13-2012, 03:15 PM
ugh, my other half slams the door. or at least it feels like it when I am sitting in the car and he gets in. I need to man up and just say something.

otherwise yeah no eating full on meals in the car. no smoking, blah blah. Vents are fine. geez Jon, picky bitch. :P. If I ever ride in your car I am gonna position the vents to make a tornado in it! haha, j/k And goodluck getting everywhere little toddler fingers can push things :(

Crestwood1001
07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
My other half gets in my car and rolls all the windows up except the drivers side, because it "messes up her hair" I told her to stop ONCE and she took my head off lol. That pisses me off so bad, I HATE driving with the windows up

danewilson77
07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Double dip.

#3 Do not operate the convenience lighting unless under specific advisement of the driver.

#4 Do not aimlessly rummaged through the compartments looking in them. If you wanna know where something is, just ask the driver.

kakashi169
07-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Also, I hate it when people are careless when taking off their seatbelts and let the buckle swing into the cube trim. I also don't like people touching my silver cube trim....

OMG me too, no matter how many times i tell my friends and family not to touch the trim it still gets touched!!!

My other half gets in my car and rolls all the windows up except the drivers side, because it "messes up her hair" I told her to stop ONCE and she took my head off lol. That pisses me off so bad, I HATE driving with the windows up

haha...i always roll down my gfs window...but she kills me for it cus of her hair also

Newjack
07-13-2012, 05:52 PM
I can't stand it when people get in my car and decide to knee strike my bimmain phone mount off the metal bracket.

mLuMaN83
07-13-2012, 06:03 PM
- Do not slam the door
- Do not slam trunk
- Do not drink any beverage that does not have a screw on lid
- Do not eat or open the contents of any food that crumbles or flakes
- Close the door with your hand on the door and NOT the window
- Do not adjust any vents other than your own 2
- Do not touch the radio volume
- Do not change music tracks, unless you have utilized permission with the operator prior to doing so
- Do not touch the interior window or windshield with your hand
- Do not touch any wood trim
- If closing the trunk, please use allotted indented handles on the interior of the trunk lid. Do NOT use the top exterior of the trunk to close.
- Do not open or close windows unless permission is asked by the operator of the vehicle prior to doing so
- Do not rub your hands in a stroking back and forth motion all over everything in the interior while saying "This is niiiice"
- Do not rummage through interior compartments of any kind unless you have utilized permission with the operator prior to doing so.
- No smoking

*Operator of this motor vehicle only include persons by the name of mLuMaN83 or otherwise known as "Mike". Operator(s) of this motor vehicle are exempt from any rule, statement, or opinion stated above by law of "I own this fucking car so I do whatever the hell I want and you can shut the hell up or get the fuck out". All these rights are reserved by the operator under all circumstances. Certain member(s) of "ZHP Mafia" may be excluded under contract agreement with the operator. Under no circumstances in the information stated above exempt any member of "E46 Fanatics" or "Bimmerforums" at any time. The operator will not negotiate an exclusion contract from "E46 Fanatics" or "Bimmerforums" under any circumstance. Even if "she" is stated as being "hot".*

JupiterBMW
07-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Do not slam the door
Do not slam trunk
No drink any beverage that does not have a screw on lid
Do not eat or open the contents of any food that crumbles or flakes
Close the door with your hand on the door and NOT the window
Do not adjust any vents other than your own 2
Do not touch the radio volume
Do not change music tracks, unless you have utilized permission with the operator prior to doing so
Do not touch the interior window or windshield with your hand
If closing the trunk, please use allotted indented handles on the interior of the trunk lid. Do NOT use the top exterior of the trunk to close.
Do not open or close windows unless permission is asked by the operator of the vehicle prior to doing so
Do not rub your hands in a stroking back and forth motion all over everything in the interior while saying "This is niiiice"
Do not rummage through interior compartments of any kind unless you have utilized permission with the operator prior to doing so.
No smoking

OMFG I am gonna piss myself laughing... I could only imagine hearing you quote these rules to people as they get in your car. :rofl

And Dane, you too... The rules crack me up! Heck, I'm pretty much OCD/a perfectionist and I'd be nervous to ride in your car!

Hermes
07-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Besides what have already been named...

Make sure your shoes are clean before you get in my car

---

I also agree with the rear window thing despite 2dr, I don't like them cracked open. The only time the are open it better be over 90 and I'm parked just so my black leather interior isn't infinity billion degrees when I get back in

danewilson77
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
#5 Do not touch, look at, or breath on my shadowline trim.

cakM3
07-13-2012, 07:00 PM

[SIZE="1"]*Operator of this motor vehicle only include persons by the name of mLuMaN83 or otherwise known as "Mike". Operator(s) of this motor vehicle are exempt from any rule, statement, or opinion stated above by law of "I own this fucking car so I do whatever the hell I want and you can shut the hell up or get the fuck out". All these rights are reserved by the operator under all circumstances. Certain member(s) of "ZHP Mafia" may be excluded under contract agreement with the operator. Under no circumstances in the information stated above exempt any member of "E46 Fanatics" or "Bimmerforums" at any time. The operator will not negotiate an exclusion contract from "E46 Fanatics" or "Bimmerforums" under any circumstance. Even if "she" is stated as being "hot".*

Mike,

I hope you don't mind but I will have to use this non-disclosure statement for my passengers :biggrin

Reading this really had me rolling! I think I will have to make place cards out of this so I can pass them to my passengers when they get in ;)

Of course I will have to substitute my name in your place :biggrin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mLuMaN83
07-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Not a problem! As stated in the above contract, members of "ZHP Mafia" may be excluded from any information stated above by contract agreement.

I will go ahead and have my lawyers send you over an Exclusion Contract. Just sign and you are all good my friend. We would like to have this back by Monday to insure that not only myself, but you get this all excluded. It will be a win win for not only you, but also for your passengers.

I actually think I m going to print up cover letters with passenger signature space at the bottom of this. Just pull it out of the glove box before we go, pull out a pen, and say "please review this following information. When you agree, please sign and date at the bottom and we will be on our way.

lol

HokieZHP
07-13-2012, 07:25 PM
I have quite a few
-I will NEVER DD in my car, ever......ever.
-you can't borrow my car to DD, ever.....ever
-No open drinks or drinks with straws.
-No food except for me
-No dirty hands. I have purell in the glovebox
-Knock your shoes off before getting in if you have dirt on them.
-NEVER set anything on the top of my car.
-Don't lean or touch my paint or I'll give you a MF towel and some quick detailer from my trunk and you'll wipe where you touched.
-Don't touch the windows or close the door my the window
-Don't slam the door
-Don't ask to drive it...

And yes I do have a Bimmer BAN list and if you get on it you're not allowed in my car. Right now there are 4 people on that list

there's a few of my rules haha

kakashi169
07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
damn some people are serious about rules...lol..thankfully i dun give a lot of my friends ridesss

GMATT
07-14-2012, 04:00 AM
My rules are simple! (and you WILL abide by them!)
If you get in my car, please get in like you are wearing a mini skirt and don't want to flash everyone!
Don't touch ANYTHING
If you are cold/hot, tell me and I will adjust temp.
No food or beverage .
No applying of makeup lip stick or combing your hair.
Sit down and be quiet.
all doors are opened and closed with the DOOR HANDLE ONLY (this one pisses me off bad, windows are not door handles!)

Enjoy the ride.:)

rikdee
07-14-2012, 06:59 AM
When exiting the car and closing the passenger door behind you, do not place your greasy fingers on the exterior B pillar trim to close the door. Use the door handle!

nike001
07-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I have a couple.. but nothing too out of the ordinary

-Don't slam doors
-Don't touch windows
-Knock off feet if dirty
-Sit like a normal human being
-If I trust you, you're permitted a drink but it must have a cap (ex. Gatorade)
-don't don't DON'T DON'T lean on my paint

BRGcoopahS
07-14-2012, 11:00 AM
no smoking in my car
no cramming people in my useless back seats
never turn on my radio. its either the music on my phone, your music if it is actually good, or no music at all. The radio blows
do not leave my car with the front seats forward. its bad luck to me.

cakM3
07-14-2012, 11:18 AM
I have quite a few
-I will NEVER DD in my car, ever......ever.
-you can't borrow my car to DD, ever.....ever
-No open drinks or drinks with straws.
-No food except for me
-No dirty hands. I have purell in the glovebox
-Knock your shoes off before getting in if you have dirt on them.
-NEVER set anything on the top of my car.
-Don't lean or touch my paint or I'll give you a MF towel and some quick detailer from my trunk and you'll wipe where you touched.
-Don't touch the windows or close the door my the window
-Don't slam the door
-Don't ask to drive it...

And yes I do have a Bimmer BAN list and if you get on it you're not allowed in my car. Right now there are 4 people on that list

there's a few of my rules haha

Funny you mention your Bimmer BAN list Chris because I have one but split into Part A: banned for life, and Part B: permanently banned from ever driving her...

I have one on each...it doesn't matter if I'm the only one who can give a ride... If that person finds themselves on my A-list... it sucks to be them....

If a person finds themselves on this list when I'm driving my ZHP, for example, the list also applies to my ///M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

az3579
07-14-2012, 01:33 PM
My only rule is:
Get in, sit down, SHUT UP, and hang on tight.

HokieZHP
07-14-2012, 01:53 PM
My only rule is:
Get in, sit down, SHUT UP, and hang on tight.

I have a bumper sticker that says this haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakashi169
07-14-2012, 01:53 PM
nice rule...im surprised no one shouted out the rule..

"gas or ass"
lol

cakM3
07-14-2012, 01:54 PM

"gas or ass"
lol

You just did
http://img.tapatalk.com/60ee37a7-eb10-9e8e.jpg

zhpnsnv
07-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Gary has another rule: if you're driving his zhp, get on it!!!!

BRGcoopahS
07-14-2012, 05:51 PM

"gas or ass"
lol

That would be the only time I would ever get upset receiving gas money.

danewilson77
07-14-2012, 05:55 PM
#6 Do not leave my boot lid open, should you need to borrow a tool for my bag. With this, only shut boot lid using index finger on license plate.

Newjack
07-14-2012, 06:02 PM
#6 Do not leave my boot lid open, should you need to borrow a tool for my bag. With this, only shut boot lid using index finger on license plate.

I'm a fan of shutting my trunk lid by grabbing the fabric insert handle and pulling down. Even if you try to slam the trunk, your hand is at the perfect angle so it makes it very difficult to slam, often resulting in a perfectly smooth and easy trunk close. No paint touching necessary!

HokieZHP
07-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm a fan of shutting my trunk lid by grabbing the fabric insert handle and pulling down. Even if you try to slam the trunk, your hand is at the perfect angle so it makes it very difficult to slam, often resulting in a perfectly smooth and easy trunk close. No paint touching necessary!

This is how I do it as well. Works well

Johnmadd
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM

Haha, everytime ive used your tools at your crib and am finishedi always turn around and ask "is this the right spot" to you or Walker or Justin, lol.

Hornung418
07-14-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't have a grab handle in my trunk :(

Horney...via TT.

M3TA5IN
07-14-2012, 08:16 PM
No eating in the car

And if you drive it, don't be a sissy.

UdubBadger
07-15-2012, 07:23 AM
No eating in mine either - cept for me when I'm alone and road tripping.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

UdubBadger
07-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Also the "Don't you ever touch a black man's radio" rule applies while in my ZHP.

http://img.tapatalk.com/a693689e-e120-178c.jpg

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

midlandtech
07-15-2012, 07:34 AM
All of mine have been mentioned with the exception of
If you change the temp setting on the HVAC system your final number must be divisible by 2 or 5, no odd number allowed.... Yes I know I'm wierd

~Steve

danewilson77
07-15-2012, 08:24 AM
If you change the temp setting on the HVAC system your final number must be divisible by 2 or 5, no odd number allowed.... Yes I know I'm wierd

~Steve

Mine is always set to 69.

midlandtech
07-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Mine is always set to 69.

I couldn't handle that

~Steve

danewilson77
07-15-2012, 09:20 AM
I couldn't handle that

~Steve

Oops. Meant 59.

midlandtech
07-15-2012, 10:26 AM
It would take everything in me to not nudge it to 60 which is where my car sits

~Steve

UdubBadger
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM

~Steve

Not weird. There have been studies that show that the human brain just works in those kinds of odd little ways in regards to numbers a lot of times.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

HokieZHP
07-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I do that stuff too. Has to be an even # or a multiple of 5 or a number with some weird significance to me.

kakashi169
07-15-2012, 01:32 PM
i always want mine to be a prime number lol

Hermes
07-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm with Dane @ 59, but I rarely turn mine on at all. Usually its only on to defog the windows

Hornung418
07-15-2012, 02:18 PM
I like my A/C set at 70-74.

Horney...via TT.

danewilson77
07-15-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm with Dane @ 59, but I rarely turn mine on at all. Usually its only on to defog the windows

Mine is rarely off.

midlandtech
07-15-2012, 04:21 PM

Wish that was the case for me... I just got done waiting until it had cooled off to a brisk 99 degrees before I mowed the brown piece of scorched earth which used to be my yard

~Steve

llll1l1ll
07-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Seatbelts on or we don't go anywhere.

No food unless we just have no choice. Small snacks are acceptable on long road trips, but I will be eying your crumbs the whole ride and will probably ask you pick them up.

Any drinks must be kept with the lid on in the cupholder. If the drink has a resealable top, you may stow it elsewhere.

Please do not roll down the window when the a/c is on.

Please do not turn the music up loud. Unless it's a Rush song.

Leave the car like you found it. In other words, pick up your belongings and trash (in some cases, that's the same thing).

Don't touch the paint or otherwise lean exposed skin on the car.

Don't sit on the car. You sit in the car.

johnrando
07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Seatbelts on or we don't go anywhere.

No food unless we just have no choice. Small snacks are acceptable on long road trips, but I will be eying your crumbs the whole ride and will probably ask you pick them up.

Any drinks must be kept with the lid on in the cupholder. If the drink has a resealable top, you may stow it elsewhere.

Please do not roll down the window when the a/c is on.

Please do not turn the music up loud. Unless it's a Rush song.

Leave the car like you found it. In other words, pick up your belongings and trash (in some cases, that's the same thing).

Don't touch the paint or otherwise lean exposed skin on the car.

Don't sit on the car. You sit in the car.

Love it. I have a few other bands but a great place to start.

Johal E32
07-16-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't really have any..

Except for keeping my car the way it was before you got in. Basically, just keep it clean, don't drop food crumbs, don't slam my doors, don't "play" with the windows or stereo, don't touch the glass, don't put your feet anywhere besides on the floor mat, make sure the soles of your shoes are clean/no mud etc..

Oh, and don't play with the shifter lol

Just basic stuff lol

Merritt07
07-17-2012, 01:16 PM
My Rules:
1. This is a BMW not a buffet, therefore you are not permitted to eat inside my car.
2. Windows remained locked. I choose whether or not they are rolled down. I'm the captain of this ship.
3. Do not touch the windows. I have a rag in the hind cupholder (the useless one) in case accidental contact is made.
4. YOU WILL NOT USE YOUR FINGERS TO DRAW/WRITE CLEVER NOTES INTO THE FOG THAT MAY APPEAR ON HUMID NIGHTS. END.OF.STORY.
5. Beverages must have lids/caps. No cans. Also you are holding it, because the front cupholder is reserved for my phone or wallet.
6. Feet are not to be on the dashboard. Not only do i not want toes up there, but I'm not perfect and I don't want to deal with the airbags breaking your legs.
7. If you have one of those peacoats with the metal/hard plastic rings in the back, take it off.
8. No tomfoolery in the backseat. We are adults, dont hit the back of my headrest.

If you break any of these rules, you will receive a warning for the first offense. Second offense will result in physical contact from a clenched fist. Third offense, I'll put your side of the car into traffic. I've got full coverage, test me.

Hornung418
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I cannot believe I looked for that and didn't find it...:facepalm

I still use the Plate to shut it out of habit. Slowly catching myself and correcting.

Newjack
07-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I cannot believe I looked for that and didn't find it...:facepalm

I still use the Plate to shut it out of habit. Slowly catching myself and correcting.

It's the bees knees I tell you what

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

terraphantm
07-17-2012, 06:17 PM
My rules...

You don't touch my AC settings (during this weather I keep it at 59/LO, rest of the year it's at 63)
No closing of any vents
No feet on the dash
Don't sit on the bolsters
No food/soda/juice (water's okay)

I would probably make an exception to the above rules for a moderately attractive chick lol.

nike001
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I would probably make an exception to the above rules for a moderately attractive chick lol.

Haha, I usually do this. Or for a fellow friend who keeps their car neat as well, so they know how to handle themselves.

johnrando
07-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I always ask somebody if it's OK to drink in their car (lid on of course) even if it's a beater, as I'd want the same courtesy. My kids know, even with lid on, they can't drink in my car. It's pretty funny sometimes. I imagine it in their mind being something like:

Said in your best turn of the century English orphan accent "please, dah-de, may I have a sip? I'm soooo thurst-y" :)

EDIT. Yes, I do allow them to take a sip. lol

Whitexi
07-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I strictly enforce not touching the sunroof shade.

danewilson77
07-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I strictly enforce not touching the sunroof shade.

+1. Good one.

webster
07-19-2012, 11:10 AM
- try to avoid excessive friction with side bolsters
- be gentle on the doors when closing
- no smoking
- no beverages without screw top

terraphantm
07-19-2012, 03:02 PM

~Steve
I'm the opposite. The second number must be 0, or divisible by 3, 5, or 7. I cant stand that number being 1 or anything even.

And I coded the car such that it displays "LO" instead of 59. I also set it so that "HI" is displayed instead of 91... But I don't think my climate control has ever seen anything higher than 69 anyway.

webster
07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
my AC is either 70 (if it's really hot, like 100+) or 72 (normal 85-95), or off. lol

i never have to run the heater...

WOLFN8TR
07-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Wish that was the case for me... I just got done waiting until it had cooled off to a brisk 99 degrees before I mowed the brown piece of scorched earth which used to be my yard

~Steve

Man I right there with ya. I usually wait until 9pm or so to go out in the garage to work on the ZHP when it cools down to 99 or so. Sucks!

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke