PDA

View Full Version : headliner falling at top corners of rear window - which glue to use?

KevinC
06-18-2012, 07:35 PM
It's already 110+ out here in Phoenix, and yesterday my girl notices that I've got a corner of the headliner hanging down at the top of the rear window. 2 hours later, I notice the OTHER corner is now down. Sheesh! I've already replaced my A-pillar covers, that were peeling badly at the bottom when I bought the car in April. What's the best spray glue stuff to tack the back corners back up? Any special technique? Hopefully whatever I use can handle the brutal Phoenix heat.

danewilson77
06-19-2012, 12:52 AM
3M Super77 spray adhesive.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

WOLFN8TR
06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
110 here in Vegas today and just noticed the same thing.

Sucks...

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke

webster
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
if you're referring to the C pillars, just replace those bad boys with new ones. you can get em for pretty cheap on ECS.

danewilson77
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
if you're referring to the C pillars, just replace those bad boys with new ones. you can get em for pretty cheap on ECS.

Op says headliner

KevinC
06-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Op was full of crap. I finally crawled into the back seat and had a closeup look. It's indeed the C-pillars that are droopy. I see that ECS has them. How easy are they to remove/replace? I got my A-pillars off but couldn't get them back into place myself. Not wanting to have to wrestle with the C-pillars, hoping they just snap off/on? Simple trim removal tool does the job, yes?

Hermes
06-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Take off the map light, there is a screw that holds them in

danewilson77
06-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Op was full of crap. I finally crawled into the back seat and had a closeup look. It's indeed the C-pillars that are droopy. I see that ECS has them. How easy are they to remove/replace? I got my A-pillars off but couldn't get them back into place myself. Not wanting to have to wrestle with the C-pillars, hoping they just snap off/on? Simple trim removal tool does the job, yes?

Lol....hey, you said it.

webster
06-21-2012, 06:17 AM
kevin, yes a simple pry tool and a torx (T15 I think?) driver will do the trick. fairly easy and straightforward to DIY (i did it myself a few months back). the only trick is getting the bottom corners to fit.