PDA

View Full Version : Which interior cleaner/detailer do you use?

Washburn
06-16-2012, 04:23 PM
I have used in the past, the 1Z cockpit premium and 1Z Tiefenpfleger.
Recently got BMW interior cleaner (not a spray bottle, difficult to manage, and one ends up wasting a lot), but want to try BMW natural care interior cleaner, mostly because it comes in a spray bottle ....

What do you guys use?

brettbimmer
06-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Griot's Garage interior cleaner. Stuff works very good for general cleaning. Also damp microfiber towel is used frequently too. For leather protection, I like Griot's Leather Rejuvenator.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Crestwood1001
06-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Stuff called Extra Foamy, we used it for interiors where I detailed cars, basically spray it over everything, let it foam up, wipe off the excess and then use compressed air to blast out the cracks and crevices, I did this on prob 100 new and old bmw's, audi's, Benz, all kinds of cars with no I'll effects and it is the absolute best iv ever used. Best part is watching the white foam turn colors as it pulls stuff off the surface lol

M0nk3y
06-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Please don't tell me you spray that on electronics as well.

Anyways, Aerospace 303.

Whitexi
06-17-2012, 02:31 AM
303 On the plastics, and leatherique on the leather.

nike001
06-17-2012, 06:53 AM
I use Meguiars quik detailer.

I used to use this black magic stuff that was an interior detailer as well (both of these products are matte/no shine) and the black magic stuff had the awesome smell that all their products have. The meguiars stuff has an alcohol-ey smell to it which I don't really care for.

Washburn
06-17-2012, 07:21 AM
I don't think I want a foaming product that you have to cover the dash with...just due to safety issues.

Hmm Thanks guys - keep suggestions coming.
Funny so far no one is using German products ??. :) I have used Aerospace 303 in the past, but the 1Z shows a bit richer (NOT shiny!!) matte finish, almost has a satin-ish quality to it, and I like the way it smells...
But I am looking for a more overall product that I can use on upholstery as well - AFAIK the BMW interior cleaner is for ALL areas of the interior...that's why I am thinking of picking some up...(The new 'Natural Care' line in spray bottles)

Perhaps I don't NEED a new product - but just curious to see what others use on their ZHPs...

Johal E32
06-17-2012, 10:57 AM

Anyways, Aerospace 303.

Great stuff. My cousin used this on his engine bay after he detailed it. It left a nice low-gloss shine, looked very clean

JupiterBMW
06-17-2012, 01:45 PM
I use the Meguiars Ultimate Protectant on the interior, and their Gold Class leather cleaner on the seats... I like their products.

zhp43867
06-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Sonax Matte Dashboard is anti-static and leaves no modification to the factory finish.

1Z Vinyl & Plastic deep cleaner is great but I believe it MUST be followed by a protectant or frankly- the oily stuff lots of companies call protectants. It seems to leave vinyl vulnerable and more susceptible to scratches than when it has a protectant applied.

I think 1Z Cockpit smells funny.

Ultima Interior gel is great stuff imo.

303s line up is also good if you don't mind re-applying the protectant every few weeks

Go Horns!
06-18-2012, 04:09 PM
I have used in the past, the 1Z cockpit premium and 1Z Tiefenpfleger.
Recently got BMW interior cleaner (not a spray bottle, difficult to manage, and one ends up wasting a lot), but want to try BMW natural care interior cleaner, mostly because it comes in a spray bottle ....

What do you guys use?

sounds like you cold use one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Soft-Style-Clear-Spray-Bottle/dp/B000NIZYHI/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1340064510&sr=1-1&keywords=spray+bottle

Crestwood1001
06-18-2012, 04:32 PM

Anyways, Aerospace 303.

Spray everything with it, I detail cars for a living, it does not harm a thing it dries very quickly

nike001
06-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Spray everything with it, I detail cars for a living, it does not harm a thing it dries very quickly

You detailed cars for like 2 weeks lol

Crestwood1001
06-19-2012, 10:16 AM
2 months lol if they paid fair I'd still be there

M0nk3y
06-19-2012, 11:48 AM

Highly doubtful...but each is to their own.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Crestwood1001
06-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Ok well the shop I worked at has been doing Audi, BMW, Subaru, Kia, porsche, and tons of used cars for a very long time and is part of a family of 4 dealers. I wouldn't say it was a good product if I didn't like it and if they have no been using it for a long time. I didn't realize this was the trash people for stating their favorite interior cleaner thread.

brettbimmer
06-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Highly doubtful...but each is to their own.

K, what have you seen/heard in the negative with 303? I am sure you wouldn't have posted without reason, and I trust your judgment on detailing advice buddy. I occasionally use 303 myself for exterior detailing of tires, but not normally on interior surfaces. Please enlighten us when you have a chance.

M0nk3y
06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
K, what have you seen/heard in the negative with 303? I am sure you wouldn't have posted without reason, and I trust your judgment on detailing advice buddy. I occasionally use 303 myself for exterior detailing of tires, but not normally on interior surfaces. Please enlighten us when you have a chance.

I love 303. I use it all the time.

I dont agree with below. Spraying all over electronics is a no-no in my book.

Just IMO, but "detail shops" usually use products that takes the least amount of time...and this sounds exactly like it. I have NEVER heard of this product before and that scares me.

For all i know it can contain silicon and slowly deteriorate the dash and other plastics. Its just something i dont want anyone using...even my worst enemy

Stuff called Extra Foamy, we used it for interiors where I detailed cars, basically spray it over everything, let it foam up, wipe off the excess and then use compressed air to blast out the cracks and crevices, I did this on prob 100 new and old bmw's, audi's, Benz, all kinds of cars with no I'll effects and it is the absolute best iv ever used. Best part is watching the white foam turn colors as it pulls stuff off the surface lol

Just fyi, ill-effects come down the road. They dont happen overnight

brettbimmer
06-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Good stuff man - Thank you!

Blaster3500
06-20-2012, 07:24 AM
For cleaning I use megs APC diluted 10:1 and I use aerospace 303 to finish it off.

Crestwood1001
06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I liked the stuff because it was not greasy and it left a Matt finish and cleaned very well, I bought my car from there and have a few cans of the stuff I use all the time with no I'll effects

PHZ
09-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Though nice, 303 leaves a slight satin finish, not a MATTE flat "factory" finish.

Any suggestions that add absolutely no sheen factor whatsoever?

JKO_ZHP
09-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Armor All vinyl spray or Meguiar's UV protectant wipes for the dash
Meguiar's leather conditioner for the seats

nike001
09-07-2012, 08:01 AM
I have some fabric cleaner I spray on a microfiber and just wipe. No steaks or anything and gets used on everything.

Then when I clean my seats.. rather than the wipe, I'll just spray a bit of Leatherique. Takes the stupid shine out of them and smells like brand new leather

Any suggestions that add absolutely no sheen factor whatsoever?

For dusting? Mist a microfiber towel. I sometimes use this method.

PHZ
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
thank you