PDA

View Full Version : 330i ZHP vs e90 M3 1/4 mile

UdubBadger
06-13-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm starting this thread for Wil, I'll let him tell the story from Timmayfest this weekend ;)

danewilson77
06-13-2012, 01:55 PM
In for story.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

midlandtech
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
In for story.

+1

~Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onepercent
06-14-2012, 09:45 AM
bump ... ??

danewilson77
06-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Seth...you may just want to fill us in. Just talked to Wil on the phone.....and he is in the hospital after surgery. He wanted everyone to know he's doing ok, and he's thinking of us, and he wouldn't be around for a while. He also asked for our prayers.

~DW

midlandtech
06-14-2012, 10:18 AM
.....hope he is ok

UdubBadger
06-14-2012, 11:00 AM
what the hell happened?

Johnmadd
06-14-2012, 11:35 AM
what the hell happened?

+1, hope he's not too bad off.

cakM3
06-14-2012, 01:07 PM
I go out to sea for 9 days and this happened??? I hope Wil will have a speedy recovery!

danewilson77
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
He didn't want me to say. He had some surgery and is doing much better now. Let's leave it at that. Thanks for understanding.

UdubBadger
06-14-2012, 02:57 PM
He's ok, I talked to him today.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

danewilson77
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
He's ok, I talked to him today.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

LOL....okaaaaaaaaaaay.

Can you share the story of the race....or is that not going to happen?

johnrando
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Glad he's OK. Would like to at minimum hear the results.

UdubBadger
06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
LOL....okaaaaaaaaaaay.

Can you share the story of the race....or is that not going to happen?

He said he'd hop on tomorrow and share. I want him to tell it - he earned it.

JupiterBMW
06-15-2012, 02:46 AM
If he earned it, at least that means he won! Or I would assume anyway! Here's to a speedy recovery...

SureShot434
06-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Ok folks I'm back! Lol sorry I've been away for so long. Ended up getting sick on top of everything and still recovering from that. But enough about that!

Ok here goes nothing....

I was talking to Seth about getting my car tuned, but I really wanted to drive one to feel the difference. Soooo Seth being the great guy he is let me drive his down the strip. We unloaded all the camera gear he had spent time loading, and I fired it up and headed for the starting line.

Now earlier in the day I had ridin and driven some sick cars like this awesome M5 just sick! When I was in the M5 we raced the E90 M3 in question and we spanked him. The guy in the M3 didn't win a pull all day! Guy must not know how to drive or something idk.

Well as I'm pulling into my lane in Seth's beautiful, non special, ZHP.....this M3 decides to pull in the lane next to me, prolly thinking oh yes finally someone I can beat! Hahahahahahahahaha he was wrong. I didn't do a burn out nothing just pulled up to the line

Finally we were both staged and the lights started to go....green....I gave it all she got. Tires got an amazing bite and I was off while the M3 was still spinning his tires. I didn't miss a single shift. Every shift was perfect and the car ran like Scotty himself from the Enterprise was working inside the engine bay! All I could see in my rear view mirror was that white M3 lol.....slowly he starts to catch up and then faster but by that time it was too late....I had crossed the finish line....first! An E46 330i (non special) ZHP had beaten an E90 M3! The guy was soooooo pissed and I was so happy. When I pulled back into the pits and drove up to Seth I had the biggest smile! I still remember Seth saying that was the highlight of the weekend!

God I love these cars!

Thank you Seth!!!!!

Sent from my new iPad :)
since my droid broke :(

JupiterBMW
06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Well done sir! Well done!! :thumbup

danewilson77
06-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Nice Will. Do you remember what your 1/4 time was?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

UdubBadger
06-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Dane, track prep was terrible there. I believe he ran about a 15.2 on that run. Everyone was about a second slower than normal times.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

johnrando
06-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Great story, well worth the wait! Definitely brought a smile to my face. Wonder what the book times are for these... figure the M3 should have won by the book.

danewilson77
06-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh...by the book the ///M3 is hands down faster in the 1/4. Like Will said....the guy spun his tires......Will won the race.

midlandtech
06-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Well done I had a similar experience with a roush mustang once.... Sometimes being the better driver makes all the difference

~Steve

cakM3
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Wil,

Thanks for sharing the story. Def an interesting read :thumbsup

Goes to show that when you spin your tires you don't make too much forward progress. It comes down to how you drive your car. Well played!

Newjack
06-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Great story Will! This makes me want to take some lessons now that I'm a BMWCCA member. Just goes to show that the best mod you can get for your car is a better driver.

cakM3
06-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Great story Will! This makes me want to take some lessons now that I'm a BMWCCA member. Just goes to show that the best mod you can get for your car is a better driver.

Rob,
First and best mod is the driver....agreed :thumbsup

terraphantm
06-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Great story, well worth the wait! Definitely brought a smile to my face. Wonder what the book times are for these... figure the M3 should have won by the book.

Yeah the e9x M3 book time is in the mid 12s, but I guess it just shows you still need to know how to drive.

Sockethead
06-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Yea, if you can't launch the car off the line correctly, all the HP in the world won't make one bit of difference... Well played :thumbsup

I bet this was the look on the guys face 1/2 way down the track :eyetwitch

Rovert
06-19-2012, 10:07 PM
There are times I can launch my car perfectly with a split second of wheel slip knowing I am putting 100% of traction down onto the ground. There are times where I launch and the RPMs immediately drop into a bog. There are times where the tire just wants to keep spinning like DJ "Spin that sh!t". Will, you nailed it!! :D How come no video was made with all that equipment? :( LOL

SureShot434
06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
There are times I can launch my car perfectly with a split second of wheel slip knowing I am putting 100% of traction down onto the ground. There are times where I launch and the RPMs immediately drop into a bog. There are times where the tire just wants to keep spinning like DJ "Spin that sh!t". Will, you nailed it!! :D How come no video was made with all that equipment? :( LOL

No video was made cause I was just testing Seths car to feel the change with the tune he has. I wasn't expecting to race anyone lol the guy just pulled up to the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...Bi-winning!!!!!

midlandtech
06-20-2012, 01:11 PM
What are the mods on the car?

~Steve

Rovert
06-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Bean power...Will, had a Burrito feast just before right??! :D

I never really noticed the gains in my tune right away but I think the power just rose slowly as the computer adapted so it wasn't like an on and off switch. How did you feel stock vs tune on Seth's car?

SureShot434
06-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Bean power...Will, had a Burrito feast just before right??! :D

I never really noticed the gains in my tune right away but I think the power just rose slowly as the computer adapted so it wasn't like an on and off switch. How did you feel stock vs tune on Seth's car?

Oh yes lol

There is def a lower end torque gain that I noticed! Felt awesome!

UdubBadger
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM

because I thought he was going to get smoked :facepalm

SureShot434
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
because I thought he was going to get smoked :facepalm

Thanks for the moral support Seth! lol jk

I thought I was gonna get beat too!.....BUT turns out I was wrong :)