PDA

View Full Version : Disaster averted ECS Tuning customer service

imola red zhp
06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
About 2 months ago I did the cooling refresh for my IRZ. I purchased the Level II kit with upgrade to OEM parts. After completing the job I had a small leak from the thermostat connection to the lower hose. I contacted ECS and they gladly sent me a new hose, I replaced it and still same leak same area, thermostat had to be the culprit. I contacted ECS tuning and this time they charged me for a thermostat and said when I send the "defective" one back they would credit me back the cost which was $87.37 not including shipping.
I replaced the t-stat and NO leak problem solved. However upon sending the defective t-stat back to ECS they returned it saying upon testing the t-stat leaked due to "installation error".
Of course the emails were flying I informed them that the new t-stat is not leaking and that the same tools and methods were used to install the current t-stat. So their finding would no be consistent as I said if it were an "installation error" my current t-stat would be leaking too.
I was only asking for a credit as I would use it on future purchases.
I also mentioned that I belonged to the forum group ZHP Mafia.com and that there products are mentioned frequently on our site and that the kit I purchased was at a recommendation from a member.
Chris van Hueter from ECS was understanding and credited me the full amount.
Being part of a Mafia helps.....

BCS_ZHP
06-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Niiiiice!

Oli77
06-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I'll try and pull the "I have friends in the ZHPMafia" string sometime.

meeceboy78
06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I like ecs. They are swell.

WOLFN8TR
06-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Chris has helped me with several returns. All went smooth and I didn't even have to throw the Mafia out there.

NorCalZman
06-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I ordered my euro clears from them. Friendly on the phone, but they said it could take at least a month since they come from Germany. Bummer!

terraphantm
06-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I've found them to be more than reasonable on returns. I forget who assisted me when I had my issue... but basically I ordered some Textar-braned brake pads for my ZCP brakes. According to BMW, the ZCP pads correspond to Textar T4089; I recieved T4001. Looking at pictures, the pads looked very different. I called ECS, and basically it turned out that Textar substitutes the T4001s because they "fit". I didn't really like that answer, nor did the guys at ECS. So they let me buy the genuine BMW parts for the cost difference, and didn't even request the Textar pads in return. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually lost some money in this case. Customer service like that is what keeps me as a customer.

I ordered my euro clears from them. Friendly on the phone, but they said it could take at least a month since they come from Germany. Bummer!
If you want them quicker, I would order the clear package from Turner. While it's technically not BMW branded, the lenses are the same (the BMW P/Ns are sharpied off - like many OEM parts).

imola red zhp
06-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Chris has helped me with several returns. All went smooth and I didn't even have to throw the Mafia out there.

Probably Chris would've done it anyway without the Mafia backup, his email did mention that he didnt want me to have a bad experience.
:)

sent from dennis' personal electronic device