PDA

View Full Version : Tint and Door Dings

Alex
04-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Hey guys,

I'm in the Mission Valley area of SD, got any recommendations for who to have do my tint? I've also got a few door dings that I'd like fixed, looking for similar recommendations.

danewilson77
04-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I think John has a good paintless dent repair guy.

I bet 2M autobody can do any of this.

Alex
04-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks Dane, 2M looks pretty solid, I'll be shooting them an email.

On a sidenote, I'm looking for a replacement hood for my sedan, and I cannot for the life of me find a carbon fiber sedan hood from a US retailer. What's up with that?

danewilson77
04-06-2012, 10:05 AM
The Boss can vouch for 2M Autobody. I believe we have a few threads regarding them and their service.

Hoods. Ugh. Sometimes they're hit and miss regarding fitment.

Give these guys a try...

http://www.dtm-spec.net/v3/exterior-c-58_37_178.html?page=2&sort=2a

Alex
04-06-2012, 10:09 AM
It's a shame the only one available for the sedan seems to be the GTR vented style. I would so prefer just the power bulge.

danewilson77
04-06-2012, 10:25 AM
It's a shame the only one available for the sedan seems to be the GTR vented style. I would so prefer just the power bulge.

Get an oem bulge hood.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Hermes
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Mike can prob make you a custom CF hood, but I'm not sure how much it would cost

Alex
04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
As awesome as a custom hood would be, it's probably out of my budget. Might just have to take the gamble on China... or just get my hood fixed.

Dane, I've never seen an OEM bulge hood for a sedan, let alone a facelift. Where can one find this illusive item?

danewilson77
04-06-2012, 12:18 PM
As awesome as a custom hood would be, it's probably out of my budget. Might just have to take the gamble on China... or just get my hood fixed.

Dane, I've never seen an OEM bulge hood for a sedan, let alone a facelift. Where can one find this illusive item?

Yeah... I was thinking of Spencers but I spose that's a coupe.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

johnrando
04-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I used bosses ding guy and he did a great job. He's in SD, and mobile. Call Israel, and tell him Mark and John from the mafia sent you.

dentezout 619-822-9881

Marcus-SanDiego
04-06-2012, 09:04 PM
My write up of Israel: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1502-DentEZOut-San-Diego-Dent-(ding)-Removal-(Paintless-Dent-Repair)-Review

Alex
04-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Not bad at all, I'll give him a call. Thanks for the tip!

Alex
04-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Little update, got Israel coming to work on my dings tomorrow, I'll try to get a before and after, assuming the dings show up in a picture.

*UPDATE* Dings wouldn't show up with the clouds today, so no before/after shots.

That being said, Israel did an amazing job on my car, and I would recommend him to anyone in the family. My ZHP looks about as new as she can now.

das boots
04-13-2012, 10:45 AM
If you still need a tint, PM me. I know someone who also can come to your place....preferably with a shade like a garage.

johnrando
04-13-2012, 11:07 AM
If you still need a tint, PM me. I know someone who also can come to your place....preferably with a shade like a garage.

Considering tint and I'll be down in SD next week. Can you give me more details? I really want something high quality so I need someone with a good selection (not - I'll sell you whatever you want as long as it's X cuz that's all I carry) and knows what they are doing.

das boots
04-13-2012, 05:09 PM
PM sent.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Little update, got Israel coming to work on my dings tomorrow, I'll try to get a before and after, assuming the dings show up in a picture.

*UPDATE* Dings wouldn't show up with the clouds today, so no before/after shots.

That being said, Israel did an amazing job on my car, and I would recommend him to anyone in the family. My ZHP looks about as new as she can now.

Alex, glad it worked out. Israel is the best I've seen. That's why I recommend him to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk