PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2005 BMW 330i ZHP, grey/black, 53k mi, auto, $13,900, Arlington, VA

ELCID86
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Just saw this one here in NOVA. Looks nice, low miles for the DC area.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2920684050.html

Newjack
03-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Something HAS to be wrong with that car. The price is just too good for that mileage and "claimed" condition. I wonder what carfax shows.

danewilson77
03-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Nice looker.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Yep. At that price, something lurking. Probably an accident or salvage title.

iZHP
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Silver grey :)

BCS_ZHP
03-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Don't think he's too far off on the "market" selling price vs. asking prices. I sold an '05 coupe with similar miles about a year ago for $4K more. So say it depreciated 10% over that year and maybe the condition isn't pristine like mine was with all maintenance up to date, that might account for another grand, then they're within a grand of each other or 5%. If I were in the market for a steptronic, I'd be there. Since I'm local, can look at it for anyone in the market for one, just PM me.

ELCID86
03-27-2012, 05:59 AM
I agree it seems a bit low. Not sure if I'll have a chance to go see it. It's not far from me, but traffic here makes it tough. Plus I'm liable to fall in love with it and then I'll have the CFO (wife) to contend with!

ELCID86
03-27-2012, 11:04 AM
From the owner: Yes, the car is still available. Clean title. Regular maintenance was done at BMW dealership. Recently however I used a local shop (autostop in Arlington VA) for front brakes work.

Thanks for your interest.

Yasser

Marcus-SanDiego
03-27-2012, 01:07 PM
If it's clean, this is a nice price.

BCS_ZHP
03-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Proceed cautiously. I recall from a year ago a guy with the same name with a ZHP coupe with low miles, claimed 2nd owner. But gap from when he had it for sale to last maintenance item for the 2nd owner was over a year, and names didn't match. And when we talked, he wanted the check made out to him, said his cousin was the 2nd owner and had left the country, he supposedly paid him for it but didn't transfer the title to his name. Smelled wrong, I walked away.

danewilson77
03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
^Great info Bruce. I'm smelling what your steppin in.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BCS_ZHP
03-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Drove to Philly last weekend to look at the '06 AW 6 spd coupe that was on ZHPRegistry. Looked good, drove well, but guy was too easy to negotiate price down almost 20%. Checked with Norik on the VIN and it turned out to be flood damaged. Believe we're now a recognized group of fanatics with high demand and low supply, so the scammers are starting to find us.

danewilson77
03-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Drove to Philly last weekend to look at the '06 AW 6 spd coupe that was on ZHPRegistry. Looked good, drove well, but guy was too easy to negotiate price down almost 20%. Checked with Norik on the VIN and it turned out to be flood damaged. Believe we're now a recognized group of fanatics with high demand and low supply, so the scammers are starting to find us.

Interesting. Also good info.

Maybe even start seeing more fakes.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Marcus-SanDiego
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM

Agree. I know someone who just bought a ZHP. Before he bought this one, though, he ran across several ads where the seller claimed to be selling a ZHP. Turns out that they were not ZHPs. They were just made to look like them (but something was always missing, so the seller was exposed as a liar).

Be careful out there, folks.

BimmerRules!
03-28-2012, 05:25 AM

Thanks for the heads-up Bruce. Much appreciated.

Curious: didn't carfax or other records indicate the flood damage? (Not sure who/what Norik is, sorry!)

The prospective buyers have a dilemma indeed: we need to negotiate a low price given the 'value' we come up with based on the year, mileage, options, maintenance etc, and at the same time be ready to pull the trigger quickly if the one with the right color combo comes up, but yet need to be wary if price is low or, as in this case, seller is too easy to negotiate price down. Man...

kayger12
03-28-2012, 05:30 AM
Norik runs the ZHP Registry. He is a member here.

BimmerRules!
03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks!

328ioc
03-28-2012, 11:18 AM

All the more reason to keep ours in tip top shape.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk