PDA

View Full Version : E46 Parts....

das boots
03-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Lots of E46 parts from the CL. No affiliation. However, I know the seller. If you need some used parts that are not listed, give him a call and he might have them in his storage or be able to get them. You just can never tell.....

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/2911713835.html

UdubBadger
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
wonder if that rear view mirror is pnp

das boots
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Give him a call. Jack is quite a friendly guy...btw..what is PNP?

derbo
03-20-2012, 11:38 AM
wonder if that rear view mirror is pnp

do you have sos or just a base mirror?? if you have a base mirror, all you need to do is add two wires to it. :)

UdubBadger
03-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Ya base mirror.

Pnp = plug n play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Bitches

das boots
03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
PNP it is. But....I still don't get it on base mirror and sos...and adding two wires.....what would those do? Let me know if you want me to call him....

das boots
03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Okay..I just got a message from Jack. He does have mirrors with auto dimming......send him an email. jackchristian@me.com. See his message below.

"Thanks for re-posting those listings for me!

I have always thought they are different for coupe and sedan. They show different part number also. But I was just working with a guy who ended up purchasing one from a sedan at a junkyard and he said that it fit on his coupe. Granted the rebuild of his car is not complete and there is no bumper on there yet so we'll see. I have never personally tried it though. If you want you are more that welcome to come and test fit it if you like.

I think the SOS has to do with the home link. That mirror does not have it. But I do have a mirror that does have the home link and is auto dimming. As for the plug and play part. It will mount up in any E46. The auto dim.... I am not sure if there is something else that you have to do. I think that sensor is built into the back of the mirror. My thought is that it is PNP but I am not sure if the car didn't have an auto dim mirror if there is a plug-in to power it pre-wired. They would have to do some research as would I.

Tell them to send me an email."

johnrando
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Earlier today I turned an e46f.c poster looking for a part onto your friends craiglist ad. Good timing that you posted it.