PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP with 37k miles... 16500

brkf
03-10-2012, 07:51 PM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2893295530.html

Found on craigslist. Seems like a good deal. Anyone come across this one before?

Premium, zhp, black, manual, 37k miles.

Vin: WBAEV53434KM05778

http://www.drivelinemotors.net/2004_BMW_3%20series_145888980.veh

No miles for 4 years? Hmmm. Accident and repo on its Carfax too.

danewilson77
03-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Nice car. Only downside. ZKW's.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

MiniD
03-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Could be totally wrong, and hope I am, but that car just seems a bit fishy to me. Not sure what it is, just kind of have that sense about it.

brkf
03-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah carfax set off alarm bells. How could it have only been driven 4k miles in 4 years?

BRGcoopahS
03-10-2012, 08:22 PM
its the stock chromed rims. It just looks wrong and makes the car looks like it was beaten. oh and the whole right side sitting way higher than the drivers side could have something to do with it........

SoarinZHP
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I looked at other stuff on their website. Something seems "a little off' to me, too...

CkDedmon
03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
This car has been listed for quite sometime...I believe originally on San Diego Craigslist. The original photos included one of the interior from the passenger side, and it showed the cube trim has come away from the dashboard near the passenger door. That picture isn't showing up anymore, but you can still see the trim piece coming off or the right end in the interior photo. Salvage title?

brkf
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
This car has been listed for quite sometime...I believe originally on San Diego Craigslist. The original photos included one of the interior from the passenger side, and it showed the cube trim has come away from the dashboard near the passenger door. That picture isn't showing up anymore, but you can still see the trim piece coming off or the right end in the interior photo. Salvage title?

Carfax didn't show it as a salvage but man does it have some fishy history.

aurelius
03-12-2012, 07:50 AM
A great way to find mileage discrepancies on a BMW is to have a dealership print out a service history.

Typically they won't give you the first page of the report due to privacy concerns. Page one has the contact info for whoever owned it when it was last at a dealership for service.

They'll need the last 7 of the VIN. There's a member here who can help. PM me and I'll send you his ZHPm handle.

This, however, is not fool proof. If the instrument cluster were replaced after the car's last dealer service, for example, the car could have a hidden mileage discrepancy.

Check for legit cluster replacement by looking for a sticker on driver door jam. That applies to any make.

trancenation
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Like others have said. I believe this is a repost from a few months ago. Seems like there may have been something wrong with this car since it has been overlooked these past months.