PDA

View Full Version : Rain storm last spring ruined whole inventory

Johnny330zhp
01-18-2012, 06:50 AM
so my brother works for west german bmw here in PA and last spring we had a lot of rain and i dugg up some of the pics to post.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p639/johnnyzhp/imagejpeg_4.jpg
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p639/johnnyzhp/imagejpeg_3-1.jpg
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p639/johnnyzhp/imagejpeg_2_14-2.jpg

ryankokesh
01-18-2012, 06:54 AM
http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419/OhTheHumanity.jpg

Hermes
01-18-2012, 06:57 AM
It looks like a hurricane went through there, not a flood

Johnny330zhp
01-18-2012, 07:00 AM
haha my brother called me that day i went down there and saw this in person, and omg let me tell u its not the same as looking at these pic haha and the real bummer is some of these cars are customers that were in for service. I mean an untitled car getting ruined is one thing but taking ur car in for an oil change and finding out this happened whoa! also it was just this dealership that got flooded like this every where else in town was fine, all i can say is if i was one of thos customs i would be sooooo mad even if insurance covered it. I much rather would have my car get totaled for something i did wrong not just leave it at a dealership over night on a bad storm day hah

danewilson77
01-18-2012, 07:37 AM
I commented in here. My comment was...."The sunroofs are down"? Looks like thread got "Doubled"?

Johnny330zhp
01-18-2012, 08:05 AM
yea I'm not sure how that happened, i made the first thread then went to edit it and some how it became 2 but yea I'm not sure why the moon roof is open but this flood actually happened the day after the rain due to the water level of this creek raised behind the dealership, I'm guessing someone had driven the car just hours before the flood but not really sure. I had more pics but could only find these 3, I think the pic where the car is on the light post looks so funny

danewilson77
01-18-2012, 08:08 AM
yea I'm not sure how that happened, i made the first thread then went to edit it and some how it became 2 but yea I'm not sure why the moon roof is open but this flood actually happened the day after the rain due to the water level of this creek raised behind the dealership, I'm guessing someone had driven the car just hours before the flood but not really sure. I had more pics but could only find these 3, I think the pic where the car is on the light post looks so funny

Fixed

kayger12
01-18-2012, 08:21 AM
^^^
Digging the new sig, brother.

Ryans323i
01-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Eh, they're all e9x's. Who cares. :shifty Ok, I am sad for the one 7series in there.

The one on the light poll looks like it's doing what 4x4 offroaders do to show off suspension travel, their "stance" I guess you could call it.

danewilson77
01-18-2012, 09:39 AM
^^^
Digging the new sig, brother.

Thanks Sweetie. I hadn't taken an intrior pic with my new camera.....put I had just replaced the center console, and wanted proof of how good my interior once looked....hehe

M3TA5IN
01-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Eh, they're all e9x's. Who cares. :shifty Ok, I am sad for the one 7series in there.

The one on the light poll looks like it's doing what 4x4 offroaders do to show off suspension travel, their "stance" I guess you could call it.

"flex" is the term. I use to be a jeep guy flexing my suspension all over :p

Looks like right after the hurricane and then all the rain we got. My friend works at a dealer here in PA. They didn't even know it was happening at first it was so fast, but he was in the sales floor and happened to walk out back to his car for something and the river was about to take out his car. I believe they said it was the worst rain ever seen in this area. The Susquehanna was way above it's normal flood stage.

Johnny330zhp
01-18-2012, 10:12 AM
^^^ yea this is true, it was crazy

MrMaico
01-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Damn, what a shame! I wonder if the water shorted something out and caused windows to go down and sunroofs to open?

LivesNearCostco
01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Secret Bavarian safety feature? In case of immersion, unlock doors, open windows and open sunroof so passengers can escape!

az3579
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Secret Bavarian safety feature? In case of immersion, unlock doors, open windows and open sunroof so passengers can escape!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was true. But, at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if something shorted, either.