PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Else's ZHP not come with a spoiler?

yousharenow
01-12-2012, 07:00 AM
My car came without a spoiler, but it also came with leather shift and e-brake boot. Did anyone else get a weird car like mine?

It was a 4/05 run, so I got the leather steering wheel, and everything else seems normal, but I got a performance weighted short shifter, leather boots, and no spoiler =[

Any ideas why?

kayger12
01-12-2012, 07:04 AM
They switched to leather steering wheel, shift boot, and e-brake boot sometime in 2005 because of all the warranty replacements of alcantara that they were doing. Mine is this way as well.

I also remember that there was a period of time when they had a shortage of trunk spoilers and some ZHPs were delivered without them.

Iirc, owners were able to go back to BMW and get them to install them as they were supposed to be installed when the car was purchased.

kayger12
01-12-2012, 07:05 AM
From our FAQ:

What's more, during the spring of 2005, BMW stopped putting the Alcantara steering wheels on the ZHP (because of problems with premature wear), which means there are many ZHP-optioned cars on the road today without Alcantara steering wheels. Additionally, while the trunk lid spoiler came standard, there was an option to have it deleted (option code 326). And this side note: some ZHPs, in early 2004, did not come with the trunk lid spoiler (even though customers did not choose option code 326) -- because of a parts shortage. Customers who complained eventually got them installed at the dealer at no cost (covered under warranty).

johnrando
01-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Exactly. I like the lip spoiler look so I bought an OEM one. A little pricey compared to other things out there but for things like that I want OEM. Plus many (certainly not all) of the non-OEM ones are cheaply made.

yousharenow
01-12-2012, 07:32 AM
E46F has an entire thread on the trunk lip spoilers, the $38 one from ebay people have raving reviews on. I like the OEM one, but I can't get it paint matched and delivered for a reasonable cost.

Hermes
01-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Customers who complained eventually got them installed at the dealer at no cost (covered under warranty).

I wonder if they'll still honor that... personally I would just go with the CSL trunk (leo_19999's old ZHP, I think the trunk is still for sale. contact him on e46f as he still logs in there: FOR SALE: 2005 bmw 330ci --- IMOLA ZHP --- (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=887133))

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/leo_19999/ZHP/CIMG6234.jpg

midlandtech
01-12-2012, 08:50 AM
I wonder if they'll still honor that... personally I would just go with the CSL trunk

ditto I been thinking about doing a CSL trunk

~Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
01-12-2012, 08:53 AM
I like the CSL trunk but for me, it starts to move away from ZHP more and it's not inexpensive.

yousharenow
01-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't like how fat it makes the ass look, I'm all about the clean simple lines of the trunk lip spoiler

das boots
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
There has to be cartoon strip somewhere in which the fat ass wife asking the skinny husband,...."Does my trunk look too fat?"