PDA

View Full Version : My ZHP and CPO

Barefoot-ZHP
12-30-2011, 04:22 PM
My CPO runs out next month so I took her in for a check engine light that came on and to deal with the ZHP 4krpm Power Dip issue...

-Come to find out, the thermostat was stuck open, which threw a code...diagnosed and cover under CPO after the $50 deductible
-I knew I had recently, last week, developed a small oil leak, I suspected the Filter Housing Gasket and was dreading it as it looks to be a real PITA, they diagnosed and covered it under CPO
-Service Manager called and said "Your belts looked worn and since we have to remove one to do the thermosat (?), might as well do them all, I agreed and paid $150 for new belts and less than half the labor but I am ok with it...(Labor rate is usually $137/hr
-Then we moved on to the Power Dip/Hesitation. He said that they did notice it but there are no codes to help with diagnosis so they put in a fuel system cleaner and recommended a 93 octane fill up. I informed him that I only run 93 in it, either Chevron or Shell. He said to watch it and we will see what happens.
-So, I then show him a copy of the Service Bulletin SIB 12 17 05 which lists the issue and diagnosis and repair. This kinda pissed him off but he said he would look at it and try to find the original and for me to get back with him next week.

Should we put odds on if he will cover this or not?

I guess I will wait and see but all and all, I was happy with BMW Service and CPO considering the car is almost 6 years old, has 58k miles and the CPO runs out next month.

PS: I then walked over to the Parts Counter to say Hi and told them I had just had Service and they gave me a free BMW Hat...Sweeeet

All said, walked out for a total of $227.....

kayger12
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Nice job taking advantage of the CPO.

I got a vanos and new sunroof cassette before mine expired.

Winning all the way around.

danewilson77
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Nice job taking advantage of the CPO.

I got a vanos and new sunroof cassette before mine expired.

+ 1

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

SoarinZHP
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
I got a new sunroof cassette before mine expired.

WINNING! for sho'

kayger12
12-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah, man. Got it with about a week left on the CPO.

BCS_ZHP
12-30-2011, 06:16 PM
I paid one hour labor to an Indy for a full inspection a month before our CPO expired last year. He made a list, I took it to the dealer and they covered 7 of 9 items. It was well worth the $115 in labor to get over a grand od final CPO work for the $50 deductible.

webster
01-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I paid one hour labor to an Indy for a full inspection a month before our CPO expired last year. He made a list, I took it to the dealer and they covered 7 of 9 items. It was well worth the $115 in labor to get over a grand od final CPO work for the $50 deductible.

that is really smart. note to self...

Barefoot-ZHP
01-07-2012, 11:12 AM
UPDATE:

So, I drove the car this weekend after spending the week driving my company vehicle to work.
I noticed the smell of oil burning was back so I ran it back to the dealer.
Come to find out, it's the VC leaking as well.
SO, the Service Manager said "We don't have time today because it is Saturday but bring it Monday and we will fix it under CPO.
ALso, I checked on that Service Bulletin and we are going to fix it as well."
The Service Bulletin being the ZHP DME/ECU reprogramming....

Yaaaayyyyy,
so BMW Warranty Services and my Local Dealer are Okey DOkey in my eyes right now....
My Local Dealer is Germain BMW fwiw....

I then proceeded to the Parts Department and bought a new Driver's Side Kidney Grill for my car which had a stone chip in it...
$43 at my price which is close to cost I think...

PS...I also went to Germain Arena this morning and got a great set of Tom Petty Tickets,
1st Row, in the 1st Raised section, in the first full section back from the stage....