PDA

View Full Version : OEM Mud Flaps

das boots
12-02-2011, 08:11 PM
It all started with a simple thread concerning smoked lights & exhaust tips. And one thing led to another, the monster grew another head. I would like to have everybody's input concerning this thread. And if anybody have more photos available of the ZHP with OEM mud flaps installed, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5621-Smoked-Lights-and-Exhaust-tips/page3

Hermes
06-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Was looking at pics of diesels (don't get me started on that subject) and saw this one with mudflaps which reminded me of our old conversation. Lawrence, we should get some ;)

http://www.a-plus-detailing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/320d_1.jpg

http://www.a-plus-detailing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/320d_2.jpg

http://www.a-plus-detailing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/320d_4.jpg

I want a M57 so bad...

---

Edit: part numbers

Coupe/Convertible
Front = 82 16 0 002 509
Rear = 82 16 0 301 698

Sedan
Front = 82 16 9 408 655
Rear = 82 16 9 408 656

mounting parts
Front = 82 19 9 413 965
Rear = 82 19 9 413 978

TigerTater
06-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Maybe on an xi that you put in the dirt? ...doesn't look terrible Did they make a diesel Zhp? Or is that just the body kit etc?

Sent from my iPhone 13

gmurphy
06-18-2014, 03:57 AM
Maybe on an xi that you put in the dirt? ...doesn't look terrible Did they make a diesel Zhp? Or is that just the body kit etc?

Sent from my iPhone 13

In Europe the M-Tech II body kit was virtually available on any E46. Same with the alcantara interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az3579
06-18-2014, 05:54 AM
You're killing me with that Estoril, JP. smh

das boots
06-18-2014, 06:25 AM
Very unfortunate they did not bring the Estoril on a ZHP to the ConUS. Unless a Euro delivery was done....

ELCID86
06-18-2014, 06:28 AM
I think Tony has flaps. Might be a good idea with the spacers on the rear of Colin's.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/18/uzy8e7an.jpg

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

NoVAphotog
04-30-2015, 01:59 PM
I think if painted to match they could look good

Confusing indeed. And yet, with the photo that you provided, the flaps are installed on a Performance Package. When they state '= No' does that mean they won't fit????? The flaps do look good installed. Got any more pics with mud flaps?

That was the only one I could find. I think the =No refers to the instructions. I'm sure the front ones fit, it would be the back ones that 'might' be an issue but even then I don't see how that part of our bumper would look different from a regular 3er, it's the back side of the car that is shaped different.

Maybe one of our resident BMW techs could chime in on this but I don't know if they've seen our conversation. You might want to post a new thread and just copy all of our comments

Lawrence, I saw that too. It is confusing but if I understand correctly it is referring to the installation instructions

Important notice:
The installation instructions are not included in the retrofit kit. Print out the latest update of the instructions from the Aftersales Assistance Portal (ASAP) and hand them over to the customer.

For vehicles with
Aerodynamics components for M Package = No ---- SZE1A=No
and
Body styling = No ---- SZE2A=No
and
Aerodynamics package = No ---- SZE3A=No

For vehicles with
M Sports package II = No ---- S338A=No
and
Aerodynamics package = No ---- S716A=No

**THREAD BUMP**

Thinking of doing this for my ZHP, but the body shop said after talking to BMW that they will not fit on the "M-Aero Package" cars.

Shop said they wanted to be sure before they started so that it wasn't a waste of time for both of us...I said I'd buy them and verify it myself, but I figured bump this and see if anyone had the install instructions or anymore pictures of them installed on a ZHP. Based on what I've seen on here, the "No they won't fit" is a "by the book" type answer for the instructions, not the actual car and that they will fit.

We both think the only issue could be the rear bumper as others have stated, but the pictures we've seen it looks fine, he said the pictures don't show us anything gap and spacing wise or if anything was changed on the actual items themselves.

Tired of the damn rock chips...sounds like shrapnel pinging around the car when I drive down the road after all the sand and shit from this winter...

das boots
04-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Had a chance to purchase a whole set a few years ago through CL. I passed it up when this research came out that they don't fit. I still should have snagged that up then....just for S & G.

NoVAphotog
04-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Had a chance to purchase a whole set a few years ago through CL. I passed it up when this research came out that they don't fit. I still should have snagged that up then....just for S & G.

@330i ZHP is saying that the areas where they are mounted are the same for non-mtech cars...I really need to get a set and figure it out.

ELCID86
04-30-2015, 05:19 PM
I thought Tony had them.

Simmsled
04-30-2015, 05:24 PM
One of my Subaru friends suggested getting some of these once.
They are somewhat universal in nature, made of silicone, and can be mounted however needed/wanted.

May be a solid second option for a highly functional solution.

ELCID86
04-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Forbidden.

NoVAphotog
04-30-2015, 05:49 PM
One of my Subaru friends suggested getting some of these once.
They are somewhat universal in nature, made of silicone, and can be mounted however needed/wanted.

May be a solid second option for a highly functional solution.

Forbidden.

Shawn would drive over and rip those off if I did that...

ELCID86
05-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Shawn would drive over and rip those off if I did that...

Yes.

anandoc
05-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Guys, I just installed the front mud flaps 2 weekends ago and I can take some pictures tomorrow morning for you all. It is a very easy job and should not take more than an hour.

I don't have a ZHP (regular 330i) so I am not sure how different the ZHP side-skirts are and whether the mud flaps will fit over them or not.