PDA

View Full Version : Charrie's ZHP project

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

cakM3
12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I have to admit that until Ry mentioned my bringing both of my cars to SIGFest the thought had never occurred to me because I was asked to bring my ///M instead this time around.

Yes I have been very busy modding the ZHP only because opportunities kept coming up whenever I least expected it like this UUC Corsa full exhaust system I just sealed the deal with today... I never planned to purchase an exhaust system for the ZHP until later this year but this just came up on another forum where the member had advertised this item for sale last week sometime and yesterday when I checked the thread, no one responded, so I sent that forum member a PM and he was willing to work something out....next thing I knew I had sealed the deal and now I'm getting an exhaust that I had really wanted for my ZHP... Thanks alot BP!!! :)

First I would like to thank Ry from the bottom of my heart for offering Kyle's services.... I would be happy to have him drive either of my cars down during the road trip :thumbsup As much as I would love to have Kyle come to drive one of my cars, I wouldn't feel right to have Ry and Kyle do this....

There is another option, I think, and I'm seeking Ry's approval first before saying anything else... I did text Dane and he gave me a go to bring both cars if I wanted to :thumbsup

cakM3
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
^^ this caught my attention, lol... save some for me will ya? lol..

my button panel is in transit right now, should be here before the weekend, but since Christmas is just around the corner, I would put
the SportButton mod on hold till next year.

since my SB is on RED 99.9% (like John), i would set up mode2 from green to amber and mode3 from red to green.

jayjay... easy to do! I figured out how the LEDs should be placed to get your desired results :thumbsup

Ryans323i
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Totally get John to do it! That would work out way better! :thumbsup

johnrando
12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm def up for it. Funny, cuz I was thinking he should bring both cars too!

cakM3
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Totally get John to do it! That would work out way better! :thumbsup

Then it's settled Ry...;) John it is!!! :thumbsup

Hey John....start making plans brother :) Going to be an awesome road trip! :thumbsup

johnrando
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
:fistpump

cakM3
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
SIGFest2013 list is updated John ;)

cakM3
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Looks like I will be doing much more to my ZHP within a few months...hopefully before the annual reunion. Right now I'm thinking of doing the following...

- Install my new UUC Corsa exhaust > scheduled for next weekend
- Remove/replace fuel filter and fuel pump (preventive maintenance)
- Update suspension with brand new coilovers (suspension is due for a refresh)
- Remove/replace RTABs (at 135k I feel it's long overdue) - Preventive maintenance
- Freshen up my Style 135's and replace my rear Michelin PSS with a new set...;)
================================================== ==
- possibly a Coby alcantara rewrap wheel...

Looks like a lot is planned to get my ZHP ready. Hopefully some things will come into place to allow me to get this done :thumbsup

kayger12
01-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Looks like a great plan, Charlie.

What's your plan for getting the RTAB bushings out/in?

cakM3
01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Looks like a great plan, Charlie.

What's your plan for getting the RTAB bushings out/in?

There's a guy here within driving distance in Mass that does RTAB replacements and he does an awesome job for much cheaper than any indy/dealer. I will be going through him in a few weeks :) I'll most likely be doing this with my ///M as well for preventive maintenance...

kayger12
01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Good deal.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3

johnrando
01-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Nice plans for both rides Charlie. :thumbsup

derbo
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
RTABs sounds good!

I would suggest doing the RTAB limiters as well since you are attacking it anyways. It will definitely prolong the life of the RTAB as well!

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_8_29&products_id=59

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Instructions/Rear-Trailing-Arm-Bushing-RTAB/i-htDzBFw/0/L/DSC_9007-L.jpg

Au2bahn
01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Agreed with Derek. This is what I have on mine. I wish I still had my RTAB tool to loan you.

cakM3
01-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Okay guys, when I change out my RTABs I will be sure to get the RTAB limiter as well for both cars. :thumbsup Thanks guys!!!

Saturday, I will be picking this up for my beloved ZHP.....installing Sunday afternoon...:)
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/photo6-4.jpg
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/photo4-5.jpg
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/photo5-4.jpg

Glad I jumped on these...more to come folks!!! :thumbsup

Torxuvin
01-10-2013, 06:30 PM
^Looks awesome. It keeps telling me that I need to open my wallet. Alas, the corvette deserves an exhaust first...

Btw, I took the polyurethane route on my M3 and liked them.

derbo
01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
im jealous, and i said I will trade you my hks exhaust for that :)

cakM3
01-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Derek, I know you did but thanks to BP... after riding in Wobz and listening to his UUC Corsa exhaust, I had to have one for my ZHP....

I really love this sound...:drool Appreciate your generous offer though! :thumbsup

danewilson77
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Win.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

cakM3
01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
^Looks awesome. It keeps telling me that I need to open my wallet. Alas, the corvette deserves an exhaust first...

Btw, I took the polyurethane route on my M3 and liked them.

Funny you mention this because I have been doing crazy maintenance/modding to my ZHP ever since purchasing this almost two years ago and have not done as much to my ///M. Funny how OCD I am regarding what I want set up for my daily driver.....

Once you start modding....it's like a very greasy slippery steep slope....almost impossible to stop but man is the ride fun!!! :thumbsup

@ DW....thank you sir!

Torxuvin
01-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Funny you mention this because I have been doing crazy maintenance/modding to my ZHP ever since purchasing this almost two years ago and have not done as much to my ///M. Funny how OCD I am regarding what I want set up for my daily driver.....

Once you start modding....it's like a very greasy slippery steep slope....almost impossible to stop but man is the ride fun!!! :thumbsup

I am with you completely. Although in the few months I've had both, I have pretty much just spent time fixing things and bringing the them up to my standards. Actually I've had upgraded shocks for the corvette that have been sitting in my living room since the day before I flew to pick up the ZHP. :rofl The new toy gets all the attention for the moment.

cakM3
01-10-2013, 07:22 PM
That's how it goes....since my ZHP is also the "new toy" it has been getting the lion's share of attention...:)

danewilson77
01-10-2013, 07:28 PM

@ DW....thank you sir!

It's like one of those play cars you build up and trick out. That's about how easy it is on E46. $$$ is the only factor just about.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Ryans323i
01-11-2013, 05:42 AM
I can't wait to hear your Z with the UUC exhaust. Love the way Wobbs sounds.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with replacing my windshield. Mainly installers' fault, but still, I recommend not doing it unless it's absolutely necessary. If the glass is really pitted or you incur chips and cracks.

S85FTW
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Charlie, we can race to sigfest 2013 ;)

How many times will we have to stop to fill up? I am calling 2-3 right now.

cakM3
01-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Kris, I will settle for cruising rather than racing down for the annual reunion (like the thought of many BMWs in formation just cruising on down....what a sight that will be!!!). As for gas, I figure probably 3 times since I like to keep my tank on the full mark....I can make it down on two with gas to spare if I really wanted to but as I get older, I appreciate rest stops to stretch the legs a bit...;)

Hopefully there will be many of us from New England who will make the drive south for this fun-filled event... I'd like to see the New England crew well represented but we'll see...

@ Ry, the windshield on my ZHP has been replaced and there's a small area on the driver's side that is begining to develop rust that I will have to get addressed...I realize that this is a problem from installers not properly clearing the old sealant and scratching the surface of the A-pillar and not properly resealing those scratched areas.....hence, rust. I will have this addressed and then place the new windshield w/ rain sensor, which will allow me to pursue another mod that I really want to retrofit to my ZHP....auto headlights :biggrin

As for the Corsa exhaust? John will most likely have more driving time during this trip than I will....I will be enjoying driving my ///M again...:)

S85FTW
01-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Kris, I will settle for cruising rather than racing down for the annual reunion (like the thought of many BMWs in formation just cruising on down....what a sight that will be!!!). As for gas, I figure probably 3 times since I like to keep my tank on the full mark....I can make it down on two with gas to spare if I really wanted to but as I get older, I appreciate rest stops to stretch the legs a bit...;)

Hopefully there will be many of us from New England who will make the drive south for this fun-filled event... I'd like to see the New England crew well represented but we'll see...

@ Ry, the windshield on my ZHP has been replaced and there's a small area on the driver's side that is begining to develop rust that I will have to get addressed...I realize that this is a problem from installers not properly clearing the old sealant and scratching the surface of the A-pillar and not properly resealing those scratched areas.....hence, rust. I will have this addressed and then place the new windshield w/ rain sensor, which will allow me to pursue another mod that I really want to retrofit to my ZHP....auto headlights :biggrin

As for the Corsa exhaust? John will most likely have more driving time during this trip than I will....I will be enjoying driving my ///M again...:)

Haha I was kidding, 7mph over is fine by me, its what I usually do on trips to Michigan.

cakM3
01-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah Kris.....it would be nice if we can get a lot of ppl who are coming down to the reunion meet and just meet up along the way so we can have a nice caravan.... I bet the sight of all these BMWs going in one direction would be an awesome sight :) :thumbsup

johnrando
01-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Gonna enjoy that drive!

cakM3
01-11-2013, 03:49 PM
I hope so John! :thumbsup

cakM3
01-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Planned "2013" maintenance for my ZHP

- Install my new UUC Corsa exhaust -> scheduled for next weekend
- Remove/replace fuel filter and fuel pump (preventive maintenance)
- Update suspension with brand new coilovers (suspension is due for a refresh)
- Remove/replace RTABs (at 135k I feel it's long overdue) - Preventive maintenance
- Freshen up my Style 135's and replace my rear Michelin PSS with a new set...;)
================================================== ==
- possibly a Coby alcantara rewrap wheel.....

cakM3
01-14-2013, 05:10 AM
Seems I have about 123 days to accomplish several projects on my ZHP....

Currently have my carbon fiber engine covers I purchased from Ben that I need to have refinished for the reunion meet. Then I have the above noted items that I would also like to have completed to my ZHP before John drives her down...want my ZHP to be as good mechanically as possible! :)

Luckily a fellow forum member (Chad44) offered to provide assistance in removing my OE ZHP exhaust so that I can properly mount my UUC TSE3 Corsa exhaust. For his efforts, I am giving Chad my OE ZHP exhaust...:)

Then I have the fuel pump issue to address not because I need a new fuel pump but after last summer's exciting trip to Rob and Kristin's where the fuel pump on my ///M failed, I don't want to take any chances regarding my ZHP this upcoming season. I figure since I'm replacing my fuel pump, I might as well replace my fuel filter as well :thumbsup

At 135k I'm finding my ZHP's OE suspension is worn and tired so I will be looking to address this as well...I have used BC Racing coilovers on the ///M and have had them for over two years now w/o any issues whatsoever. I don't track either of my cars so for the time being, I feel that the BC Racing coils will be a solid choice for everyday street/highway driving. They have held up very well in the pot-hole ridden roads of New England.

I can say when driving to Brookline, Ma to see Steve, there are some areas there where the roads are terrible but then on RI165, the road there is just as bad...:)

Ryans323i
01-14-2013, 07:29 AM

Totally agree with the windshield replacement. What you are dealing with, is why I discourage unnecessarily changing the windshield. Hope it all gets taken care of easily!

cakM3
01-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Thanks Ry. With the ZHP I'm thinking of having the A-pillar repaired/windshield replaced at the BMW dealership near me. At least this way I will know my ZHP will be done properly...

As for my ///M, I have a friend who's best friend owns a auto windshield replacement service and he does an awesome job. Especially since this is through "my" best friend...so I know I will be well taken care of there. I have used them before when I had my 323i and had absolutely no issues with them at all so I will be taking my ///M over there...:thumbsup

330i ZHP
01-14-2013, 08:43 AM
nice easy projects you have listed

I hope to make it to the sigfest - esp since I live much closer than you (although it is somehow odd, that I have had a zhp for 7 years - never knew about sigfest...and now no zhp and I hope to go)

cakM3
01-14-2013, 08:48 AM
nice easy projects you have listed

I hope to make it to the sigfest - esp since I live much closer than you (although it is somehow odd, that I have had a zhp for 7 years - never knew about sigfest...and now no zhp and I hope to go)

Stuart...you should go nevertheless because you're an enthusiast! Just because you no longer have a ZHP doesn't matter. I'm sure you will still be welcomed by all :thumbsup

Would love to see your touring there! :thumbsup

jayjay_dee
01-14-2013, 12:24 PM
So much WIN in this thread Charlie...

cant wait to see both your babies on Family reunion!!!

elric
01-14-2013, 01:20 PM
So much WIN in this thread Charlie...

cant wait to see both your babies on Family reunion!!!

+1 ... :drool

cakM3
01-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks everyone....going to do as much as I can for this upcoming meet...

Let's see how far I actually get...;)

cakM3
01-18-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm sitting at the airport thinking about tomorrow when I have my Corsa exhaust installed. A good friend of mine will keep my OE exhaust to put on one of his other cars as exchange for his time and effort installing my new exhaust. Pretty good deal if you ask me ;)

Anyway... glad to see this week over so I can move on to more fun activities over the weekend :thumbsup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S85FTW
01-18-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm sitting at the airport thinking about tomorrow when I have my Corsa exhaust installed. A good friend of mine will keep my OE exhaust to put on one of his other cars as exchange for his time and effort installing my new exhaust. Pretty good deal if you ask me ;)

Anyway... glad to see this week over so I can move on to more fun activities over the weekend :thumbsup

Nice to see Charlie! Cant wait to see the progress on your rides!

derbo
01-18-2013, 10:01 AM

Gotta love non-money exchanges for labor!

Ryans323i
01-18-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm excited for you Charlie! Tomorrow can't come soon enough, huh!?

cakM3
01-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Nice to see Charlie! Cant wait to see the progress on your rides!

Thanks Kris! I will keep trying to make positive progress on both or my babies :)

Gotta love non-money exchanges for labor!

Derek, it couldn't have worked out any better for me... that's for sure! :thumbsup

I'm excited for you Charlie! Tomorrow can't come soon enough, huh!?

Thanks Ry! Yeah, I'm looking forward to doing this although it will be cold when Chad and I do this....luckily, he has an outdoor heater so the heat will be pointed towards us...:) I'm chillin' at the moment and plan to take a few....well, maybe lots of swigs of that delicious nectar this evening and get a good sleep going late tonight...:)

Morning will come that much quicker for sure! :thumbsup I still have the coilovers to get and install, then the fuel pump/filter before I am ready to say that my ZHP is set for the long-distance road trips that will surely come this upcoming season! My mind has been racing lately with what mods to get and the priorities....I also want to get a Samsung 60" (model: UN60ES8000FXZA) LED 1080p 240Hz 3D HDTV before I do anything regarding modding my cars....tired of not having a TV that equally matches the awesomeness of my home theater sound.....

az3579
01-18-2013, 04:09 PM
I also want to get a Samsung 60" (model: UN60ES8000FXZA) LED 1080p 240Hz 3D HDTV before I do anything regarding modding my cars

I call BS.

cakM3
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
I call BS.

I'm so going to make you eat your words.......:facepalm

Hermes
01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
well... he technically already bought the exhaust for the ZHP so it doesn't count as new mods

cakM3
01-19-2013, 04:06 PM
JP, you're correct. I did, however, I installed my UUC Corsa exhaust at Chad's house this morning. It took Chad and I about 4 hours to get everything installed. The hardest part was getting the old exhaust disconnected from the exhaust manifold. Chad tried using an impact wrench to get the bolts off and one of them snapped. The bolt had been rusted sufficiently and had fused. The three remaining bolts had to be cut off using a torch Chad had conveniently laying around at his backyard shop.

To add to the difficulty, the bolts remained on the exhaust manifold as they were pressed in. Chad had to heat up the exhaust manifold enough that the bolts glowed red from the heat and then used a hammer to pound them out of the manifold. Once the bolts had been removed the fun part began...

Once the old exhaust had been taken out we cleaned and prepped all the connections to the Corsa exhaust and put everything together. I was happy to let Chad keep my OE exhaust since it was a one piece exhaust....my problem of disposing this exhaust was taken care of very easily... Thanks Chad!!! :thumbsup

I have to say this is one of the many things I have done to my ZHP that I really enjoyed doing. It has become a very fun and exciting car to drive, just like my ///M and is what I call my perfect daily driver :)

It was very cold outside this morning
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/e5upegud.jpg

Not a great angle but this is where Chad had to work to remove the old exhaust from the exhaust manifold
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/4apeze4e.jpg

New Corsa put together (not tightened) and loosely mounted, waiting for final adjustments...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/vyna3u6u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/yneruzub.jpg

The new exhaust mounted...looks perfect! :thumbsup
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/7u3ary4u.jpg

I will get more pictures in the coming months leading to the reunion :biggrin As for now, I'm really happy with this install :chuck

kayger12
01-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Great stuff, Charlie.

Can't wait to hear it and see it in person.

cakM3
01-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks Keith! There's more coming for both my ZHP and ///M....I hope I don't disappoint :thumbsup Today was a fun day for me...:)

kayger12
01-19-2013, 04:48 PM
^You never do, my friend.

cakM3
01-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Thank you sir! I will continue to have fun modding the heck out of my BMWs.....making them perfect for me :thumbsup Of course there are others here from "our family" who are helping me to do more...;) You know who you are :)

danewilson77
01-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Great stuff, Charlie.

Can't wait to hear it and see it in person.

+1

johnrando
01-19-2013, 05:54 PM
+1

+2 for sure! How do you like it so far Charlie? (I really don't need to ask, do I?)

Hornung418
01-19-2013, 06:34 PM
+2 for sure! How do you like it so far Charlie? (I really don't need to ask, do I?)

Plus 3.

Still need to get my headers in. After my dyno that has been pushed back due to recent events and working seven days a week getting in the way. Hopefully I can get the custom three inch header-back into an M3 quad exhaust moving through the local subie shop... who now has an in-house fabricator! Score.

Cant wait to see the new mods this summer. Make it happen, Chuck!

From a GS3, this was sent.

cakM3
01-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Okay here's a few videos I took but please forgive me for sounding like a dork...;) I'm not used to taking videos.....

http://vimeo.com/57768819

http://vimeo.com/57768691

http://vimeo.com/57768690

This last video was taken when a good friend of mine wanted to check out my ZHP after doing my UUC Corsa exhaust install. I had promised him that I would let him drive the ZHP after I completed my sprint booster/sport button mod but then I got unexpected life events so I haven't gotten a chance to let him check out what I have been up to.... I don't condone doing a fast rate of speed especially with snows mounted just so everyone knows. Usually when cruising I do about 70 and occasionally hit 80 (depending on traffic flow - 5 over posted speed limits if busy) but I let my friend have some fun tonight. :)

My friend was excited nevertheless ;)

@ Dane and John, thanks! John I love this exhaust. I think it has just enough balance to use for every day driving but when you drop the hammer, so to speak, it speaks out loud for everyone to hear... sounds so awesome when my ZHP screams now...:drool :drool :drool

@ Justin... can't wait to see what you have in store as well! Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else at the reunion....thanks for the complements on my project as well brother! :thumbsup

Yes, I sound like a dork but enjoy the videos :biggrin

S85FTW
01-19-2013, 06:49 PM
:chuck

cakM3
01-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks Kris!

johnrando
01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Ea cho hot aut! lol Love that UUC sound.

Avetiso
01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Love it! Does it retain that low rumble as the stock zhp exhaust?

Tnhl1989
01-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Doesn't sound like it has the hum the zhp one has. Charlie..........It's so AMAZING!

cakM3
01-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Doesn't sound like it has the hum the zhp one has. Charlie..........It's so AMAZING!

@ Avetiso and Tony,

The Corsa exhaust note isn't the same as the OE ZHP note. It's better! The video doesn't accuratelty present the actual sound (because iPhone) but its more pronounced and nowhere irritating as some other exhaust system. At highway speeds the exhaust can barely be heard and you can listen to music w/o hearing it or hold conversations. When starting up, especially when its cool outside, the exhaust is louder than the OE ZHP exhaust but I happen to like it that way ;)

This exhaust does sound manly! To me... it perfectly matches "my" ZHP's personality :thumbsup I've got to get going on my ///M soon on modding because at this rate, the ZHP is quickly becoming my favorite BMW....

TT + iPhone4

cakM3
01-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Since I'm getting BBS for the ///M I decided tonight that I will most likely be getting these for the ZHP as well. Slapping on Hankooks Ventus V-12's on them.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/Alufelgenwheels_zps12332e0f.png

18x8 ET45 front / 18x9 ET48 rear. Should fit and look very nice on Imola :)

danewilson77
01-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Those are going to be perfect.

Tnhl1989
01-21-2013, 06:17 PM
They look amazing Charlie. I can't wait to see both projects in person! Road Trip time!

330i ZHP
01-21-2013, 06:25 PM
very sweet

zhpnsnv
01-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Charlie those will be great. Go over the finish carefully when they come in. I've seen a couple of people with finish quality issues who purchased these for their 1s. Minor rippling and crap like that.

cakM3
01-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Those are going to be perfect.

They look amazing Charlie. I can't wait to see both projects in person! Road Trip time!
You can come on down at any time Tony :thumbsup

very sweet

Charlie those will be great. Go over the finish carefully when they come in. I've seen a couple of people with finish quality issues who purchased these for their 1s. Minor rippling and crap like that.

Thanks guys! Marc, I will be sure to take a look at them when I receive them. In the mean time, I've already made a sweet deal for someone this evening and he will be getting my Beyern Mesh wheels so that I can make room for these...;)

derbo
01-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Corsa is a great exhaust.

Alufugens are one of the best looking replicas out there. They even have the stamps on them. All you need is those $8.00 M stickers for the wheels to complete it with the BMW roundel center caps.

johnrando
01-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Oh man will those look good. Can't wait to see them in person.

cakM3
01-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Corsa is a great exhaust.

Alufugens are one of the best looking replicas out there. They even have the stamps on them. All you need is those $8.00 M stickers for the wheels to complete it with the BMW roundel center caps.

Derek, I have the monochrome ///M stickers and wheel center caps to put on these wheels when I get them :thumbsup

Ryans323i
01-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Love the videos Charlie. The exhaust sounds great and it was great to hear your voice again. :) Really like that exhaust. I like how it sounds under load and how quiet it is when cruising at highway speeds.

Love the wheels you have picked out too!

JupiterBMW
01-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Good lucking work Charlie. The exhaust looks and sounds excellent... Although, no way in hell would you get me under a car doing exhaust work in that weather! :rofl

Like the wheels too. :thumbsup

derbo
01-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Good lucking work Charlie. The exhaust looks and sounds excellent... Although, no way in hell would you get me under a car doing exhaust work in that weather! :rofl

Us Cali and Florida residents sure are spoiled with good weather lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cakM3
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM

A "true enthusiast" won't let a little thing like weather get in the way of modding their rides ;) I have been waiting a long time to get this exhast on my ZHP....luckily Chad had a heater that was eventually used to heat us while we were working underneith the car...:thumbsup

On a side note...today something happened to me at work and I may be redirecting priorities as a result.....sometimes life throws a wrench in the plans you make and in my case, I have had several wrenches thrown at me... I will be getting new wheels for both cars at a minimum though....that will happen...

Torxuvin
01-22-2013, 12:16 PM
A "true enthusiast" won't let a little thing like weather get in the way of modding their rides ;)

http://cdn.styleforum.net/5/5d/900x900px-LL-5dcbd53f_clap.gif

Tnhl1989
01-22-2013, 12:36 PM
For some reason my replies are not going through. I been outside like 4 hours already in this weather Charlie. My hands are pretty frozen. Well making preparations before I tow the car back to Worcester.

cakM3
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
http://cdn.styleforum.net/5/5d/900x900px-LL-5dcbd53f_clap.gif

Nice!
:like

cakM3
01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Since I am forced to redirect some things regarding mods based on today's events I think I will focus on suspension for both cars.....it sucks but I also have to look down the road financially....

Anyway with that said, I will still be getting the Alufelgen CS7 wheels with Hankook Ventus V-12's (225/255), coilovers, new fuel pump/filter, and this...:)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/ScreenShot2013-01-22at43347PM_zps339955b3.png

az3579
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Always goin' large. :thumbsup

danewilson77
01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Chuck, when are you getting them gold plated?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Pip
01-22-2013, 07:53 PM
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/ScreenShot2013-01-22at43347PM_zps339955b3.png

Super n00b. What are those?

zhp43867
01-22-2013, 07:57 PM

21st century forks, duh! Rear lower control arms (commonly referred to as RLCAs)

So Charlie- definitely going with UUC?

PS: Good luck redirecting the wrenches that have been thrown at you!

cakM3
01-22-2013, 09:01 PM
21st century forks, duh! Rear lower control arms (commonly referred to as RLCAs)

So Charlie- definitely going with UUC?

PS: Good luck redirecting the wrenches that have been thrown at you!

Thanks Derek! :thumbsup I'll try :)

@ Dane.....nice! :biggrin

Ryans323i
01-23-2013, 07:12 AM

They allow camber adjustment for the wheels.

:rofl

johnrando
01-23-2013, 07:14 AM

cakM3
01-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Yeah, Ryan and John.... I thought the same thing regarding Dane's "gold plated" comment :biggrin

cakM3
01-23-2013, 02:40 PM
I stopped at the dealer today and after a lengthy conversation....may have some interesting things to do to the ZHP before John drives her down to the reunion...it will be a surprise ;)

I will say it won't be a supercharger or anything like that...

ryankokesh
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Multi-month teaser.... sheesh.

Torxuvin
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Intrigued

cakM3
01-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Multi-month teaser.... sheesh.

Intrigued

Yeah, and since you guys will be at the reunion.... you will get to see everything up close and personal :) I will post details when it happens....right now it's just "planned" with the dealer as to what I will be doing...:)

Torxuvin
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah, and since you guys will be at the reunion.... you will get to see everything up close and personal :) I will post details when it happens....right now it's just "planned" with the dealer as to what I will be doing...:)

I get the feeling that seeing your zhp at the reunion will be expensive on my wallet.

"Oh I really do need coil overs and an exhaust and m3 mirrors and ..."

cakM3
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
I get the feeling that seeing your zhp at the reunion will be expensive on my wallet.

"Oh I really do need coil overs and an exhaust and m3 mirrors and ..."

I think seeing both my ///M and ZHP at the reunion will be expensive on your wallet ;)

Okay..... while talking to my service advisor (fellow BMW enthusiast who has driven at the BMW Performance center track), I have compiled a list of things I want done to my ZHP prior to having John take the car south for the reunion meet:

- new coilovers w/ alignment
- new RTABs
- complete fluid change (tranny/diff)
- CDV delete w/ UUC ss lines
- new fuel pump/filter (not getting stuck on the Garden State Parkway again!)
- complete dent removal
- new windshield replacement w/ rain sensor one
- refinish my carbon fiber Arqray lip spoiler and then clear bra it
- replace existing clear bra with new ones
- new Alufelgen CS7 wheels in hyperblack (18x8 ET45 F/18x9.5 ET48 R)
- carbon fiber M3 mirror housings
- possibly repaint my roof to glossy black (not a priority at the moment)
- finish my carbon fiber engine covers and install them

This is my current "to do" list for the ZHP prior to the reunion. Okay, there you have it...:) Pretty ambitious list... I know...

At the reunion I plan to replace my driver's window regulator for both the ZHP and ///M :thumbsup

johnrando
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm not going to give you your car back Charlie!

cakM3
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not going to give you your car back Charlie!

John, I'm not too worried about you brother! I think I will have to worry about Ry taking the car home with her when she drives it...;)

derbo
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
first 5 seems easy!

cakM3
01-23-2013, 03:56 PM
agreed Derek

Hornung418
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Excited to see it dent free!! :)

cakM3
01-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Justin,

I don't know if my ZHP will be completely dent free but will be more than 90% dent free which will be a big improvement from the last time you saw her...:thumbsup

You will see notable changes in my ZHP from last year, that's for sure! Oh, and I will have new BMW Performance Grills installed. ;)

Tnhl1989
01-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Awesome list to do there Charles. I will be doing the cdv delete as well and hopefully getting my dents out. Looking to meet up with you soon though :)

derbo
01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
CDV delete is a must! Don't even need to rebleed your brakes much if you clamp the line down! :D

Still cant believe I never did it sooner..should've been the first mod I did..

cakM3
01-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Derek,

I did the CDV delete on the ///M and loved it! There was an issue however when I tried to do the CDV delete on my ZHP...possible thread strip (not sure why) so I will have this done at the dealer and replace my OE clutch line with an UUC ss clutch line. :thumbsup

derbo
01-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Derek,

I did the CDV delete on the ///M and loved it! There was an issue however when I tried to do the CDV delete on my ZHP...possible thread strip (not sure why) so I will have this done at the dealer and replace my OE clutch line with an UUC ss clutch line. :thumbsup

interesting...hopefully it all works out!

cakM3
01-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Derek,

It will work out. I will have my CDV delete in the ZHP. Other than getting a catless exhaust header, limited slip diff, and ESS twin screw... there isn't much left for me to do to my ZHP.....

Damn!!! I can't believe I have done so much in the short time I have had this beauty!

derbo
01-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Derek,

It will work out. I will have my CDV delete in the ZHP. Other than getting a catless exhaust header, limited slip diff, and ESS twin screw... there isn't much left for me to do to my ZHP.....

Damn!!! I can't believe I have done so much in the short time I have had this beauty!

LOL those last options are big ticket items..

Torxuvin
01-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Derek,

It will work out. I will have my CDV delete in the ZHP. Other than getting a catless exhaust header, limited slip diff, ///M fender flares and ESS twin screw... there isn't much left for me to do to my ZHP.....

Fixed (for all of us living vicariously through you)

You've gotten a lot done.

cakM3
01-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Fixed (for all of us living vicariously through you)

You've gotten a lot done.

I love the ///M Fender flares!!! If I did them this is how I would do them :drool :drool :drool

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/M3RearFenderarch02_zps0002bd8b.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/M3RearFenderarch01_zps7b2b603a.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/DSC_0054_zpsd34b505a.jpg

If I had the money, this is exactly how I would build mine but keeping my silver cube interior trim :thumbsup

Torxuvin
01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
^ One of the best cars ever built. I love that the guy tracks it. I so wish bmw had made it. If you get that far, I will personally plan a trip (vacation) to RI to help you install everything.

cakM3
01-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Only if I win the lotto will I be able to partake in this epic project.....

CERF04ZHP
01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
I love the ///M Fender flares!!! If I did them this is how I would do them :drool :drool :drool

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/M3RearFenderarch02_zps0002bd8b.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/M3RearFenderarch01_zps7b2b603a.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/DSC_0054_zpsd34b505a.jpg

If I had the money, this is exactly how I would build mine but keeping my silver cube interior trim :thumbsup

I. Want. This. Car.

via EVO.LTE

cakM3
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
take a number Channing....you're obviously behind many here...:) This is the car that inspires me...:)

CERF04ZHP
01-23-2013, 06:35 PM
take a number Channing....you're obviously behind many here...:) This is the car that inspires me...:)

e46 perfection

via EVO.LTE

cakM3
01-23-2013, 06:36 PM
fact Channing.....so perfectly done at every level of the project...I wish I had the assets to do this for my ZHP project.....so much win...

derbo
01-23-2013, 07:14 PM
I remember reading that project over the 1-2year long project he done and was just amazed at the sheer level of detail he went through to make sure it was OEM as possible. Now that its supercharged..its even more :drool

I hope you do wide-body the car! I would love to do it too..

cakM3
01-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Derek,

There's nothing I would love to do more than turn my ZHP into an ///M but that won't happen because I don't want to lose the distinctiveness of my ZHP....

I'd be extremely hard pressed to do this but I know it would look awesome to source OEM M3 front fenders (side grills deleted) modded with facelift coupe front corners, OE ///M3 hood, front bumper, rear quarter panels blended into the sedan body, coupe LED tails, and OEM ///M3 rear bumper cover.....yes, this would look epic.....

330i ZHP
01-24-2013, 01:09 AM
JJeppe's car was one of two cars (the old Technik ZHP was the other) that drove me to the insanity of the wagon

cakM3
01-24-2013, 02:37 AM
JJeppe's car was one of two cars (the old Technik ZHP was the other) that drove me to the insanity of the wagon

Stu... I think what put me over the edge regarding modding was JJeppe's car. I remember when he started this thread and how it had progressed. I couldn't believe the detail of his work....was completely amazed!

So when working on my ZHP, with very limited finances, I've been doing my mods the best way I can :)

All I can say is that if money were no object, I would be doing mine the same exact way that JJeppe did but would leave the ESS Tuning logo on my supercharger kit :thumbsup

I will add that your Touring has been nicely modded and I hope to see both you and your touring at the reunion meet this year! :thumbsup

derbo
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Stu, Jeppe, Technik, TMS ZHP are all incredible cars that inspired me :)

cakM3
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Derek,

Between you and JP....both of you are bad for my wallet...;)

cakM3
01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Cleaned the ZHP today....was dirrrty...

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/DirtyCorsa_zps5d0572a4.jpg

Clean Corsa .... good ZHP :)
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/CleanCorsa_zps3e7e81f5.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/DSC_0346_zps2b78d061.jpg

All I have to say is that I really love this exhaust....;)

Pip
01-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Looking great Charlie!

cakM3
01-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks Sean :thumbsup

derbo
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Derek,

Between you and JP....both of you are bad for my wallet...;)

I don't know what you are talking about Charlie. :)

cakM3
01-28-2013, 06:48 AM
I don't know what you are talking about Charlie. :)

:)

Here's a better video clip I made when BP installed his UUC Corsa exhaust. After hearing his exhaust I knew this was the exhaust I wanted for my ZHP. I'm glad I was patient and found mine :thumbsup

http://vimeo.com/34752859

Ryans323i
01-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Damn Charlie I love that exhaust. I can't believe it's $1500.

cakM3
01-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Damn Charlie I love that exhaust. I can't believe it's $1500.

Yeah Ry! I couldn't believe the cost for a brand new one so when I saw a set for sale on E46F, I PM'd the owner and found out he was still selling this back in December. I made arrangements quickly to get it and now it's on the ZHP. I managed to get mine for $750 so I'm happy with that...:thumbsup

If you occasionally scan the classifieds at Bimmerforums and E46F, another one will come up for sure....:)

johnrando
01-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I got mine for $750 too, you just have to be EXTREMELY patient and jump on it when you find them. I waited over a year at least.

Ryans323i
01-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah Ry! I couldn't believe the cost for a brand new one so when I saw a set for sale on E46F, I PM'd the owner and found out he was still selling this back in December. I made arrangements quickly to get it and now it's on the ZHP. I managed to get mine for $750 so I'm happy with that...:thumbsup

If you occasionally scan the classifieds at Bimmerforums and E46F, another one will come up for sure....:)

Lol. I refuse to visit those sights! You guys are going to have to keep an eye out for me, please.

cakM3
01-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I got mine for $750 too, you just have to be EXTREMELY patient and jump on it when you find them. I waited over a year at least.

I waited for mine about as long John but it was well worth it for me...:thumbsup

Lol. I refuse to visit those sights! You guys are going to have to keep an eye out for me, please.

I hear you Ry! If another one comes up I will give you a heads up...:) You really want one of these exhausts...:)

johnrando
01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Happy to keep an eye out for you Ryan. I'm regularly on the Vert subforum on E46 (there really aren't the db's in that subforum), and I generally peruse the classifieds looking for stuff.

Tnhl1989
01-28-2013, 08:31 AM
I am looking for one myself but it will be a long wait anyways :) I'll keep an eye out for you too Ry!

Ryans323i
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys!

derbo
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
ugh i want this exhaust now. Dammit Charlie.

Tnhl1989
01-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Derbo I don't think any of us is good for you ;) I actually live pretty close to Charlie too! :P

Tnhl1989
01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Found one already. Not sure if it's worth $750 considering that it is 2 years old already.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967323

Ryans323i
01-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I replied to your PM. Thanks again.

Fwiw, everyone, I need one that fits a 323 or 328.

cakM3
01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
ugh i want this exhaust now. Dammit Charlie.

You're welcome Derek ;) I felt the same exact way when Botond got his Corsa Exhaust...

Torxuvin
01-28-2013, 03:08 PM
You should be like me. I refuse to watch the video, because I'll probably want it. :innocent

cakM3
01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
You should be like me. I refuse to watch the video, because I'll probably want it. :innocent

Watch it......do it......

you ... want ... to ...

az3579
01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
If you can, BUY THIS EXHAUST!
I got lucky and decided to "window" shop on Craigslist 20 minutes before the strike of midnight on New Year's 2012 and found this full exhaust with only 8k on it for $750. I talked him down to $590 and got the full exhaust for that much with not much searching at all.

Deals are there, just gotta pounce when it's hot!

danewilson77
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Deals are there, just gotta pounce when it's hot!

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/7.png

az3579
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Deedubs...

You cray. :biggrin

danewilson77
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Deedubs...

You cray. :biggrin

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/cray.jpg

az3579
01-28-2013, 05:06 PM
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Can+someone+prove+that+he+s+doing+this+on+Black+Fr iday+_f0d5a63edd24541975413c7d1fd5904b.jpg

cakM3
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
You guys are very funny :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

cakM3
01-29-2013, 08:00 PM
It appears that I'm being blamed for other's desires to mod their cars....and that by my modding I'm being such a bad influence. I will take a break from modding BMWs...at least on updating my project threads...this will be a hard thing to do but for the welfare of others in the family, I will work on refraining from modding.

Tnhl1989
01-29-2013, 08:03 PM
It appears that I'm being blamed for other's desires to mod their cars....and that by my modding I'm being such a bad influence. I will take a break from modding BMWs...at least on updating my project threads...this will be a hard thing to do but for the welfare of others in the family, I will work on refraining from modding.

You could just draft out all your mods and upload them all at once in the future :) that would be fine too!

330i ZHP
01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
dont succumb to peer pressure

cakM3
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
dont succumb to peer pressure

Thanks Stuart :thumbsup When I started my projects threads for both my ZHP and ///M, I have never envisioned that I would be blamed for other's modding their cars....I should probably take this as sincere complement. My intent was to show how I've been modding my cars with hopes of showing others how I have modded them. I have seen numerous project threads where people modding their cars did not share an ounce of helpful information.

Anyway, it was my sincere desire to share with everyone just how my modding journey has gone, not to badly influence anyone, especially BP...

derbo
01-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Charlie,

It's more like you inspire others. I think you will be fine that we 'blame' you for our mods lol. :)

I know I would giggle if I knew I was the cause lol..

az3579
01-30-2013, 03:19 AM
You funny Charlie!

Now please continue to influence us. We have to get ideas from somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

cakM3
01-30-2013, 03:50 AM
I guess those who really know me know that I can never stop modding my cars...I do realize that I have to find balance such that I can get a nice 55" LED LCD TV and other nice things instead of being so crazy about my cars....believe me, its a constant daily battle with me ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Ryans323i
01-30-2013, 05:14 AM
Put the 60" in the car. win/win

cakM3
01-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Put the 60" in the car. win/win

:rofl :)

S85FTW
01-30-2013, 11:08 AM
bahahaha this should be a new meme instead of the because racecar meme

cakM3
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
funny....Kris....

elric
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM

:roundel

Sent from my Galaxy S II Skyrocket

az3579
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
I guess those who really know me know that I can never stop modding my cars...I do realize that I have to find balance such that I can get a nice 60" LED LCD TV and other nice things instead of being so crazy about my cars....believe me, its a constant daily battle with me ;)

It's not a battle, Charlie. You're losing so badly it can't even remotely be called a battle, more like complete domination. :biggrin

That's PERFECT! I'm going to use that now!

cakM3
01-30-2013, 07:25 PM
I thought you would love that pic BP :rofl

Ryans323i
01-31-2013, 07:16 AM
That's PERFECT! I'm going to use that now!

+1

cakM3
02-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Today in addition to changing out my oil, I had my fuel pump and O2 sensors replaced. No more SES light and my ZHP is happy again :thumbsup

- also had my radio reset as it stopped working all of a sudden.... nothing. Radio module was reset w/o further issues. Radio fully funcitoning...;)

Also had the car inspected to see if there are any additional maintenance items to look into as well as checking the work I recently did when I installed my UUC Corsa exhaust. The mechanic told me that he loved my ZHP.....of course he would say that!!!! Who wouldn't love my ZHP ??? ;)

danewilson77
02-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Did they replace pre or post cats? Assuming pre.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA.

cakM3
02-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Dane, I had all of them replaced. The post cats were the ones that went bad so I went ahead and did the rest as preventive measure. Probably overkill but I shouldn't have to worry about these for another 100k or so...:thumbsup

I also purchased a set of BC Racing coilovers for the ZHP today. I have been running on these for over 2 years now with my ///M and these coilovers have held up perfectly. Can't wait to get these installed on my ZHP...:)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/ScreenShot2013-02-06at82221PM_zpsad7fa2a0.png

alexandre
02-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Dane, I had all of them replaced. The post cats were the ones that went bad so I went ahead and did the rest as preventive measure. Probably overkill but I shouldn't have to worry about these for another 100k or so...:thumbsup

Probably not that overkill - the precats are worthless after 100k, so based on your mileage, assuming they were replaced at 100k by P.O. (or you), you got half their life out of them. You might even see your MPG raise a little :)

cakM3
02-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Probably not that overkill - the precats are worthless after 100k, so based on your mileage, assuming they were replaced at 100k by P.O. (or you), you got half their life out of them. You might even see your MPG raise a little :)

Most likely....I think it's a good move to get them all replaced if you can....going to look at doing this for my ///M as well before heading down to the reunion meet...

alexandre
02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Most likely....I think it's a good move to get them all replaced if you can....going to look at doing this for my ///M as well before heading down to the reunion meet...

The precats are super easy... Get 'em on Amazon, Bosch #13949x1 and #13952x1 for 2004 M3. $155 for the pair. Exact same part that dealer sells... RealOEM even says "BOSCH" next to the part # lol.

Took me 20 mins from opening to closing the hood on the ZHP. Dunno if they're similarly positioned on an S54, but it shouldn't be much different.

cakM3
02-07-2013, 07:38 AM
The precats are super easy... Get 'em on Amazon, Bosch #13949x1 and #13952x1 for 2004 M3. $155 for the pair. Exact same part that dealer sells... RealOEM even says "BOSCH" next to the part # lol.

Took me 20 mins from opening to closing the hood on the ZHP. Dunno if they're similarly positioned on an S54, but it shouldn't be much different.

Thanks alexandre! :thumbsup I will be sure to get them ordered before replacing them in the ///M...

330i ZHP
02-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Your car really needs LSD and/or Brembo brakes

330i ZHP
02-07-2013, 08:18 PM
actually - I just read the furlough post - sorry to hear

derbo
02-07-2013, 10:04 PM

I see what you did there stu lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tnhl1989
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Here you go Charlie :)

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9048-3.46-Diffsonline-LSD-w-finned-diff-cover

cakM3
02-08-2013, 08:59 AM

Stuart, I PM'd you concerning the LSD.....would love to have those Brembo brakes but $4000 is hard for me to justify when I have already upgraded my brakes last year. Besides, I'm looking to change out my ///M seats for the Recaro Sportster CS or BMW Performance seats right now...

Tony posted the link to your LSD thread, which is why I sent you a PM. Dammit Tony!!!! You should be going for this... I've been getting lots already....someone should relieve me as the mad modder...:)

cakM3
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
My new BC Racing coilovers arrived thanks to UPS today :)

Now just to find some time to get these installed and refresh my suspension. I know how they handle from driving my ///M for the past three years with them so I'm looking forward to feeling them in the ZHP :thumbsup

danewilson77
02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Front and rear dampening adjustment. Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... .................

cakM3
02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes Dane all for under $1k including shipping. These, for the money, do an awesome job keeping the car firmly planted to the ground...:biggrin There are a few here on the forum who have driven my ///M w/ these coilovers :thumbsup

danewilson77
02-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Yeah....where did you get those? Linky? Is that a normal price for those....with camber plates?

cakM3
02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Got my set from BC Racing Superstore. Here's the link for the ones I ordered last week: http://bcracingsuperstore.com/product/bmw/98-06-e46/bc-racing-br-type-coilover-for-98-06-bmw-e46 (http://bcracingsuperstore.com/product/bmw/98-06-e46/bc-racing-br-type-coilover-for-98-06-bmw-e46)

Only thing I had to do was to order adjustable endlinks so that these would fit my ZHP. Wasn't taking any chances since the kit was labled for E46 M3. When I called BC Racing USA and talked to their BMW specialist, I was told this kit will work for all E46 and that my kit should have the adjustable endlinks (didn't). Anyway, no biggie considering the price I payed for these. I went ahead and got the Status Gruppe adjustable endlinks

http://www.statusgruppe.com/products/bmw-adjustable-front-sway-bar-links (http://www.statusgruppe.com/products/bmw-adjustable-front-sway-bar-links)

Looking forward to getting these installed....when I do, pics will be taken of the install process :thumbsup

$999 is the selling price for these, and yes... they all come with camber plates :thumbsup

nike001
02-12-2013, 04:30 PM
This is something I regret not doing.

I'm happy with my current suspension set-up but I wish I could adjust it... :/

johnrando
02-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Easy to adjust Charlie or do you have to take something off/apart?

danewilson77
02-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Naa....just use those knobs. Soft....or hard.

He would have to adjust height like any coilover. Pull tires on front/rears. I have to remove my perch in the rear to adjust. Fronts are simple.

johnrando
02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
:cool

cakM3
02-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I have no problems doing adjustments if need be but I do love how these coilovers have been working with the ///M so for me it was a logical move to get these for the ZHP when it was time to refresh my suspension. Unfortunately at 135k my ZHP's OE suspension is way overdue for a refresh so it's getting new coilovers :thumbsup

Once these are mounted, I'm planning to go another inch lower but that's about it. ZHP should look sweet lowered just a bit more :drool

cakM3
02-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Just got a few undamaged, in perfect condition, body panels for my ZHP this evening. A drivers front fender and door to be exact... both in Imola Red. :biggrin

It's been going on two years of ownership for my ZHP....'bout time I sorted this out!!! getting there guys/gals....;)

Avetiso
02-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't it have been easier to your existing body panels repaired and repainted? Not that it matters, just asking.

330i ZHP
02-17-2013, 05:12 PM
I will be curious to see how the paint matches between the two cars - having been exposed to different conditions

cakM3
02-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Wouldn't it have been easier to your existing body panels repaired and repainted? Not that it matters, just asking.

I got the new body panels much cheaper than it would have cost me to have my existing ones repaired and repainted...best part is that the replacement panels are the same color :thumbsup

Stu... the plan is to have my car in the shop later for a full respray but I would rather have undamaged panels to do the respray when I'm ready to do this...I will post pics when I have the new panels installed...

cakM3
02-18-2013, 07:07 PM
.... also picked up another set of BMW Performance Grills to swap out in late spring when I put all the "other" carbon fiber stuff on...:)

Looks like the ZHP will be getting a Coby alcantara rewrap (steering wheel, shift boot, and e-brake boot) -> Black alcantara w/ Imola Red stitching

edit: some of you may notice that I have pictures missing in both my projects threads. Right now I'm in the process of doing some file maintenance and in the process have broken the original links. In time I will have them all updated. The file maintenance needed to happen as my access to those files became difficult. Hopefully in the future this will no longer present a problem for me :thumbsup Thanks in advance for your patience....

cakM3
02-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Today through a very good friend, I was able to source OEM M3 18" front wheels for my ZHP. I plan to use these wheels as my winter wheels for the next few years. :thumbsup: I think it will be much improved over the wheels I'm currently using :cool

Also picked this up for my daily driver this evening :thumbsup
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2013-02-25at101609PM_zps75b1b371.png

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2013-02-25at101558PM_zpsab939996.png

johnrando
02-25-2013, 07:55 PM
:like

Ryans323i
02-26-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm a fan of M3 wheels! :thumbsup

cakM3
02-26-2013, 06:57 AM
I'm a fan of M3 wheels! :thumbsup

It's because of you that I'm getting these for my ZHP Ry-cakes! :) They look so good on Lucy....only made sense to have a set for myself. ;)

@ John, thanks bro! :thumbsup

Hermes
02-26-2013, 07:04 AM
ooohh... can I haz the modified for Assist oval mirror?

cakM3
02-26-2013, 09:41 AM
ooohh... can I haz the modified for Assist oval mirror?

Call me when you have time JP :thumbsup

cakM3
03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Yesterday I programmed my home link mirror to my garage door opener and calibrated my compass. Amazing that this mirror wasn't available with my ZHP and it programmed perfectly :thumbsup

Love having this mirror in my ZHP :biggrin

derbo
03-04-2013, 11:27 PM
That mirror is fantastic. :D I love mine and glad I replaced the original one with the thin clown nose version too.

BavarianZHP
03-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Ok, I really need to get that mirror!!! Is there one just like that but without the garage door opener buttons?

derbo
03-05-2013, 12:08 AM
Ok, I really need to get that mirror!!! Is there one just like that but without the garage door opener buttons?

Actually there is. They are a lot rarer. Compass + no homelink is a lot rarer than the homelink and no compass.

01 Rearview mirror EC / LED / Compass 1 09/2006 51169192333 $666.73

01 Rearview mirror EC / LED / GTO / Compass 1 09/2006 51169192335 is the garage door one.

cakM3
03-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Amazing just how much these mirrors cost if you went through BMW to get them. You can find these much cheaper through eBay :thumbsup

cakM3
03-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I will be doing a steering wheel rewrap for the ZHP soon. I have decided to go with something like this :thumbsup

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2013-03-05at110005PM_zps5657b511.png

Along with the steering wheel, I will be doing the shift boot and e-brake boot as well so everything will match inside. :)

328ioc
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
I will be doing a steering wheel rewrap for the ZHP soon. I have decided to go with something like this :thumbsup

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2013-03-05at110005PM_zps5657b511.png

Along with the steering wheel, I will be doing the shift boot and e-brake boot as well so everything will match inside. :)

Very nice chuck. I have begun to consider this also.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

BimmerWill
03-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Very nice! I may end up going alcantara at some point or another. Are you going to go with COBY?

johnrando
03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
That's really gonna look good Charlie. Are you matching the Red exactly to Imola? Regardless, :like

cakM3
03-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Very nice chuck. I have begun to consider this also.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Devlin, a good friend of mine did this and got his from Coby wheel, black alcantara with ///M tri-stitch and it looked awesome. I say do it if you can.

Very nice! I may end up going alcantara at some point or another. Are you going to go with COBY?

That's the plan Will. I have personally seen Mike's product and am quite impressed by the quality of craftsmanship. I plan to do this soon :)

That's really gonna look good Charlie. Are you matching the Red exactly to Imola? Regardless, :like

I'm in process of trying to get the right color red stitching to match, or at least as close as I can, the Imola of my ZHP. I think even if the color of the stitching is relatively close, it will still look sweet! :thumbsup

Guys, I really appreciate all the positive comments concerning my ongoing ZHP project. There's much more in store this year for this girl...;)

cakM3
03-09-2013, 06:17 AM
This morning I took the lit ZHP shift knob modded by deadlysyns (M3Forum) and installed it in my ZHP. Seeing how my ZHP is Imola, I feel this well modded shift knob will be more suited for the ZHP (red lights) :thumbsup
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/cc68a5a0.jpg

The LeatherZ lit ZHP shift knob was okay but is no where near as bright as my deadlysyns modded ZHP shift knob. :biggrin It will be going to another friend who can use this in his ZHP (pay it forward as they say) :cool

Dave_B
03-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Cool stuff, Charlie.

cakM3
03-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks Dave! :thumbsup

A few pics of installed lit ZHP shift knob

Low level lighting
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/nuqu4asa.jpg

Moderate level lighting
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/amyzupyd.jpg

Max lighting
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/mubury7a.jpg

cakM3
03-10-2013, 12:43 PM
This afternoon I sent payment for my new Coby Wheel, shift boot, and e-brake boot. It was bad enough I saw Brian's Coby Wheel, then Chad's.... They felt so wonderful I couldn't resist getting mine...:thumbsup I will be getting the black alcantara with red stitching for everything. The wheel will be red tri-stitch while the boots will be single boarder stitch. I'm quite sure that when I receive Mike's products, I will be very pleased with them :)

Brian's Coby Wheel
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Coby%20Wheel/BriansCobyWheel_zps9110eeca.jpg

On another note....my Status Gruppe adjustable end link shipped Friday and shoud be here sometime next week. Once I get this I will be able to install my new coilovers to my ZHP...:grooving

I am a man on a mission...:rockon

Torxuvin
03-10-2013, 12:48 PM
This afternoon I sent payment for my new Coby Wheel, shift boot, and e-brake boot. It was bad enough I saw Brian's Coby Wheel, then Chad's.... They felt so wonderful I couldn't resist getting mine...:thumbsup I will be getting the black alcantara with red stitching for everything. The wheel will be red tri-stitch while the boots will be single boarder stitch. I'm quite sure that when I receive Mike's products, I will be very pleased with them :)

On another note....my Status Gruppe adjustable end link shipped Friday and shoud be here sometime next week. Once I get this I will be able to install my new coilovers to my ZHP...:grooving

I am a man on a mission...:rockon

That's what she said...

:cheers Good luck on the mission.

cakM3
03-10-2013, 12:50 PM
That's what she said...

:cheers Good luck on the mission.

thanks buddy :ineedabeer

Tnhl1989
03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
At max lighting it seems to be a bit too red for my taste. However in a imola ZHP I think it is just right :)

cakM3
03-11-2013, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I agree Tony but how often are you maxing out your lighting intensity? I agree that this looks much better in my Imola ZHP however, thanks :thumbsup

JupiterBMW
03-11-2013, 04:31 AM
Charlie, always look forward to your newest mods, although sometimes its hard to keep up out here! I can't wait to get back to dry land so we can text again and I can hear the latest news from you. Hope all is well brother, talk to you soon!

Looking forward to seeing my Coby rewrap too, I've never seen a product from Mike that didn't look amazing!

cakM3
03-11-2013, 06:07 AM
I can add that Mike appreciates seeing others taking the time to do things right regarding taking care and modding their cars :thumbsup Your ZHP has been going through amazing changes Jon. Love the new wheels you have on it! :thumbsup

My Coby wheel will ship out today, got confirmation from Mike yesterday. :) I will have my new wheel mounted in my ZHP this week!

johnrando
03-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Looking good. We need a Charlie emoticon that says "keep on modding" like the old "keep on truckin" ones.

cakM3
03-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Looking good. We need a Charlie emoticon that says "keep on modding" like the old "keep on truckin" ones.

Funny John...:biggrin

Yeah....it's my cross to bear (modding) ;)

cakM3
03-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Just received confirmation email from Mike this morning that my new steering wheel will be sent out today. Got my tracking number so all I have to do now is wait :)

Here are a few pics Mike sent me of my new steering wheel. Going to look awesome in my ZHP!!! :thumbsup

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/mezynetu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/a8a7yrap.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/a4uny8yd.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/enemeze4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/re5avuha.jpg

Even got matching shift and e-brake boots to go with my new steering wheel :thumbsup Thanks Mike!!!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/pute8yny.jpg

Installed pics will be taken ;)

alexandre
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Bauce. :thumbsup Does he have access to imola stitching or he took the closest match ?

cakM3
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM
alexandre, it's closest match. I'm sure when I receive my new steering wheel, it will look perfect! :thumbsup

My Imola ZHP is getting one step closer to perfection.....one mod at a time ;)

Ryans323i
03-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Those are going to look great installed. Congrats Charlie!

cakM3
03-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks Ry! Going to look and feel awesome when I get this installed in my ZHP. I have seen Mike's wheels in both Chad's ZHP and Brian's M3 and have been impressed by the quality and feel of this wheel. I ended up going with Black Alcantara because I thought it looked so much better than the OEM Grey alcantara but added the red stitching to blend with my Imola ZHP. :) Once the wheel arrives, I will be using my DSLR to take "quality" pics of before and then after install...:thumbsup

I'm still amazed by the deals I have been either given or found in the past 6 months....for both my M3 and ZHP :p

Hermes
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM

what are you looking for, the small clown nose or the compass part? If you just want the compass get it done by radar-mirror.com, cheaper than the super rare new mirror.

Charlie, those parts from Mike look amazing. Can't wait to see them in your car

cakM3
03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
... Charlie, those parts from Mike look amazing. Can't wait to see them in your car

Thanks JP! There's much more to come.....the moddin' train is rollin' ;) :thumbsup

cakM3
03-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Just got word that my replacement driver's front fender got shipped out...should be getting this in a few days....then the replacement driver's door will be shipped next.

Also in waiting for my new Coby Wheel which should arrive sometime tomorrow....going to be an awesome week! :thumbsup

3ZHP
03-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Charlie, what happened to your old ones?

cakM3
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Charlie, what happened to your old ones?

When I purchased my ZHP almost 2 years ago, the front driver's fender was damaged as well as my front driver's door. Most people don't notice the damage because of the shine I put on her. It has been one of many things annoying me, which is why I have been the mad modder of late...

What I found weird is that the 2nd owner, a "BMW tech" got the car in this condition so who knows what the original owner did to the car. In the time he had it though, he did absolutely nothing to fix it either. Eventually, I will have all cosmetics addressed when I have my ZHP fully resprayed. This is in the future but it will happen....I want to have a daily that looks absolutely brand new, with a Charlie twist...:thumbsup

no stripes Ry ;)

Oh, and my adjustable end links arrive on Friday as well so I will be looking to install my new coilovers soon :cool:roundel

cakM3
03-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Well my Coby Wheel arrived today but I wasn't home to take delivery of it because I was at work... :/

Guess I will get my new steering wheel tomorrow since I will be staying home so I can receive it....

WOLFN8TR
03-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I hate when that happens! Dam...

cakM3
03-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks Gary, yeah unfortunately if you really want that package and avoid hassles then you have to take some time off from work just so you can take delivery of the said item...:/ Hopefully the delivery truck will come this morning so the whole day isn't a wash for me.

cakM3
03-14-2013, 05:00 AM
Update... my Coby Wheel arrived this morning! Now I can go to work and when I come home this evening, change out steering wheels! :biggrin

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/uma6e2em.jpg

I hate popcorn filler :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/6age9uma.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/uryra9ur.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/eda4ymu6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/a5azaty4.jpg

This wheel is awesome - turned out perfect. Thanks Mike!!!!

johnrando
03-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Looks great!

Ryans323i
03-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Fantastic! Glad it came pretty early this morning.

And, what? no stripes? We could be twins. Dang it, I'mma talk someone into doing this!

danewilson77
03-14-2013, 06:51 AM
No stripe? :shifty

cakM3
03-14-2013, 06:53 AM
sorry to disappoint.....no stripe...

danewilson77
03-14-2013, 07:22 AM
sorry to disappoint.....no stripe...

Naaaa. Not disappoint.......at all.

beautiful wheel.

330i ZHP
03-14-2013, 08:32 AM
cool

cakM3
03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
thanks everyone! :thumbsup

Tnhl1989
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
How close does that threading matches the imola I wonder. Photo op time Charlie ;) I hear Sunday is going to be really nice!

cakM3
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
I haven't mounted the new wheel because I had to get to work today. I will be mounting my new wheel once I get my new boots installed :thumbsup

cakM3
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Changing steering wheels in 30 degree weather sucks but I got my new steering wheel mounted tonight :biggrin

Now I know how my OE alcantara steering wheel felt brand new :thumbsup

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/15/e8y5ypy6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/15/uvysy4yh.jpg

I will get better quality pics over the weekend!

Torxuvin
03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I love it! I have been thinking about driving over to Coby's to get both cars done.

cakM3
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I love it! I have been thinking about driving over to Coby's to get both cars done.

dhu eeeet!!!!! When you do, please tell Mike in person that I really appreciated what he did for me! Mike is an awesome guy!!!

Ryans323i
03-15-2013, 07:18 AM
The wheel looks fantasticz!

derbo
03-15-2013, 09:43 AM
nice wheel :D

cakM3
03-15-2013, 09:54 AM
thank you sir :thumbsup

cakM3
03-15-2013, 01:10 PM
My adjustable end links came in today from Status Gruppe and so did my front driver's fender (in perfect shape) :biggrin

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/16/evuzydu8.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/16/a5yteta7.jpg

johnrando
03-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Nice. I found a song for you, with a slight change of lyrics. "On and on, he's just keeps on modding... on and on". Keep leading the charge Charlie!

http://youtu.be/3oByMiF4hPg

cakM3
03-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Nice John.....nice! :) :thumbsup

danewilson77
03-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Nice John.....nice! :) :thumbsup

Did you have to use the adjustables w/ the BC Coilovers?

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

cakM3
03-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Did you have to use the adjustables w/ the BC Coilovers?

Dane,

Not taking any chances in installing these. When I ordered them, I selected the coilovers for a non-M 3-series and when I received my package the coilovers were for an M3. I called BC Racing USA to confirm and they told me that the coilovers will work w/o any issues and the package I ordered should have adjustable end links, which my package didn't have. So I ordered adjustable end links just to cover my bases. Going to install these as I have had them for 3 years on my ///M.

danewilson77
03-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Dane,

Not taking any chances in installing these. When I ordered them, I selected the coilovers for a non-M 3-series and when I received my package the coilovers were for an M3. I called BC Racing USA to confirm and they told me that the coilovers will work w/o any issues and the package I ordered should have adjustable end links, which my package didn't have. So I ordered adjustable end links just to cover my bases. Going to install these as I have had them for 3 years on my ///M.

Got it.