PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have wheel studs?

Rock Nova
10-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Has anyone tossed their wheel bolts in favor of a stud conversion? Studs just seem like a much better idea to me - easier to work with in getting wheels on/off, less chance of screwing up the threaded holes in the hubs, etc.

If you have made the switch what did you use? Turner? Vorshlag? ARP?
What length? 75mm? 80mm? 90mm?
If you used them on the stock wheels, how much did the studs protrude from the wheel?

I'm thinking if this is safe and not too much hassle, I want to put this on the "to-do" list, but I don't want to end up looking like Spy-Hunter! :)

zj96sc
10-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Sorry, no firsthand experience but I'll offer what I know.

I think they're a very common mod, especially for guys who spend a lot of time swapping back and forth between stickies and streets, etc. I think they look pretty sweet to boot.

I've had it on my "wants" list for a while. If/when I do it I'm going with turner's offering.

The lengths are dependent on the spacers you're running, for no spacers I understand 75s to be fine. There are lots of threads on e46f if it would help.

edit:

these are 90mm vorschlag studs on TRmotorsports C2s with no spacers, courtesy of spiffman on e46f:

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr48/drboboh/IMG_0077.jpg

Rock Nova
10-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks, zj! So it appears that 90mm are a bit too long for my taste - that is good to know!

GMATT
10-26-2011, 02:23 PM
I am running the 90's with style 264 wheels(1 series) think they look bad azz!

Much easier when changing wheels or brakes. ( which I will be doing in future track events)

danewilson77
10-26-2011, 02:31 PM

Much easier when changing wheels or brakes. ( which I will be doing in future track events)

Matt....hook it up with a lil stud DIY. Include you set the studs and with what.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Hornung418
10-26-2011, 03:17 PM
This would be a fun mod :)

ryankokesh
10-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Omg that would make things sooooo much easier!

http://tremendousnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/omg.jpg

Has anyone ever tried to put a wheel on in the dark? Hardest thing in the world. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVAzhp
10-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Omg that would make things sooooo much easier!

http://tremendousnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/omg.jpg

Has anyone ever tried to put a wheel on in the dark? Hardest thing in the world. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i can only imagine. this has been one of those things i've wanted to do but haven't "pulled the trigger" due to more necessary things. looks like i'll be going with 90's in case i run spacers in the future which is a big possibility.

Rock Nova
10-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Let's see them! Those in the picture above just look to race car-ish for me, especially since mine will never see a track.

Because Street Car! :)