PDA

View Full Version : Cheap, new, authorized car audio -- I have an "in"!

Radarcontact
10-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey guys,

My friend Greg in Miami is an Air Traffic Controller, like me, but he also does some really awesome custom audio install work. I was talking to him the other day and I asked him if I could offer "barely above dealer cost"to the fanatics. He got back to me yesterday and said he would do it!
I sent him a list of stuff I thought fanatics would be interested in, and he's working up a price list for me as I write this. All prices will include free shipping if you mention my name, "RadarContact" in your email. That way he will know where the business is coming from, and will honor the lower prices.
He isnt a retail seller, which means it may take a week to get the product you want, if it's not something he keeps on hand. But all merchandise will be brand new, and fully warrantied by the manufacturer...he's authorized, in other words.
I'll post a price list of the components I asked him about in a few days. Expect stuff from DLS, Arc Audio, Massive Audio, and maybe some others...:thumbup:
(I also posted this to my buds on e46fanatics)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AProudSailor
10-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Very cool of you, good job looking out for our team!

johnrando
10-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the offer. We also have a thread called "mafia hookups" so you may want to post in there, or in or "deal threads", which is a little more generic than a mafia hookup.

Radarcontact
10-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Here it is. To order, contact Greg at southeastcustomz@aol.com. First, please read the restrictions at the bottom of the pricing sheet.
*No haggling.
*Shipped CONUS only; FREE if you mention “RadarContact” when ordering.
*PayPal fees are paid by the buyer.

The list - 2287

Radarcontact
10-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Ooops, sorry John. I read your post after I posted.

ADMINS - feel free to move the thread wherever you think it'll do the most good!

BTW guys, I'm not making anything off of this except for maybe a DLS hat or t-shirt or something like that -- no $$. As of now, any transactions are between you and my buddy Greg. Just wanted to share the wealth!

DirtyPillows
10-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Kool offer. BTW I'm in school right now training to be an ATC. Just thought I tell you :D

Radarcontact
10-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Kool offer. BTW I'm in school right now training to be an ATC. Just thought I tell you :D

Really, where at? That's great! Study hard; it's no joke, huh?
I have been a controller since 1988. I absolutely love the job! The only time I hate going to work is when there's something I want to get done to my car! Lol

echo46
10-09-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm interested, thanks.

DirtyPillows
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Really, where at? That's great! Study hard; it's no joke, huh?
I have been a controller since 1988. I absolutely love the job! The only time I hate going to work is when there's something I want to get done to my car! Lol

I'm studying at Community College of Baltimore County. They have a 2 year CTI program here and have lots of great equipment. Right now its just starting for me so they are pretty much teaching us how to fly so we understand what pilots going through. There is a lot of stuff to learn but all of it is extremely interesting so it makes it easier to take in.

Radarcontact
10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Well good luck to you! :)

johnrando
10-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Ooops, sorry John. I read your post after I posted.

ADMINS - feel free to move the thread wherever you think it'll do the most good!

BTW guys, I'm not making anything off of this except for maybe a DLS hat or t-shirt or something like that -- no $$. As of now, any transactions are between you and my buddy Greg. Just wanted to share the wealth!

No worries at all, just thinking that might be a good place as well, no need to move it. You might just want to post a link to this thread in that one.

Radarcontact
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Here it is. To order, contact Greg at southeastcustomz@aol.com. First, please read the restrictions at the bottom of the pricing sheet.
*No haggling.
*Shipped CONUS only; FREE if you mention “RadarContact” when ordering.
*PayPal fees are paid by the buyer.

The list - 2287

Greg asked me to use a different, updated, email:

greg@southeastcustomz.com

Cheers!

Radarcontact
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey John, where are those forums? I couldn't find them...

johnrando
10-24-2011, 06:26 AM
The Deal Thread

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?647-The-Deal-Thread-Save-Money&highlight=hook-up

Mafia "hook-ups"

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3196-Mafia-quot-hook-ups-quot&highlight=hook

bullfrogs_M3
10-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Hey Radar, can you speak on the performance/sound of the component speakers? IE: they sound like, BSW, Alpine, etc...

Radarcontact
10-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Frogs...I'm afraid that's a question that can't be answered honestly, by anyone. Let me explain.

I can take speaker A and install it slightly different in two cars and get two completely different sounds from it. And what sounds "bright" to me might sound "mellow" to you. VERY subjective.

I can say this, though. Mass-produced speakers (what I call mid-fi - Sony, JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, lower lines of Boston, Alpine, etc.) are produced to make money in much larger ratios than smaller "esoteric" brand speakers. In other words, you get more value from the lesser-known brands. Here's an analogy, although maybe not a good one: if you ask someone what a good quality brand of bicycle is, they might say SCHWINN. If you,ask them what an OK band is, they might say HUFFY. Both SCHWINN and HUFFY make mass-produced bikes, with SCHWINN being the better brand, lets say. SCHWINN bikes are proportionately higher priced and proportionately better, but HUFFY bikes are proportionately cheaper and proportionately crappier. Both companies work off of a 65% profit margin relative to their pricing. NOW, ask someone who REALLY knows about bikes and they may answer TREK, or CANNONDALE. These companies operate on a smaller scale, make much better bikes, and only look for a 30% profit margin. So if you can afford it, you would want the CANNONDALE or TREK, right? Same thing with speakers, believe it or not.

I think, personally, that if you have pretty good amounts of amplifier power (100+ watts per channel for the fronts/mains), then you will be AMAZED by the RM6.2 by DLS. They are a little power-hungry, that's the down-side.
This is a system that should cost SO MUCH MORE, but doesn't! Killer mid-bass punch, mellow and smooth top end, high quality construction from Sweden; Germany, Sweden, and Denmark are where some of the best sounding speakers (not subwoofers) are produced.

Hope that helps.

Radarcontact
10-25-2011, 04:41 PM
The Deal Thread

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?647-The-Deal-Thread-Save-Money&highlight=hook-up

Mafia "hook-ups"

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3196-Mafia-quot-hook-ups-quot&highlight=hook

Got them linked. Thanks for the info and help, buddy! ;)