PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP with 65k miles - $17,800 (TX)

idreamofbimmers
08-04-2011, 07:47 AM
What do you think of the mods?
Worth the price?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?listingId=70448653&aff=national&CMP=usedInv

webster
08-04-2011, 08:00 AM
this listing was already posted here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3942-For-Sale-BMW-2004-330i-ZHP-Black-TX-Car

i sent the owner an email asking about general availability last week, he responded with the usual "yes it's still available, call or email to set up a test drive"

i responded with an email that had some basic questions: how many owners, any accidents, more pictures, flexibility on price, but he never responded. maybe he thought i was giving him the 3rd degree too soon, i donno. at any rate, doesn't seem like a motivated seller.

idreamofbimmers
08-04-2011, 08:07 AM
He's been responding to me... bottom line price is 17k...
There's another car in NY same year and mileage for 15.3... no mods though.

Not sure the mods are worth it to me

webster
08-04-2011, 08:12 AM
that pisses me off! i even told him i was in texas and wasn't more than a 2-3 hour drive to come take a look at it.

oh well, i don't want a sedan anyway.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-04-2011, 08:13 AM
As a general rule, I don't like buying modded cars.

As a seller, I realize, and assume, that I will not get my mod money back if I leave mods on the car when I sell. That's why I keep all stock parts. I sell my mods independently after I sell the car. Bring the car back to stock and then sell it. That's the best advice I can give to a seller.

As a buyer, if I do buy a modded car, I will not give the seller much for the mods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

idreamofbimmers
08-04-2011, 08:14 AM
^^ I agree with that!

danewilson77
08-04-2011, 08:30 AM
As a general rule, I don't like buying modded cars.

As a seller, I realize, and assume, that I will not get my mod money back if I leave mods on the car when I sell. That's why I keep all stock parts. I sell my mods independently after I sell the car. Bring the car back to stock and then sell it. That's the best advice I can give to a seller.

As a buyer, if I do buy a modded car, I will not give the seller much for the mods.

What if the mods are BMW performance products?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Marcus-SanDiego
08-04-2011, 08:47 AM
What if the mods are BMW performance products?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

I'll give you an example. I sold my car with BMW performance intake and brace on the car. I told the seller that I was removing them and putting stock air box back on. New owner wanted them. I sold them for $200 each. I left them on car as a result.

So, even there I was going to remove them. If the new owner didn't care about those I don't think I would have got an extra 400 by leaving them on the car.

My point is that you never know if the next owner wants the mods. Easier for me to remove and sell. That way I don't have to worry about it.

BimmerRules!
08-04-2011, 10:36 AM
He's been responding to me... bottom line price is 17k...
There's another car in NY same year and mileage for 15.3... no mods though.

Not sure the mods are worth it to me

Is this the Millerton, NY listing? thx