PDA

View Full Version : For Sale (SOLD): 2005 BMW 330 zhp

sspin1
07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I have a black 2005 330i zhp for sale. It has 82,000 miles on it. Alcantara interior. Manual transmission. Has ipod hook up. The interior is flawless including the shift nob and steering wheel. Just replaced the brakes all around with slotted drilled rotors, ceramic break pads. Tires are practically new as well. There are just a few flaws on the exterior mainly a scrape on rear and front bumpers. No problems at all with car, just too small for me. looking to get 14500

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd439/sspin1/BMW%20ZHP/IMG_3572.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd439/sspin1/BMW%20ZHP/IMG_3570.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd439/sspin1/BMW%20ZHP/IMG_3569.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd439/sspin1/BMW%20ZHP/IMG_3566.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd439/sspin1/BMW%20ZHP/IMG_3565.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd439/sspin1/BMW%20ZHP/IMG_3564.jpg

Mtnman
07-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Get some pics up, and this car should go fast. Also, Maintenance history if you have it. and welcome.

sspin1
07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Thankyou, I will as soon as I clean it up

jone34s52t
07-27-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm going to be in DC this weekend and am actually in the markets for a 4D MT. PM me pictures....

BCS_ZHP
07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Sspin1,
If needed, call me. I'll be happy to look the car over for any out of area potential buyers.
Bruce
703-232-8535

nrc123
07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
PM Sent.

danewilson77
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
PM Sent.

Good to see you diving in Neil.

:chuck

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Testarossa
07-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Nice car. GLWS

BCS_ZHP
08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Okay, I inspected this car and drove it yesterday (Monday) for Neil in St Louis, but he decided to bow out due to the distance factor and the additional costs of transportation.

I also passed info along to Ranger in Atlanta but he's found a couple of promising prospects down his way, I think he can solve his search right in his own back yard. (And if you don't, call me on that one we talked about.)

And then a local DC person is interested but I don't recall his timeframe for completing a deal. The current owner, Spencer, asked me to post my opinion because he's ready to move on to another non-ZHP car -- he wants a 5-series or a MB 5-series (i.e, the bigger car with an automatic and a softer ride).

So here goes, a very nice car with some minor cosmetic items to address over time or ignore if you aren't so anal:

- all body panels original, I found no signs of paintwork anywhere; paint shines well and should really pop more if you put a 3-stage detail on it
- small bumper scuffs on front right & left rear of bumper, no big deal; scuffs on the bottom of the front bumper, we all have that, its inevitable
- the trim piece on both fog lights missing, not an expensive item and a pop in fix
- all mechanical issues on this car have been addressed and/or are in good condition - brake rotors, pads, & fluid new; tires good BFG G Force; FCABs good; ball joints tight; belts new; Vanos seal new; valve cover gasket new; coolant looked fine; I suggested a DISA cleaning, Spencer took care of that; nothing I can think of that needs attention mechanically
- interior is damn near perfect for a 6-7 year old car; some minor alcantara sag/looseness in the bottom sides of the driver's seat on the bolsters (see the photo at the top), that's it
- passenger side front window regulator is slow, will eventually need replacement

During my inspection, I noticed the 3800-4000 stumble in lower gears and a slight lag when accelerating from 2000-3000 rpm in higher gears, and pointed this out to Spencer. My suspicion was a dirty DISA valve or needing a S/W update to the DME. Spencer looked at it this morning, the air filter was replaced and the DISA valve was very dirty (which he cleaned), so he said now the car accelerates like a rocket (as they should). He actually started having second thoughts of selling after those easy fixes because he said it performs so much better now.

The car has the cold weather package and the rear parking assist, I didn't think to look if it had adaptive xenons or not. The only other option I noticed that wasn't there was NAV. If you want an 83K mile car that has had all of its maintenance brought up to date, this is a very nice car at a fair price. Its turn key mechanically and then address the minor cosmetic items as you see fit. And it drove tight and true like it should, the acceleration hesitation was the only curious flaw I found and Spencer said he rectified that this morning.

His reasons for selling are threefold: (1) DC traffic has him wanting an automatic, (2) he feels he's too big to ride in a 3-series (he's not a huge guy but he is taller); and (3) he's gotten to a point in his life where the stiffer sporty suspension of a ZHP is not his cup of tea.

Good luck to all the sedan searchers, Spencer is ready to move on this one and I don't see it lasting very long @ $14.5K, its well sorted out.

BCS_ZHP
08-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Forgot the steering wheel condtion, its not perfect, shows its got some mileage on it but is about appropriate for its age and in no way does it need a replacement right away. Just don't expect it not to have a few lint balls, it does, but its not terribly worn away like some I've seen.

idreamofbimmers
08-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Nice car... I'm in bethesda... I'm tempted... but the mileage is a bit high and I'd need to get rid of my GTI ... :-/

sspin1
08-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Sold the car today! Thank-you all for the interest. I'm not sure how to edit the post so it will show sold in the heading.

BCS_ZHP
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Spencer,
Congrats on the sale, I'm looking forward to seeing your next ride.

For the forum members, a true car aficionado, the couple of things I pointed out to Spencer he went right home, researched them and fixed them the next morning so the new owner would not have any issues. Wish there were more like him.

Bruce