PDA

View Full Version : The BMW 330 ZHP resale value

SoarinZHP
07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Word up Mafiosos - Most of our cars are at least 6 years old and still have phenomenal resale value for their age. They are spectacular machines and many of us would agree they are best in breed from BMW. Let's take a moment to thank our mob-boss. I believe specialty forums and websites draw attention to our 'not-so-special' BMW's and play a part in the retained value.

Thank you, Boss!

danewilson77
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you Boss.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Yep. I've talked about that with others before. This site, and the members of this community, help resale values. We educate people so that they understand why these cars are worth paying up for.

Additionally, our behavior on this site also helps resale values. Would-be buyers are less likely to put the screws to you when they're negotiating with you. You're seen as friendly and professional. Similarly, buyers will eventually turn into sellers down the road. They will also benefit, down the road, from this situation. It's a nice circle.

We may not be a huge community but those who come across us almost always say the same thing (I hear it in person and I see it online): we're different (in a good way). We're doing something right. It's appreciated.

I built a forum. You guys created a community.

static667
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
It's great to be a part of it, boss. :grouphug

SoarinZHP
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I built a forum. You guys created a community.

Amen Boss Man

Newjack
07-20-2011, 06:20 PM
:praise

ecrabb
07-20-2011, 08:18 PM
I believe specialty forums and websites draw attention to our 'not-so-special' BMW's and play a part in the retained value.

This is all well and good if you own your ZHP already... If, like me, you're still looking for one, then it kinda sucks! ;)

Seriously, I'm feeling like I need to hurry the hell up and buy this car, because it seems like the awareness may be on the upswing. Maybe it's psychological, or is it... Have there been a rash of WTB posts, or is it just me?

Anyway, the flip side is that I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable buying one of these cars knowing I have this awesome community to get advice from.

Regardless, thumbs up to you guys!

SC

Marcus-SanDiego
07-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Steve, it could be psychological -- or not. :biggrin

There have been quite a few WTB threads lately. Definitely correct on that.

And, no matter what, you're right about this community.

SoarinZHP
07-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Ecrabb - The right car will come along... It may take more time than you want, but it will. I probably paid more for mine than I should have, but it was 'the one.' You will know it when you see and drive it. A good indication will be that funny feeling in your pants.

BATMAN
07-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Ecrabb - The right car will come along... It may take more time than you want, but it will. I probably paid more for mine than I should have, but it was 'the one.' You will know it when you see and drive it. A good indication will be that funny feeling in your pants.

Strange... I got the same feeling with mine!

At the time I felt like I paid too much, but I was also naive about the car at the time. This forum has helped me further understand what I have, how to care for it, and definitely keeps it in the forefront of the market.

Thanks again, BOSS!

Marcus-SanDiego
07-21-2011, 06:43 AM
You guys are welcome. I just pay for the general upkeep and maintenance of the site now. I do a little housecleaning around the site, too.

If you guys weren't here, though, I wouldn't have to do any of it.

Thanks for making this your home (or a vacation home if you're spending more time at other forums).

johnrando
07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Reading the E90 vs E46 article someone mentioned, it seems the appreciation for E46 ZHP is definitely on the upswing.