PDA

View Full Version : Good Shops in MD to Get Safety Inspection

llll1l1ll
07-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Hey Mafia,

Not sure if this goes here or not (maybe in Maintenance?)...

Anyway, I was curious if anyone in the Rockville/Bethesda area in Maryland knows of a shop to get a ZHP inspected at? I've heard that the MD safety inspection is a bit tough. I'm used to NC where they just check the lights and parking brake and pass me. My friend had some troubles with his Ford Explorer, but that thing needed new brakes, had a crack in the windshield, and had some leaks. The ZHP I'm buying just needs new rear tires and has no other issues that I spotted.

I'm confident the car will pass, but I'd just like to avoid the Dr. Josef Mengele of Maryland Safety Inspections and take care of any issues as I see fit.

Thanks!

danewilson77
07-19-2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?556-List-of-indie-BMW-repair-shops-by-city-amp-state

tbjzhp
07-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Hey Mafia,

Not sure if this goes here or not (maybe in Maintenance?)...

Anyway, I was curious if anyone in the Rockville/Bethesda area in Maryland knows of a shop to get a ZHP inspected at? I've heard that the MD safety inspection is a bit tough. I'm used to NC where they just check the lights and parking brake and pass me. My friend had some troubles with his Ford Explorer, but that thing needed new brakes, had a crack in the windshield, and had some leaks. The ZHP I'm buying just needs new rear tires and has no other issues that I spotted.

I'm confident the car will pass, but I'd just like to avoid the Dr. Josef Mengele of Maryland Safety Inspections and take care of any issues as I see fit.

Thanks!

I just had my ZHP MD safety inspected at River Road Service Center (Getty Station) in Bethesda. It is a thorough inspection, they only issue on mine was cracking drive belt which they replaced for a reasonable amount. Ask for Danny - 301-986-1228

llll1l1ll
07-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks, T. I'll try them.

I was thinking, I might try avoiding a shop that specializes in BMWs as they might find extra things wrong and charge me extra, rather than a non-expert who will simply do the basics.

tbjzhp
07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
FYI - they do own AutoBahn Motorworks, which is a BMW/Porsche shop located right behind the Getty Station. I have had oil service and PPIs done at Autobahn and found them to be pretty good as well, but they of course charge more.....

Good luck