PDA

View Full Version : Why no spoiler on Verts and do they look silly?

BlackNTan
07-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I always wondered why 3 series convertibles don't come with spoilers. Anyone know why? I did search for this on the forum since I wanted to ensure this hasn't been addressed earlier.

Second question, do you think it would look silly putting one on a convertible? (I'd probably order one from Bimmian)

Thanks!

GSEN820
07-18-2011, 02:49 PM
I have seen them as recent as the BMW CCA clean car show on an M3 vert. Looks really good. I have also seen CSL trunk which looked pretty good.

I ordered one for my vert last weekend. I will post pics once its on.

danewilson77
07-18-2011, 02:59 PM
I think it would look good.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BlackNTan
07-18-2011, 03:10 PM
I ordered one for my vert last weekend. I will post pics once its on.

Did you order one from Bimmian or if not where are you getting yours from? Thanks.

johnrando
07-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Did you order one from Bimmian or if not where are you getting yours from? Thanks.

I ordered one from ECS for my VERT and getting it C/F wrapped by Nacho.

EDIT: to be clear, I'm talking about the lip spoiler, not that bigger spoiler that is in 3 pieces that goes across the whole rear of the car.

BlackNTan
07-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Yes John, just the lip spoiler (no whale tail for me!). Did you paint yours of leave it black. Does it look the same as the Coupe version?

GSEN820
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I was going to order from Bimmian (ordered some parts from there last month, still have not received them should be here this week) looked online found a place (wont reccomend till prodict is in hand).

I saw modbargains had a Carbon fiber one that looks legit.

GSEN820
07-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Oh yea if you find one it will need to be sedan or vert. Coupe is different (as Dave 2M auto given me this information).

danewilson77
07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Dhu eeeeeet.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

johnrando
07-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes John, just the lip spoiler (no whale tail for me!). Did you paint yours of leave it black. Does it look the same as the Coupe version?

I ordered a VERT version and I guess it looks similar to the coupe version, but I wasn't really paying attention to that. Also, I am having it wrapped in carbon fiber to match my (yet to be installed) carbon fiber diffuser.