PDA

View Full Version : Locking System giving me problems - 2002 325xi

M0nk3y
07-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I know this isn't the right section...but it's starting to be panic mode for me.

Car is "sold", as I have a deposit. I will have all money for the car in 2 weeks. Anyways I came across this problem and I've been scratching my head since it happened.

Buyer left and I was pulling the car back inside. I had to grab some paperwork in the backseat so I went to try to unlock the door. Nothing.

Ok, I figured it was a dead battery in the remote, so I opened up the driver door (the only one unlocked at this time) and went to the central locking button and tried to press it to unlock all doors. Nothing (Hazards light do work, so it's plugged in).

So I went to my last resort, go and try to pull the handle of the door twice to open the door. NOTHING.

The doors are completely locked and for some reason nothing is unlocking them. This occurs for all 3 doors (passenger and 2 rear). Manually trying to open the doors by pulling the handle twice does nothing.

The car HAS been sitting for awhile, can anything cause this? Fuses are all good.

Can disconnecting the battery reset everything? Urgent response is needed.

johnrando
07-11-2011, 07:14 PM
And manually opening the locks with the key doesn't work? I've never heard of this. I GUESS disconnecting the battery wouldn't hurt, but IDK, sorry.

pleasecorrupt
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
+1 somethings my fob doesnt work for passenger doors and i go to press the unlock on center console and it doesn't respond, had me thinking I fked up something wiring my AEs, now I just don't know

M0nk3y
07-11-2011, 07:26 PM
And manually opening the locks with the key doesn't work? I've never heard of this. I GUESS disconnecting the battery wouldn't hurt, but IDK, sorry.

Nope, going through the door and trying to open them through there doesn't work either. Just opens the driverside.

az3579
07-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Try to disconnect the battery, though I do not think that will yield any results. You should still be able to open the door by the handle on the inside if it was an electrical issue, as the handle physically forces the lock open. Perhaps the guy who test drove it set the child safety locks to test and forgot to put them back, and then on top of it this issue occurred? Is the actual lock "pin" recessed into the hole or is it "open" but the door itself just won't open? Can you open any of the doors from the inside at all, including the front passenger? What about from the outside? Do all, including the front passenger, have the "pin" up or down? Does the driver's side do anything with the remote?

Quick search yielded this. I'm not sure if this will help (I'm at work so I don't have time to read through it) but I think it might provide some useful info:
http://www.bmwgm5.com/Door_lock_schematic.htm

EDIT: just did a quick read and I think this is the problem you're having:
http://www.bmwgm5.com/

danewilson77
07-12-2011, 04:36 AM
When you disconnect battery...touch terminals together for 5 minutes.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

M0nk3y
07-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I'll try the disconnect battery, but from the sounds of it...I'm going to be shelling out some big money for this Stupid GM5 Module

danewilson77
07-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Damn.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

3ZHP
07-12-2011, 02:41 PM
I had the same problem on my 99 323I. Landed up being a modal that the Stealership had to diagnose and replace. Boy did it get mama pissed when she had to crawl over the seat to get out. My ears still hurt. I'll see if I can find and paperwork with cost and part #.

M0nk3y
07-12-2011, 02:47 PM
I had the same problem on my 99 323I. Landed up being a modal that the Stealership had to diagnose and replace. Boy did it get mama pissed when she had to crawl over the seat to get out. My ears still hurt. I'll see if I can find and paperwork with cost and part #.

Will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sockethead
07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I'll try the disconnect battery, but from the sounds of it...I'm going to be shelling out some big money for this Stupid GM5 Module

This guy repairs them or you can just get the module relay and do it yourself.

az3579
07-12-2011, 03:37 PM
This guy repairs them or you can just get the module relay and do it yourself.

Same link I posted, so it must be a good quality source. Thanks for the +1, Rob.

Johnmadd
07-12-2011, 06:35 PM
My e30 does that sometimes when I don't use the locks for a while. Try repeatedly locking and unlocking the drivers door with your key, sounds dumb but it does actually work for me, ill keep doing it and all of the sudden it just starts working and keeps working until I don't use the locks again for a while.