PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 330i ZHP, Silver/Black leather, 6MT, 95.5K mi, $10,995, Canoga Park, CA

ELCID86
07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
caveat emptor

http://www.carweek.com/dealer_listings_details.cfm?inventory_condition=&Referrer=Carweek%2ECom&showAuctions=false&DealerID=713&escapeHeader=No&szinventory_id=237902&certifiedOnly=false
VIN:WBAEV53444KM05319

From Marcus: "It has red needles, silver cube trim, zhp shift knob, etc. Also has Alcantara seats. Looks like a ZHP. Someone changed the wheels on it, though."

ecrabb
07-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Looks pretty rough. Seeing what some of these cars are selling for, I think you could find a LOT nice car for a couple grand more, and with fewer miles.

It does look like a ZHP with xi wheels on it though.

SC

Kudos
07-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't see what looks so rough with it?

On second look, it does have some cosmetic damage to front bumper but nothing else looks wrong with it..

ecrabb
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Sorry, I probably over-stated a little, and I'm speculating.

The photos are pretty low-resolution, but I can see flaws here and there... Besides the front valance being loose, I can see what looks like rash on the right-side splitter. The interior looks super-shiny like it's been Armor-All'ed to near-death. The headlight lenses are extremely hazy... Then there's the wheels and tires. Probably swapped out because they others were worn and the owner didn't want to spend the money to replace the staggered set, so he/she just got cheap take-offs instead. That, or they were stolen.

All I know is that photos - especially low-res photos - can hide a lot of flaws. If the photos are revealing some flaws, then there are bound to be many more flaws which aren't showing up in the photos.

Then, there's maintenance... If the appearance wasn't maintained at all, it's probably a safe bet mechanicals haven't been maintained, either.

I'd bet money this care isn't anywhere near as nice any other car on this forum - and that includes much higher-mileage cars. Just guessing, but that's my guess.

I'd still go look at it if it were close, though.

Cheers,
SC

BimmerRules!
07-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Sorry, I probably over-stated a little, and I'm speculating.

The photos are pretty low-resolution, but I can see flaws here and there... Besides the front valance being loose, I can see what looks like rash on the right-side splitter. The interior looks super-shiny like it's been Armor-All'ed to near-death. The headlight lenses are extremely hazy... Then there's the wheels and tires. Probably swapped out because they others were worn and the owner didn't want to spend the money to replace the staggered set, so he/she just got cheap take-offs instead. That, or they were stolen.

All I know is that photos - especially low-res photos - can hide a lot of flaws. If the photos are revealing some flaws, then there are bound to be many more flaws which aren't showing up in the photos.

Then, there's maintenance... If the appearance wasn't maintained at all, it's probably a safe bet mechanicals haven't been maintained, either.

I'd bet money this care isn't anywhere near as nice any other car on this forum - and that includes much higher-mileage cars. Just guessing, but that's my guess.

I'd still go look at it if it were close, though.

Cheers,
SC

Very astute observations SC! :)

das boots
09-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Made a follow-up on this thread. I have a auto broker who is deals with cars on what I find. He contacted the dealership and talked to the manager. My broker did a Carfax and came out clean. However, this car has been sitting in the lot for quite some time now. The manager is not willing to work with my broker who works for my financial company. The way it is suppose to work is the broker will acquire the car and ship it over here to San Diego. Then I will have the car PPI. If it passes and I still like the car, then we sign the papers. And if it does not pass PPI or I am not interested to pursue, then the car is shipped back to the dealership. Evidently, the dealership is hiding something that they do not want exposed. They are probably waiting for a fish to hook on this car. So, I move on......Thanks for listening.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Lawrence, thanks for the heads up.