PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY...

az3579
05-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Let me let y'all in on what I accomplished tonight. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl right about now. A couple of months worth of on and off working on this project, and finally, results...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/az3579/Misc/2011-05-13_20-08-56_301.jpg

^^ Let me give you a hint. The Xenons are on in this pic...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/az3579/Misc/2011-05-13_20-09-58_757.jpg

^^ Another hint. The Bi-Xenon highbeams are on in this pic...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/az3579/Misc/2011-05-13_20-11-10_985.jpg

^^ Yep, those windows are going up...

Pic 1: Sidemarker delete. Turn signals no longer light up when lights are on, only when turning.
Pic 2: Xenon highbeams with fog lights on. This isn't possible with the factory configuration.
Pic 3: Windows roll up with the push of the lock button twice (2nd time hold) on the remote. In stock configuration, they only went down when you pressed the unlock button twice (hold 2nd time), but no way for them to go up other than holding the key in the right-most position in the door lock.

kayger12
05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Nice work, BP.

Gotta be awesome to be able to program that stuff yourself.

az3579
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Nice work, BP.

Gotta be awesome to be able to program that stuff yourself.

Let me tell ya, I was jumping for joy when I tested this stuff and it worked. I love computer projects, so to actually have results just blew my mind.

It was so much simpler than I thought. It took month's worth of on and off research to determine just what the process is for using this software. The info wasn't easy to find, and thanks to pleasecorrupt, he led me to the crucial bit of info on how to program whatever I need; how to use NCS Expert. Couldn't find this info anywhere. Don't know if I was using the right terms or what, but of course after he sends me the info, I find plenty of hits on Google. Go figure... :rolleyes

pleasecorrupt
05-13-2011, 04:25 PM
heyyy you got the roll up works. congrats :)

az3579
05-13-2011, 04:31 PM
heyyy you got the roll up works. congrats :)

Yep. And all you did was send me the directions for that; I got 3 for one. lol

pleasecorrupt
05-13-2011, 04:31 PM
"Pic 3: Windows roll up with the push of the lock button twice (2nd time hold) on the remote. In stock configuration, they only went down when you pressed the unlock button twice (hold 2nd time), but no way for them to go up other than holding the key in the right-most position in the door lock."

Actually if you just hold the lock button once it'll go up. Pressing it twice consecutively would actually deactivate alarm if you have one. just fyi :)

az3579
05-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Actually if you just hold the lock button once it'll go up. Pressing it twice consecutively would actually deactivate alarm if you have one. just fyi :)

Thanks for the correction. I don't have alarm, so I wouldn't know. I figured it would be the same process as opening the windows, as those won't roll down with a single press.

danewilson77
05-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Well done BP. Well done......

Are you providing services of this nature at the meet?

az3579
05-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Well done BP. Well done......

Are you providing services of this nature at the meet?

If requested, yes. I'm bringing the computer with me regardless, in case anyone decides they need some coding done, as is mentioned as a note in the reunion thread.

danewilson77
05-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Very gracious of you Chap. Well done again!

johnrando
05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Good stuff!

Johnmadd
05-13-2011, 05:36 PM
I hope your a pro at this by the meet, I definitely want the window roll up programmed.

az3579
05-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I hope your a pro at this by the meet, I definitely want the window roll up programmed.

Easy. Hit it on my 2nd try (first try I forgot to do something to actually write it to the module).
Just make sure your battery is in good shape; it takes all of 2 seconds to code a module.

Johnmadd
05-13-2011, 05:47 PM
I am very excited to see what you can do with that program of yours.

az3579
05-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I am very excited to see what you can do with that program of yours.
Here's a link to the list of available things to program. A lot of it doesn't make sense because of the way it was translated from German, but I already have a shortlist of things I want to try that I've never seen mentioned on any forums.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnhS6mc0qh_MdEtLb2VDUmZJWTk5R0NmWWJHRXJWa Xc&hl=en&authkey=CJyaz_QG#gid=0

I've read through the entire list and tomorrow I plan on testing the following:

ANZAHL_WASCHBET_ZUR_SRA Number of washes on screen until headlight wash GM5 M3 2003 Vert 5
BC_DIGITAL_V if activ activates digital speed display on dash.
BIXENON_EIN_BEI_LICHTHUPE Flash to pass is bixexon & halogen together ALSZ M3 2003 Vert nicht_aktiv
KM_SERVICE_INTERVALL Service interval distance
KOMFORTOEFFNEN_FB_O_SHD Holding open button on remote opens windows without sun roof GM5 M3 2003 Vert nicht_aktiv
MAUT_ZU_STOP_N_TUER_AUF Allows windows to be operated when door open if not aktive
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK 1-touch turn signal (1/3 blinks)
PARK/NEUTRAL_EINGANG clutch safety switch bypass & start allowed by ews in park or nuetral
POLLING_ZEIT_L_SCHLOSS Time Button Pressed Before Trunk Open GM5 M3 2003 Vert 10ms

TEST WITH:
BL_UND_BLK_H_GEM_BLK brake light & blinking rear turn light together when braking

spencers
05-13-2011, 07:08 PM
That's funny BP. I did the same thing today (just the comfort window close, though).
I changed the comfort open to NOT include the rear vent windows (coupe), so only the front windows and sunroof opens/closes. WIN!!!

I also updated my sister's 2000 323Ci DME, as well as my dad's 2001 Z3 DME.

BTW- Google search for "NCS Dummy."
It takes the TRC and MAN files and displays everything to English.

az3579
05-14-2011, 03:47 AM
That's funny BP. I did the same thing today (just the comfort window close, though).
I changed the comfort open to NOT include the rear vent windows (coupe), so only the front windows and sunroof opens/closes. WIN!!!

I also updated my sister's 2000 323Ci DME, as well as my dad's 2001 Z3 DME.

BTW- Google search for "NCS Dummy."
It takes the TRC and MAN files and displays everything to English.

1. What program did you use to do the DME update? What's the procedure?
2. I was going to use NCS Dummy before, but I couldn't for the life of me understand it. This was before I understood how to use NCS Expert. Now that I know how to use NCS, I'll give Dummy a shot.

Mtnman
05-14-2011, 04:54 AM
Botond. Good work! Tampa did something that I need done, and would love to do it at the meet. I need my inner flash to pass bulbs to light up when the stalk is pushed forward (for the high beams) I changed to depos, s have to hold the stalk towards the ddriver for highs now....

Can you do that? Should i get the codes from tampa before i come, or is it that easy?

spencers
05-14-2011, 06:20 AM
1. What program did you use to do the DME update? What's the procedure?
2. I was going to use NCS Dummy before, but I couldn't for the life of me understand it. This was before I understood how to use NCS Expert. Now that I know how to use NCS, I'll give Dummy a shot.

WinKFP, http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1581998

After realizing that only the DME is updated via that method, I'm going to go back and update the automatic transmission computers in those cars tonight or tomorrow.

nike001
05-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Definitely do the Halogen flash to pass lights to come on with the bi-xenon. I have it on mine w/ bi-xenon + HID fogs and I can see for days

static667
05-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice work, BP. Any kind of programming stuff is way over my head.

cakM3
05-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Props BP! Yeah, I'm interested...that's some mad skills you have there! I would be afraid of trying this myself...

az3579
05-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Props BP! Yeah, I'm interested...that's some mad skills you have there! I would be afraid of trying this myself...

Not really what I would call skills; all the instructions for it are online all over the place (including this thread), though not everything is as cut and dry as it says. Sometimes you'll come across issues that you'd have to diagnose yourself, but that's highly unlikely if you're using the same of everything (same cable, same software, same OS, etc.).

I just had to do a bit of digging for a while for everything to link up and work.