PDA

View Full Version : Transmission reliability question...

TRELO
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Ok question for you guys. I've only owned manual bmws until I got my Trailblazer SS (which the transmission on that thing is a ticking time bomb and mine was just about to blow.) So im just curious on trans issues or problems if any with these steptronic cars. I want to drive it spirited in tiptronic but im afraid of killing the reliability of my trans etc...

any input would be great Thanks!

danewilson77
05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Autos are not as longevity proven as manuals.

I think we are out of the woods when it comes to www.noreverse.org, but other issues seem more prevalent on the early models. Not sure if it was due to improvement or mileage. Probably mileage.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

TRELO
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Ya I was just curious, cause on my truck it was known that at 60k you would see problems - I was at 90k and started to realize it was slipping a bit so thats all I'm wondering...

Ill drive it like a crazy and whatever happens happens!! Good thing I have an indy shop!

danewilson77
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
You may want to think of doing the tranny fluid refresh with a new filter and magnets, nice and early....

Mtnman
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Definitely get that fluid changed. I have 143k on my step and its going strong. I dont drive it in step mode much, unless im trying to save gas. Ive found it shifts quiker in full auto.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk