PDA

View Full Version : Commute story...

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 04:39 AM
There are three I/R ZHPs in my town. One is owned by a fool who put on hideous 19 or 20 inch rims that make me cringe every time I see them. They're those rims you see advertised in Honda magazines. Not that there's anything wrong with Honda, or their aftermarket magazines. Another is owned by a CCA member. We've tried to meet up before via the njcca site, but it never happened.

Waiting at a light this morning, I see a ZHP coming my way on my right.

The ZHP pulls up, stops, rolls down the window. Sitting in the driver's seat is a lovely woman who looks down at my hideously dirty and marred winter wheels. She eyes them up as if to say, "What the hell are those?" Now, I'm not sure how to put this, but this woman had a presence of someone I didn't want to disappoint. Her reproachful look at my wheels made me feel ashamed.

I responded - "They're my winter wheels." She nodded in approval. We took off for the next light.

She started the second conversation, too. "Have you seen the other one in town with those rims?! I want to drag him out of the car and beat him up for it!"

hahahahahahhaha

She's awesome! Oh, and the cleanliness of her ZHP put mine to shame, but that'll all change in a week. AND her car convinced me to debadge.

mb

kayger12
04-19-2011, 05:03 AM
Great story-- now let's get her signed up with the Mafia!

M3TA5IN
04-19-2011, 05:05 AM
I recommend you marry her.

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 05:48 AM
I recommend you marry her.

We are definitely in different age brackets, but I'll see what her status is.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Marc, what kind of age gap are we talking here?

M3TA5IN
04-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Cougar?

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 06:04 AM
That sort of passion for BMWs knows no age.

I can't comment on the age gap - no idea.

johnrando
04-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Definitely marriage material... great story!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Marc, regardless, you need to invite her to the site (if not out to dinner). We will delete the posts here. Hehe.

danewilson77
04-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Great story.

I bet...

1. She doesn't work
2. She doesn't take care of her own car.

Just saying you shouldn't be ashamed.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Great story.

I bet...

1. She doesn't work
2. She doesn't take care of her own car.

Just saying you shouldn't be ashamed.

Dane, I don't know. She seems to be into the car.

Marc will have to let us know after the first date. hehe.

danewilson77
04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
:rofl. That would be epic.

Crickett
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Ahh, Imola Red love :wub

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Ok, gentlemen, let me be clear: she's definitely old enough to be my mother, and there's an off chance she's old enough to be my grandmother.

Now, not that there's anything wrong with that, but this line of conversation is _just_not_right_.

I didn't want to up and blurt that out, but like the best of us, you just had to bust my nuts, didn't you all? hahaha I appreciate it.:cheers

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Gray cougar for the win!

We love ya, Marc.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 01:58 PM
When she rolled down the window and basically scolded me with her eyes because I had aftermarket wheels on the car, I felt like I was 8 again and I had just broken a lamp.

danewilson77
04-19-2011, 02:00 PM
:rofl

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 02:02 PM
When she rolled down the window and basically scolded me with her eyes because I had aftermarket wheels on the car, I felt like I was 8 again and I had just broken a lamp.

You got a visual spanking. Hehe.

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I am NOT going to relay the text message conversation I had with her throughout the day. We had been in contact months ago through the NJCCA forums and apparently she had my #. Didn't know it was her in the car (never met her) until I got a text later in the morning.

Again - NOT going to relay it. And you can't make me nono.

It is honestly so classic that you couldn't possibly make it up. I'm trying to figure out how to write a column about it without offending anyone.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 02:20 PM
LOL. I'll be looking for your column on it.

MasterC17
04-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Uh oh - looking forward to column :rofl

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 03:19 PM
IF I can turn it into readable narrative, it wouldn't show up until late summer/fall. I write the things months in advance because the boss says to.

kayger12
04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
This thread just keeps getting better and better. :)

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Yep. Gotta have those stories in the can.

By the way, guys, be careful with Marc. One of us could be spun into the cougar yarn. Hehe.

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
haha damn right. The site as a whole is represented in June or July (can't remember which).

I'd really like to come to the east coast meet to tell that story, too.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I hope you're able to make it, Marc. Would be a pleasure to meet you. We're crossing our fingers.

Mtnman
04-19-2011, 06:47 PM
wow. too bad i worked 11 hours today and missed all of this transpiring. Marc, im in for a good story. She sounds like she is in to her car. no other reason to scold you visually.... this sounds like it could be a great "yarn" ....to maybe use an old south verbage. come east in june and we will all sit around DW's campfire and listen attentively.

zhpnsnv
04-19-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm working on it. Have to see if I can take a day off work that Friday.

danewilson77
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Sooooo...next time you see her.....I fully expect you to slip her...

A zhpmafia business card.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 04:34 AM
I don't have any of those...

It's actually funny. A while ago I saw a thread about taking pictures of your business cards on/in your cars. I whipped out my business card and started thinking. Then I opened the thread and saw the Mafia cards. This was new to me, cards for a forum.

danewilson77
04-20-2011, 04:40 AM

It's actually funny. A while ago I saw a thread about taking pictures of your business cards on/in your cars. I whipped out my business card and started thinking. Then I opened the thread and saw the Mafia cards. This was new to me, cards for a forum.

Send me a sase...and I will send you some.

kayger12
04-20-2011, 04:40 AM
I've got some-- PM me your address and I can mail some off to you if you like.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-20-2011, 06:24 AM

You know how we do it, Marc. Always doing things a little differently. You never know when you'll meet someone with another ZHP.

kpro
04-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Sooooo...next time you see her.....I fully expect you to slip her...

A zhpmafia business card.

HAHA!!! I can't believe I missed this thread! Marc, we'll see you in June...you'll get Friday off :)

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Yes, I can definitely take that Friday off, technically. But new job, new place, trying to get a feel for if it's a good idea, if you catch my drift.

I'm weird in that I'm not one for taking days off unless they're specifically given to me. I blame my mother and father.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Give me the number for your boss, Marc. :biggrin

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Here's how I plan to present it: "Roundel is sending me to a club event to write a feature or column."

It's mostly true. I will write about the event.:innocent

I'm 99% sure it'll be fine to take that day, but I won't say I'm coming until I know for sure.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Marc, that works great. I think we'll be seeing you there.

az3579
04-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Yes, I can definitely take that Friday off, technically. But new job, new place, trying to get a feel for if it's a good idea, if you catch my drift.

I'm weird in that I'm not one for taking days off unless they're specifically given to me. I blame my mother and father.

Me neither, I usually don't want to take days off if it's unpaid.

Want to caravan to the meet?

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes! Let me get a final answer next week and we can figure it all out. I imagine we'd meet up with Keith somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az3579
04-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes! Let me get a final answer next week and we can figure it all out. I imagine we'd meet up with Keith somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked him on the forum but I don't think I got a response; I don't remember. lol

kayger12
04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm gonna be heading down a day early, gents-- to help Dane out with the setup and prep.

In for a caravan home, though.

Mtnman
04-20-2011, 05:42 PM
You mean your going to go drink beer with dane Thursday night while the rest of danes family prepares the house for the meet.......don't lie, keith.....

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Fair enough. 3 ZHPs going to the same place at the same time is just suspicious, especially with the name of the event being what it is:devilish.

In college I used to do this job in the summers where I'd take some friends up to NY and we'd go around in rented trucks picking up kids' summer camp luggage and bringing it all up to their camp. It was great fun and great pay for two total days' work (to camp, from camp). Anyway, we called it "the bag job."

One night, on the way to "the bag job" I had two friends in my '93 Explorer (manual, thank you very much) when I got pulled over for having a headlight out (it went out that day). Officer approaches the car, which I'm driving with one of those Rastafarian fake dread lock hats, and asks where we're headed. Me, the idiot I am, say, "The bag job." He says, "The bag job, eh?" I could only utter, "Ah, that doesn't sound good, does it?"

No ticket.

Why was I wearing a fake dread lock hat? Why not?

Marcus-SanDiego
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Haha.

kayger12
04-20-2011, 05:52 PM
You mean your going to go drink beer with dane Thursday night while the rest of danes family prepares the house for the meet.......don't lie, keith.....

Well, someone has got to make sure the beer is good.:innocent

kayger12
04-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Fair enough. 3 ZHPs going to the same place at the same time is just suspicious, especially with the name of the event being what it is:devilish.

In college I used to do this job in the summers where I'd take some friends up to NY and we'd go around in rented trucks picking up kids' summer camp luggage and bringing it all up to their camp. It was great fun and great pay for two total days' work (to camp, from camp). Anyway, we called it "the bag job."

One night, on the way to "the bag job" I had two friends in my '93 Explorer (manual, thank you very much) when I got pulled over for having a headlight out (it went out that day). Officer approaches the car, which I'm driving with one of those Rastafarian fake dread lock hats, and asks where we're headed. Me, the idiot I am, say, "The bag job." He says, "The bag job, eh?" I could only utter, "Ah, that doesn't sound good, does it?"

No ticket.

Why was I wearing a fake dread lock hat? Why not?

Classic. Love it.

static667
04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Here's how I plan to present it: "Roundel is sending me to a club event to write a feature or column."

It's mostly true. I will write about the event.:innocent

I'm 99% sure it'll be fine to take that day, but I won't say I'm coming until I know for sure.

Hopefully you'll be able to make it. This is shaping up to be a rather epic event.

By the way, your column in Roundel rocks. :headbang

Mtnman
04-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Well, someone has got to make sure the beer is good.:innocent

ahhhhh, now you are volunteering to be the court jester that also samples the king's food to make sure its not poisoned? lol

zhpnsnv
04-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Hopefully you'll be able to make it. This is shaping up to be a rather epic event.

By the way, your column in Roundel rocks. :headbang

Thank you for the kind words!:roundel

I always thought I had 2 readers - my father and my best friend, both CCA members. Make that 3! :applause2

I wish I could put these smiley things in Roundel. Mr. Carlson wouldn't approve. nono

Marcus-SanDiego
04-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Make that four.

az3579
04-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Five.

zhpnsnv
04-21-2011, 03:36 AM
:thumbup

Off to go get the new tires mounted on the 135s, then perhaps dropping them all off at the refinisher...

OR detail all day.

I love choices on days off, especially when they involve this stuff!

danewilson77
04-21-2011, 03:44 AM