PDA

View Full Version : Independent Repair Shops in San Diego

CPHES
10-06-2023, 01:21 PM
Looking for recommendations for an honest and good independent shop in San Diego - really for a r53 Mini, but I figure that any shop that makes a ZHP guy happy would be close enough. If this is not the right place to post this, please move it there.

John in VA
10-06-2023, 02:04 PM
Check with Carl Nelson & crew at La Jolla Independent - http://www.bimmerdoc.com/

CPHES
10-06-2023, 06:54 PM
Sadly, that’s who I was using. They are very nice people, but I had a bad experience. I am looking for a new shop.

John in VA
10-07-2023, 04:55 PM
That's a drag. I trust you discussed the issue with them?

das boots
10-07-2023, 08:14 PM
Euro Auto Spot in Miramar. (858) 635-9063

CPHES
10-08-2023, 07:13 AM
Thanks - and I did speak with La Jolla Independent. I am in NY, and my daughter has the R53. They did work, she said it felt wrong, the issue was not discovered / understood. I flew out, and did the diagnosis - fix. We spoke afterwards as well. If I was in San Diego, not NY, this might end differently.

das boots
10-08-2023, 07:43 AM
Thanks - and I did speak with La Jolla Independent. I am in NY, and my daughter has the R53. They did work, she said it felt wrong, the issue was not discovered / understood. I flew out, and did the diagnosis - fix. We spoke afterwards as well. If I was in San Diego, not NY, this might end differently.

There are others that I can recommend..... Shops that let you Purchase the part(s) and the shop does the labor. This is my route since I know what needs to be done. Purchase the parts from FCP Euro and the shop does their thing.

John in VA
10-08-2023, 02:29 PM
You're lucky - there are fewer & fewer shops willing to use owner-supplied parts, even when good quality. They miss an opportunity to sell you parts & have to assume liability for a "dead out of the box" part.