PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ZHP Sedan 6-spd

maxm50
07-19-2023, 01:47 PM
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a ZHP! Here's what i'm looking for. Please let me know if you have one for sale or know of someone who might! Please PM me or email me at maxm50@gmail.com.

BODY STYLE: Sedan only.

TRANSMISSION: 6-spd manual ONLY

COLOR: Anything except black. Red considered but not my favorite. Ideally would love Silver Gray Metallic.

INTERIOR: Anything, leather slightly preferred over cloth/alcantara. Natural Brown leather is my favorite, but I know it's rare...

DESIRED OPTIONS: Heated seats desired desired but not necessary.

LOCATION: I'm on the west coast (CA Bay Area), but I'm willing to travel for the right car if you are willing to be very communicative and share lots of pics/video for a remote purchase.

BUDGET: Up to $20k for the right example, but let's be reasonable about what the car is worth. I'm not a lowballer but I don't want to overpay either. Willing to pay for a well-cared for car. I have funds ready.

Thanks!
Max

fredo
07-19-2023, 03:04 PM
Hello, Max. Welcome to the forum and GL with your search.

cakM3
07-20-2023, 02:21 AM
Max, finding lower mileage 6MT sedans are getting harder as the years go by. You can find 6MT sedans if you're willing to put in some work and money to fix issues. It depends on just how far into the rabbit hole you're willing to go. Good luck on your search! :thumbsup

maxm50
07-24-2023, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Low mileage is not a requirement. I'd even consider ones approaching 200k if they are well-documented and well-cared-for (or cheap!)

TrKy3
07-24-2023, 10:05 AM
Join the ZHP FB group.
There are some posted there from time to time.

maxm50
07-28-2023, 06:05 AM
Edited to say heated seats are "desired" but not required.

TrKy3
07-28-2023, 08:11 AM
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-ana-2003-bmw-330i-zhp/7647514547.html

This seems like a steal. If it wasn't on the other side of the country I would buy it just because of the price.

Fried_Chicken
07-31-2023, 12:55 AM
Oh wow that OC car looks tempting af

TrKy3
07-31-2023, 06:06 AM
Oh wow that OC car looks tempting af

As long as clean title, you really can't lose at that price.

maxm50
08-02-2023, 09:44 AM
As long as clean title, you really can't lose at that price.

Yeah, I talked to this seller the day his posting went up. Nice guy but didn't strike me as totally honest. The hood has clearly been hit between the kidneys (visible in pics), and when I asked him if it had any dents/dings/body damage, he said "no".

Seemed to be in a rush to sell, hence the low price.

There's also SOMETHING weird going on with the rear left quarter panel on that car. If you look at the pics closely you'll see that it's almost like that side had bad bodywork - the wheel flare extends much further up the quarter panel on that side. Super weird. Might just be a trick of the camera, but the reflections don't "kink" they way they should on that panel. It was also visible in a second photo that he sent to me.

Anyway, I got super excited about it but I'd rather pay a few grand more to avoid bodywork / paint work. He said it sold the following day.

TrKy3
08-02-2023, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I talked to this seller the day his posting went up. Nice guy but didn't strike me as totally honest. The hood has clearly been hit between the kidneys (visible in pics), and when I asked him if it had any dents/dings/body damage, he said "no".

Seemed to be in a rush to sell, hence the low price.

There's also SOMETHING weird going on with the rear left quarter panel on that car. If you look at the pics closely you'll see that it's almost like that side had bad bodywork - the wheel flare extends much further up the quarter panel on that side. Super weird. Might just be a trick of the camera, but the reflections don't "kink" they way they should on that panel. It was also visible in a second photo that he sent to me.

Anyway, I got super excited about it but I'd rather pay a few grand more to avoid bodywork / paint work. He said it sold the following day.

Agreed, rather do mechanical work, than body work any day.

veryDisco
08-25-2023, 05:44 PM
2004 Silver-gray sedan I am starting to prepare for high end sale. Will sell as-is,
2 owner
6 speed
no snow
needs cosmetics, unmolested
dbkase gmail
Thanks

veryDisco
08-25-2023, 05:49 PM
i have what you want but on east coast. 2 owner, no snow, 6 speed silver gray, needs age cosmetics, heated seats, leather
dbkase gmail

maxm50
08-30-2023, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I just took possession of a ZHP that I bought through Autotrader yesterday. The seller found me via this forum posting. So, a success! It's silver grey on grey leather, fully loaded (cold weather + leather + sunroof). I'm just digging into the typical E46 replacements (DISA, coils, plugs, etc), but after that I hope it'll be well-sorted!

fredo
08-31-2023, 06:05 AM
Congrats! Good to hear the search is over. Please post pics when you have chance.