PDA

View Full Version : Alcantara interior price check - Calling all Canadians?

BavarianZHP
07-26-2022, 03:03 PM
I'm wondering what I should expect to sell fairly good condition alcantara seats in Canada for.

These are heated + powered + folding rear seats. Door cards, headrests, and side bolsters (not pictured yet) could all go too.

Car was never in an accident, no issues with seats that I am aware of: no airbag light issues, powered, heated functions all work, not a spot of rust, seats are smooth across rails, no creaks, squaks, or rattles, no rips or tears. Just some casual wear on side bolster. Non-smoker, no pets, no kids, etc... As such, rears are almost perfect. Fronts aren't shabby either.

https://imgur.com/a/gXxCgUy

I'm much more interested in selling to Canada as these command a premium? as this interior was never really offered, and due to climate conditions, is preferred over leather. Another Canadian E46 owner said a 325i with this interior swap sold for $12k recently, only due to the interior, and thought I could get $6k for it. WTF, I was floored. I was expecting $1.5k at the very most. True or fairy tale? :ninja

az3579
07-26-2022, 04:27 PM
I sold an entire alcantara interior set consisting of front heated seats, folding rears, and door cards a few years ago in excellent condition for $1k.

An alcantara interior doesn't make a 325 worth 12 grand. Either a lot more was done to the car or it might just be attributed to the Canadian market simply being different to the U.S. There are so many factors at play.

If you're in the U.S., selling in Canada might not even be worth the hassle/effort. Shipping is expensive and I'm sure there's some kind of customs stuff to get around as well...

You should probably hit up places like Kijiji to see if you can find anything comparable.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

BADCLOWN
07-27-2022, 09:20 AM
I mean, aside from a cleaning they appear to be in excellent shape.

you'd have to find the right person in terms of a buyer, but I believe that interior would bring a pretty good price. You just don't see it coming available often. I compare it to the M-cloth alcantara interior in the E46 M3.

BavarianZHP
07-27-2022, 11:55 PM
I live really close to the border - about an hour away and I've gotten many BMW parts from Canada since the USD is fairly strong in comparison to CAD. Selling the interior in Canada won't be a problem. I'll see if there's any interest in Canada, even if I get $1.5k I would be extremely happy. I was expecting closer to $800ish.

orange260z
08-06-2022, 08:25 AM
If you're in the U.S., selling in Canada might not even be worth the hassle/effort. Shipping is expensive and I'm sure there's some kind of customs stuff to get around as well...

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

BP, you forgot to mention all us sketchy Canadians :ninja