fredo
04-27-2022, 12:10 PM
Exciting news. GLWS !

cakM3
04-27-2022, 02:47 PM
GLWS Zach! :thumbsup

BMWCurves
04-27-2022, 03:56 PM
GLWS! Hopefully it fetches a pretty penny and goes to a worthy home!

fredo
05-04-2022, 09:37 AM
sold for $9,600.

John in VA
05-04-2022, 11:39 AM
sold for $9,600.

What was the price when listed here?

TrKy3
05-05-2022, 04:35 AM
I think $15k.

zhp4life
05-06-2022, 08:24 AM
nice/well kept car, surprised it fetched so low on a auction platform where as the owner is claiming he put more than 20k into the car (ouch if true!). He could have easily fetched more by a private party.
auction platform are worse specially BAT where prices are super inflated. Those were good days when you can fetch a resonable car from private party
and negotiate in your favor but I heard sellers getting greedy :). any way we should stop making these auction platform rich folks(they are taking away your lunch and for free)

E46 M
05-06-2022, 09:37 AM
20K into it is complete BS. Where's the justification for this claim? The guy didn't even replace the cooling system at such high mileage and no records of it being done... really?

The guy clearly got the car with the intention of making a profit which is fine except when you try to do it in front of an enthusiast community, you get called out and righteously so, especially with lying about how much money he's invested.

This car sold so low because of all the cosmetic issues and the fact that it's an automatic. However, it's a really nice and rare color combo so even being automatic, it could fetch much more money if the cosmetic issues were to get addressed - headliner, pillars, cup holder and other interior bits, all of the exterior damage, etc. Maybe even a manual swap but that's not even necessary because there will always be someone who wants an auto ZHP.

My hope is that it's been bought by someone who will keep it, fix the issues, and enjoy it... not try to lie and make stupid money off of fellow enthusiasts.

Cheers

E46 M
05-06-2022, 09:42 AM
PS. His commitment and appreciation towards the community is clearly demonstrated by the fact that he hasn't even logged on this site since he shared the C&B link. Might not sound nice of me to say this but I'm happy that he didn't double his money under these circumstances and I truly hope this car is in good hands now.

cakM3
05-06-2022, 10:08 AM
The guy clearly got the car with the intention of making a profit which is fine except when you try to do it in front of an enthusiast community, you get called out and righteously so, especially with lying about how much money he's invested ... not try to lie and make stupid money off of fellow enthusiasts.

I have been on this forum long enough to see this sort of shit happen from so-called enthusiasts. In fact one forum member here bragged to me about how he got an enthusiast's car and parted it out for profit when I purchased a part from him. This same so-called enthusiast was called out on this forum by another member here and that member ended up getting a three-day suspension for calling this person out. Those types of people are out there to make a profit from others. That's the reality unfortunately... I have absolutely no respect for those types of people and wouldn't trust them once they have been identified as such.

TrKy3
05-06-2022, 12:47 PM
Maybe he meant $20k including price of car. I know who he bought it off of, I believe he paid around $10k.
I do not know the actual dollar value invested, but it was def. more than $5k.

I just sold my auto (w/ a bit less mileage) for $15k. I had replaced literally everything on that car though.
Cosmetics def. go a long way. If he had the bumpers resprayed and changed some of the interior trim he would have gotten $15k.
I wanted to see pictures of the subframe plates, if those aren’t welded correctly - you run into issues. I was interested in manual swapping it.

iya_e46
05-07-2022, 03:38 PM
I have been on this forum long enough to see this sort of shit happen from so-called enthusiasts. In fact one forum member here bragged to me about how he got an enthusiast's car and parted it out for profit when I purchased a part from him. This same so-called enthusiast was called out on this forum by another member here and that member ended up getting a three-day suspension for calling this person out. Those types of people are out there to make a profit from others. That's the reality unfortunately... I have absolutely no respect for those types of people and wouldn't trust them once they have been identified as such.

One of the newbie from the the FB and IG groups lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk