PDA

View Full Version : 2004 ZHP Convertible 6MT Silbergrau with Hardtop 126K Central NC

wstr75
02-24-2022, 06:38 PM
Located in Central North Carolina
$9200 OBO

2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP Convertible 6-Speed Manual transmission
126k VIN: WBABW53454PJ95705
Includes:
• Removable Hardtop
• OEM Windscreen
• Zippered bag for storing Windscreen
• OEM Garage Ceiling hoist with OEM hardtop storage bag

Have owned car seven (7) years since February 2015. Car had approximately 107K miles when I purchased.
• Original BMW Navigation
• Cold Weather Package
• OEM rear parking sensors in bumper

New BMW rear emblem
DISA rebuilt with G.A.S. kit at 123K
New ZHP shift Knob replacement at 110K
New Bilstein Sport Shocks at 110K
New Control Arms at 110K
New Bushings at 110K - Suspension completely re-done at 110K miles
New chrome front grilles at 126K
Coolant expansion tank replaced at 125.6K miles
G.A.S. tank cap
Coolant level sensor replaced at 125.6K miles
New Mass Airflow Sensor at 125.6K miles
Brake pads and rotors replaced at 107K miles
New VDO Fuel Pump at 120K miles
New Xenon Light bulbs and re-worked wiring at 115K miles
New valve cover gasket at 107K miles (no leaks)
New oil pan gasket at 107K miles (no leaks)
Replaced original Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel with leather steering wheel
Transmission fluid change at 107K miles
Water pump replaced by prior owner
Thermostat replaced at 107K
Oil filter housing gasket replaced at 107K miles
New Front Bumper at 115K (original snagged on a parking bump stop and rather than deal with 115K miles underside chewed up bumper + further damaged by the snagging, my body shop friend convinced me to buy a new equivalent bumper without reflectors). I have the original bumper.
New steering guibo at 120K miles
New driveshaft guibo at 115k miles
New Z4 front bushings at 118K miles
New intake boots at 124K miles
Convertible hydraulic pump replaced at 107K miles (immediately after purchase in February 2015)
No missing pixels as Navigation Screen replaced at 110K
Convertible batwings replaced 2021

Removable hardtop. Hardtop headliner replaced in 2021
BMW OEM garage hoist for removable hardtop
OEM Slip over cover for hardtop
BMW OEM windscreen
Zippered OEM storage bag for windscreen

Convertible roof goes up and down without issue. Removing and re-installing the hardtop is an easy one-person job thanks to the BMW OEM ceiling storage hoist in my barn.

Additional Facts:
• In 2017 we ran over a bungie cord and one end’s hook immediately embedded in the right rear tire. The bungie cord other end’s centrifugal force scratched up the area around the right rear wheel while we were rapidly stopping the car. No metal damage, only paint damage. The complete right side of the car was repainted afterwards.
• Wheels have normal rash associated with 126K miles
• Interior bolsters have wear associated with age and miles. No rips or tears.

Additional Components included with sale:
• Intravee system
• Bluebus (not installed and still in original shipping box)

Car runs great. Shifts beautifully. Handles like a dream. It is beautiful E46 eye candy in hardtop form, in ragtop form or with the top down.

Reason for selling: My bride and I own five vehicles and are trimming the herd here in our late 60s. Our 435iX convertible owned since 2018 is our summer fun drive. The ZHP was my fun weekend errands vehicle (wife can drive manual, but prefers not to because we live in a hilly area). I love driving my ZHP. Age is catching up to me and a recent 2021 Ridgeline purchase is better suited to my weekend efforts.

Will work with prospective buyers to facilitate Pre-Purchase Inspection. I'd love to see this wonderful car go to a ZHP enthusiast with non-BaT tastes i.e. a working car driven for fun anytime and any distance.

TrKy3
02-25-2022, 11:35 AM
Nice car, nice price.
Should sell quickly.

wstr75
03-12-2022, 12:02 PM
Additional information:
The alternator has also been replaced during my ownership.

The car got 30.1 miles per gallon last May when I drove it modestly on a 240 miles 85% highway trip during the time when the Colonial Pipeline was hacked and gas was hard to find in North Carolina. It gets significantly better fuel mileage than my 435iX and this is giving me second thoughts about selling with all the recent fuel inflation. It should score slightly improved fuel mileage now since replacing the Mass Flow Sensor and rebuilding the DISA with the G.A.S. kit recently.

For those having questions about the BMW OEM ceiling hoist and hardtop removal/re-installing, these pictures show the installation in my pole barn and the hardtop cover bag. The lifting cross bars fit into eyebolts that screw into the four (4) positions underneath the covering flap door access points. The shorter cross-bar attaches to the front of the hardtop (windshield end) and the longer attaches to the rear of the hardtop.

The attached pictures show one of the attachment doors opened and also when closed. I remove/install the hardtop as a one-man operation. The hardtop was originally from a crashed M3 black sapphire metallic convertible (hardtop was obviously not on the M3 when it crashed) and I had it re-painted to the silvergrau color (A08) of my car.

mfran615
04-05-2022, 06:27 PM
Additional information:
The alternator has also been replaced during my ownership.

The car got 30.1 miles per gallon last May when I drove it modestly on a 240 miles 85% highway trip during the time when the Colonial Pipeline was hacked and gas was hard to find in North Carolina. It gets significantly better fuel mileage than my 435iX and this is giving me second thoughts about selling with all the recent fuel inflation. It should score slightly improved fuel mileage now since replacing the Mass Flow Sensor and rebuilding the DISA with the G.A.S. kit recently.

For those having questions about the BMW OEM ceiling hoist and hardtop removal/re-installing, these pictures show the installation in my pole barn and the hardtop cover bag. The lifting cross bars fit into eyebolts that screw into the four (4) positions underneath the covering flap door access points. The shorter cross-bar attaches to the front of the hardtop (windshield end) and the longer attaches to the rear of the hardtop.

The attached pictures show one of the attachment doors opened and also when closed. I remove/install the hardtop as a one-man operation. The hardtop was originally from a crashed M3 black sapphire metallic convertible (hardtop was obviously not on the M3 when it crashed) and I had it re-painted to the silvergrau color (A08) of my car.

A fellow CCA member is interested in this but is not a mafia member. Please let me know how he can contact you. Thanks.

wstr75
04-06-2022, 07:18 AM
Thank you for this inquiry. After going through considerable repair expenses the past two months and family discussions, yesterday my bride and I decided we cannot part with our ZHP.

Our thanks to the three parties who reached out with buying interest in our car. Two parties are particularly interested in buying a 6MT ZHP convertible with greater than 100k miles. If you have such a vehicle, contact me and I’ll forward these parties contact information to you.

fredo
04-06-2022, 12:26 PM
Good decision about keeping the ZHP. :thumbsup