PDA

View Full Version : FS - 2003 330i ZHP 6MT - IR/Alcantara - 243K - $8,000 - Seattle

jiggz
01-27-2022, 10:23 AM
No affiliation.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-zhp-sedan-6mt/7438106837.html

Kappybmw
01-27-2022, 12:35 PM
I've been in contact with the seller (nice guy), but I'm not sure on the price. Any expert opinions out there?

fredo
01-27-2022, 02:00 PM
Sounds a little pricey. Compare with this other ZHP with less miles and good service history:

2004 BMW 330i ZHP, Silver Grey/grey, 6MT, 187k mi – $5,999

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?23898-FS-2004-BMW-330i-ZHP-Silver-Grey-grey-6MT-187k-mi-%96-7-000-Albuquerque-NM

Kappybmw
01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the perspective. Of course it's impossible to have apples to apples for 15-20 year old cars, but I think that's a fair alternative. I responded to Crickett's FS thread asking if it's still available, it looks to have been mechanically well taken care of.

fredo
01-27-2022, 03:27 PM
Welcome, sir. And good luck with your search.

PatN
02-07-2022, 02:21 PM
I just bought this one. Like any high mile E46 it has its share of needs, but it has a recent shifter/bushings rebuild and a lot of new suspension parts, so it drives really, really nice. Five years after I sold my 2004 Imola Red 6-speed convertible, I am back in the ZHP fold! I've always thought the ZHP sedans were really sharp looking, and now I have one. :-)

The seller came down to $6500. I still might have overpaid a touch, but it was a local car and that has a lot of value for me. I think for the combination of price and condition, this is one of the better manual-trans ZHP deals in the past year. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it... LOL

fredo
02-07-2022, 04:31 PM
Congrats, man ! Well done.

Kappybmw
02-07-2022, 06:38 PM
Congrats, hope you enjoy it! Glad it went to a local buyer. That seller was super nice though to discuss with.

Now I need to figure out if I want to search for another IR or open the search a little wider. Maybe one in Mystic Blue to match my 325iT...

PatN
02-07-2022, 11:34 PM
Congrats, hope you enjoy it! Glad it went to a local buyer. That seller was super nice though to discuss with.

Now I need to figure out if I want to search for another IR or open the search a little wider. Maybe one in Mystic Blue to match my 325iT...
Yeah, the seller was a good kid. He'd never sold a car before in his life, so I got to show him the ropes. He was extremely honest and accommodating, meeting me halfway between his home and mine twice so I could check out the car, then being flexible on the price. This car drives really well but it is definitely a project car. Lots of little issues to deal with, and maybe a couple bigger ones (ABS/DSC trifecta lights and air conditioning isn't working).

You're local then? I'm outside Issaquah. Hope to see you around.

TrKy3
02-08-2022, 06:27 AM
That abs module is a real pain on these cars.
Had my mechanic pull it out and I sent it to XeMODeX to rebuild. Turned out it couldn’t be rebuilt, had to order another and then once I got it back, took a few hours to bleed brakes, because there is a special way to do it when it’s hooked up to the computer.

If it is the abs module, make sure to be super careful when you remove it, it has a thin piece hanging off that you do not want to break.

PatN
02-09-2022, 08:31 AM
That abs module is a real pain on these cars.
Had my mechanic pull it out and I sent it to XeMODeX to rebuild. Turned out it couldn’t be rebuilt, had to order another and then once I got it back, took a few hours to bleed brakes, because there is a special way to do it when it’s hooked up to the computer.

If it is the abs module, make sure to be super careful when you remove it, it has a thin piece hanging off that you do not want to break.

Will do, thanks! The previous owner never dealt with this problem in six years, so the ABS has been inop for a long time.

Kappybmw
02-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the seller was a good kid. He'd never sold a car before in his life, so I got to show him the ropes. He was extremely honest and accommodating, meeting me halfway between his home and mine twice so I could check out the car, then being flexible on the price. This car drives really well but it is definitely a project car. Lots of little issues to deal with, and maybe a couple bigger ones (ABS/DSC trifecta lights and air conditioning isn't working).

You're local then? I'm outside Issaquah. Hope to see you around.

No, I'm SF Bay Area, so a [long] days drive away. I just think that a local forum buyer is the best option for all parties. Anyways, congrats again. Glad to see higher mile examples worthy of new ownership. And this example does look sharp!