PDA

View Full Version : Center Console Rear Ashtray Sliding Door Replacement

Satcho
01-13-2022, 11:12 AM
I discovered on Facebook Marketplace an individual who 3D printed the center console rear ashtray sliding door. Here are links ... I purchased one, Awaiting receipt & installation
https://www.facebook.com/groups/170246476937003/user/20711704/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3HwCocrLbY

PdZHP
01-13-2022, 11:43 AM
Looks good, what's the cost? Sorry, no Facebook account here.

John in VA
01-13-2022, 12:19 PM
Ad states $20 from Avon, IN. I can't attach the photo.

Jordan Stowe BMW E46 owners of USA. Buy/Sell/Trade

New Rear Ashtray Sliding Cover! This is ONLY the cover, not the entire ashtray.
These are NOT OEM or BMW parts, these are made custom through 3D printing. I designed these covers as I needed one myself and didn't want to pay for new and didn't care for what I could find online. They are printed in PETG material which can withstand the temp inside the car, but are also flexible enough that the sections do not snap apart with use. The top strip is silver in the picture, but if you would like a custom color I do have a wide selection and can customize that to your liking. These will be made to order so please give a couple of days before I will ship.
Will ship within the US but please contact me to arrange.

Vas
01-13-2022, 01:12 PM
Let us know how this ends up being. The cost has jumped up to $90 for the complete ashtray when it was around $60.

Galapolis
01-13-2022, 01:32 PM
Let us know how this ends up being. The cost has jumped up to $90 for the complete ashtray when it was around $60.

I noticed that too. I'm beating myself up over it, was literally $54 on FCP a couple weeks ago. Now it's at $99. I might buy the last cheap OEM one from Lithuania at 60-something.

Vas
01-13-2022, 02:40 PM
I noticed that too. I'm beating myself up over it, was literally $54 on FCP a couple weeks ago. Now it's at $99. I might buy the last cheap OEM one from Lithuania at 60-something.

I bought one from ebay a couple days ago. It was $60 from a dealer in CA. They had a couple left iirc

das boots
01-13-2022, 07:40 PM
Ad states $20 from Avon, IN. I can't attach the photo.

Jordan Stowe BMW E46 owners of USA. Buy/Sell/Trade

These are NOT OEM or BMW parts, these are made custom through 3D printing. I designed these covers as I needed one myself and didn't want to pay for new and didn't care for what I could find online. They are printed in PETG material which can withstand the temp inside the car, but are also flexible enough that the sections do not snap apart with use. The top strip is silver in the picture, but if you would like a custom color I do have a wide selection and can customize that to your liking. These will be made to order so please give a couple of days before I will ship.

Excellent. I need one of these sliding cover. I also am not in FB. Please relay info of seller over for all so we can place an order.

Thanks.

cakM3
01-13-2022, 07:47 PM
I discovered on Facebook Marketplace an individual who 3D printed the center console rear ashtray sliding door. Here are links ... I purchased one, Awaiting receipt & installation
https://www.facebook.com/groups/170246476937003/user/20711704/

I get this when I click on the link above....

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51819620439_31f7e865b4_z.jpg

Satcho
01-13-2022, 08:52 PM
Excellent. I need one of these sliding cover. I also am not in FB. Please relay info of seller over for all so we can place an order.

Thanks.

Here is the individuals email address for communication ... jwstowe@gmail.com (Jordan Stowe)

das boots
01-14-2022, 08:21 PM
Here is the individuals email address for communication ... jwstowe@gmail.com (Jordan Stowe)

Got it and sent him an email.

rix617
01-21-2022, 09:40 PM
I'm also interested in how this turns out. The youtube video looks like it fits and slides decently. The facebook pictures make it hard to tell the quality of the print though. If you could take some higher res photos that would be awesome.

das boots
01-22-2022, 10:07 PM
Got my Sliding Door today in my mailbox. Will install when the days warms up a little bit.

Edit: Done. Piece of cake.

Thanks.